Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-14-2005, 12:08 AM   #29

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Hi Sean,
What is your prime mission in going over to WW, are they going to be doing some work on your new trailer?

But i do have a sort of a nagging question for them, and that is of course the tire/wheel situation. I had asked my dealer TWICE about upgrading to 16" E's before I had inked the deal. And that was of course only a couple months ago. Both times they told me that WW would not consider it. As of a few months ago that was the party line I heard all over. Now, apparently WW is relenting and retrofitting some trailers with E's.
Why the change? If it is necessary or just plain advisable to do it now, why the adament refusal just a couple months ago? Is there any provision for after the fact upgrades? -and I would doubt that this would be, but I'm asking anyway.
It took WW 4 or 5 years to switch from Carlisles as their tire of choice. What is it with this so forward thinking company in almost every respect except with their tires/wheels?
This question comes from a THREE time WW purchaser.

(oh,... and Sean you and I both had a couple instances in our new trailers with components screwed into just sheetmetal, the screws missing the studs. If they come up with a good gameplan for the tires situation, tell them I'll mail them a free Sears studfinder and a 9-volt battery.)

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2005, 12:30 AM   #30

Mike:

I think they're feeling the pressure over the 16" deal...it was the same with my deal- they wouldn't consider it, but that was 2 months ago. It's forums like this that tend to bend some policies, and for good reason- who wants to buy something that doesn't work for them? Poor 'ole Wes has stumbled onto this with no warning...Mark just has a product that's in high demand, and isn't willing to bend whatsoever on a lot of things...like gensets- I wanted to upgrade to the Marquis Platnium, but Chris told me WW wants $1700 as an adder when they're really only about $700 online (the Platnium is a fuel-injected Gold that you don't have to worry about high elevations). And it's the same dimensions as the Gold, and same hookups, but no dice unless you want to worry about it yourself (but then try to get some warranty work done- this is why I chose not to make the change).

Another was the swivel TV cabinet...Mark had this "great idea" of putting in the rear of the curbside cabinets, and finally relented and put it back up front because the Jeepers couldn't clear it. But it took a while for him to realize the product wasn't conforming to the market (especialy when they advertise the Jeep sittin' on top of their coach).

There are a few things that I believe they need to pay attention to:

-Payload Capacities
-16" Tires/Wheels (don't even make it an option- just do it, and GOOD quality tires, not just what you can get a "deal")
-6 volt batteries (option for either 2 or 4 each)
-Genset Options (Honda? Platnium?)
-Wiring for Satellite Dish (not just Satellite "Ready")
-Fuel Switch Valve between tanks (Thanks Howie!)

To be fair to WW and Mark, alot of these do screw up his production, but just like alot of the rest of us...if you just hire the right people, alot of THAT headache goes away. And really, the current product, IMHO, is superior to others, so once again, it boils down to supply and demand- if there's enough people that go elsewhere, then you change. The trick to that is getting peole to share why they went away, and the message is bolded even further.

Hating to ramble on, but the wheel/tire thing is probably the biggest...affects Payload caps, reliability, and a host of other issues. CLEARLY it is the topic that everyone migrates to. But I must admit- there may be something that we're not thinking about, and I'll try to get a bead on it when I go out there (and certainly make sure someone there is paying some attention to iRV2!).

I really like our SLC, and will continue to do so. But I still wish Howie would buy the company and let us run it for him!

Whew...

Old 06-14-2005, 09:23 AM   #31

Good post Sean.

Just got off the phone with Jason at WW. As I suspected, the stock WW 15" rims aren't rated to the higher PSI requirements of the new 15" E rated tires. The manufacturer of the rims is beginning testing to re-certify them to the higher PSI. How long is that going to take? Who knows.

I again relayed my concerns of the 15" E tires only being manufactured by one company and if they stop, I/we are USCWOAP. He said now that there is one company making them, more will follow. But to that I say the one company could just as easily stop because of problems with them. I think 16" E rated tires are the only way to go.

Also, still no answer on restickering for a higher GVWR, and without that, it doesn't matter what WW does, the TH still won't be legal to the weight police.

He's going to relay my concerns up the chain.

To be continued.........................
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:55 AM   #32

Wes:

Wow...that's a good piece 'o info there...wheels not being able to handle the psi...there's alot of people that NEED TO KNOW THAT! I would've never thought about that one...

There's quite a few people that talk about some Michelin tires that are "G" rated...if you're gonna have to go bigger, why not go all the way, huh?

I love the USCWOAP!! That is good use of both vowels and constanants!!

Jason...I remember Jason...good guy (is he still the Service Mgr?).

Looks like it may be tomorrow I go there...my friend and I are going to go chart out some campsites on the way up to Big Bear this afternoon to see there's one we can get our rigs in. I'll take the camera and see if we can share some pics...

Boy HD- really feel for you...now 98 days and still wrangling over it
Old 06-14-2005, 11:07 AM   #33

Were talking tires again!!!!!

It is unbelievable that WW doesn't get the tire problem. Even the low end hauler makers are going 16's. These rigs are built to carry things, not just itself. I battled over tire size when I had my WW 10 years ago. I have seen friends with newer bigger WW trailers with inadequate tires and rims. My Nomad had 235 85 16 Goodyear Wranglers E rated. I put 25,000 + miles of them and when I traded it in on the Alfa, they still had many miles left on them. Even the dealer could not believe there condition and miles. My Alfa is shoed with Goodyear 614's. 100 psi tires, rated I believe 3750 lbs. They are big, heavy duty trailer tires, they weigh 93 lbs tire and rim. That type of tire SHOULD be MANDATORY on a large hauler type of trailer.

Hopefully this link and the one on the other forum will get someone at WW thinking about safety, not just the bottom line.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:24 AM   #34

Another update....................

I just got off the phone with my dealer and Jason at WW. WW is researching the best way to fix this issue and will take 1 1/2-2 weeks to come to a decision on the best fix.

It also looks like new weight stickers will be a part of the solution.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm more then willing to wait a couple of weeks to have the best possible solution.

We are definitely moving in the right direction. Thank you in advance Weekend Warrior for doing what's best for your customers.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:35 AM   #35

HD,

That sounds cautiously optomistic... But a move in the right direction. Bottom line, it's your trailer that currently is at the forefront of this problem, and your decision on what you want to do. From reading all the posts, we all feel your frustration and want you and your family to enjoy your new rig AND be safe doing it.

With all the new WW's that have been bought by the people on just these two forums, it would be wise of the folks at WW to really listen and come up with a solution that works for everyone who currently owns a WW and all the future buyers.

WW makes a superior product, but shoes it in inferior rubber and rims. They should take the lead and give the best possible rubber and rims.

The people buying will pay the price if they want the trailer.

Clark

Old 06-14-2005, 11:43 AM   #36

Amen Brotha Clark!

I'll drink to that! (Tom...wanna join me? It's beer-thirty there in OK, isn't it?) [Klink]

Sean
Old 06-14-2005, 11:47 AM   #37

It's 5:00 somewhere

Old 06-14-2005, 08:34 PM   #38

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by high desert:
Another update....................

I just got off the phone with my dealer and Jason at WW. WW is researching the best way to fix this issue and will take 1 1/2-2 weeks to come to a decision on the best fix.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wes...the 1 1/2 - 2 weeks worries me...Warrior KNOWS just what the fix is- taking that time just gives you more gray hairs (now if they throw in some Grecian Formula, then I'd REALLY be worried!)

I have no idea what it takes to get to Mark, but that's the guy who can 'push the button'. I have, for the last 28 years, taught my salespeople to not accept any answer from a lacky customer service rep that doesn't conform to the customer's request...in other words, "go to the top"- get Mark to push the "Whopper Button", and don't take 'no' or 'maybe' for an answer.

When you've exhausted that avenue, then I'm afraid it's time to tell your dealer "how the cow ate the cabbage".

It's times like these where you've invested alot of YOUR time, and it's about time they recognized it. And btw...if you do wind up getting the WW (actually any other coach for that matter), don't hesititate to grind your dealer down on the price for YOUR time...let HIM worry about getting it from Warrior.

I'm not saying to get nasty...just firm...this is the kinda thing that irks me (can you tell?!).

Good luck...we Need to know the outcome, OK?

Sean
Old 06-15-2005, 08:08 PM   #39

Wes:

We've all had 24 hours we'll never get back...wassup? Any word yet?

Sean
Old 06-15-2005, 08:16 PM   #40

No, nothing, nada, zilch......well you get the idea. 99 days and the wait isn't over. Hey is that a song?

Looks like two weeks till I even find out what they're gonna do.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:22 PM   #41

Hummm...what did you think about my earlier post? The only other thing I can think of is Mark is vaca'ing somewhere and can't be reached, but I really doubt that: two reasons...usually there's someone else at the helm, or he's got Verizon...anyway you cut it, you should really be getting an answer WAY before.

Sean
Old 06-15-2005, 08:30 PM   #42

Sean,

I thought your earlier post was spot on, but what's a body to do?

I think they're testing the 15" rims to see if they can handle the PSI of the Titan E rated tires.

I hope not because I"m not at all thrilled with that option.

Wes