Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-15-2005, 08:35 PM   #43

So Wes....get 'em to put 16's on it for ya! For the tri-axles they want $2700, but I think you could get 'em to go for a much modest sum (OK....2/3'ds of $2700 is $1800...less headache factor.....comes to maybe a few hundey's?).

I think YOU'LL need to be in the driver's seat on this one...merely putting a different sticker on it is just too easy for them to do- they need to be a participant of a REAL solution.

Things that make ya go hummm...., ey?

Sean

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2005, 08:47 PM   #44

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
triples with 16's
and although you probably wouldn't need to, there is nothing bad about doing a 4" axle flip if thats what it takes to make the 16's work.

I think the "week and a half" might just be the natural time it takes a big company to react to what is essense really is an astounding revelation - that super WW just tossed a new model out there that had a 738 CCC.!!
I mean at my company we have week long committee meetings just to decide about moving a copy machine into Receiving from the sales office. So i imagine that WW set a week to do some R.&D. on this one, because my gut feeling tells me this is sink or swim time with this model being heavily accessorized with its current base setup. This is potentially big.
Lets see what the week brings to the table.

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:53 PM   #45

Wes,

I know that you have asked the dealer to weight the trailer as is. What is their reaction to that question? Are they willing to do it? If not, will they allow you to go do it?

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:02 PM   #46

Mike:

You may be probably right with the huddle aspect, but there's something to having a buyer "in wait"- and that 'buyer' could be alot more peeps than Wes...there's quite a bit of peeps looking at this, going "ah crap!"...the public forum speaks volumes. That is why I suggested to HD that he try glamisdunes.com.

Normally, the sweaky wheel gets the grease, but the 'lawyer' in me (man...watched too many of those shows) also has to mention that sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.

The Internet is a very powerful thing....Moski and I were talking about that watchin' "House"...alot of good things to cultivate, and then a lot of bad things...depends on which side of the fence you're on. Wes is being cautious, and I commend him for that, but offline- it may be time to "read WW the Riot Act". $$'s speak even MORE volumes.

Sean
Old 06-15-2005, 09:11 PM   #47

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and that 'buyer' could be alot more peeps than Wes.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm thinking THAT is it. They probably have a number of peeps riding on this one.
But still the same, we have ONE here that WE are hovering with. Still, WW has been a very workable company, they stand right, all except for that darn wheel/tire issue (in my humble opinion). Never has hurt to read a little riot into the situation though, you're right about that one Sean.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:15 PM   #48

Yeah, I really think I've got to give em some time on this, but at the end of the day, I'll be looking for real solutions, not a bandaid.

To me, that's 16" E tires at least, hopefully they'll agree after their pow wow.

Clark, the TH still has not been weighed even though they said "sure", so that's the place I need to light the fire. Not literally of course.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:19 PM   #49

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Clark, the TH still has not been weighed even though they said "sure", so that's the place I need to light the fire. Not literally of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hummmmm... that makes me wonder...do they just take old numbers for what they loaded into the rig, or do they actually have scales? A simple "take the forklift and weight this thing" should be instanteous if they've got a scale.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:31 PM   #50

I don't think they have a scale, didn't see one while I was there. But taking it to a scale is no big deal.

Where are my matches.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:32 PM   #51

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Where are my matches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i thought we agreed, not THAT kind of fire underneath them ...
I'm still hoping they do the solid thing
Old 06-15-2005, 09:48 PM   #52

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by high desert:
I don't think they have a scale, didn't see one while I was there. But taking it to a scale is no big deal.

Where are my matches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK Wes...you're startin to wake up the household also! There's gotta be one close-by...I'm SURE you're not the only one to go thru this...
Old 06-15-2005, 10:13 PM   #53

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just wanted to confirm that I have also brought this to attention. The Factory has assured me that it will be fixed. Stay tuned. Shawn
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post on glamisdunes.com from Shawn Zang, Weekend Warrior sales manager, Giant RV Monclair.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:43 AM   #54

Wes:

I thought that might work...now you're getting some muscle behind the issue...

You know, it's amazing that people really don't know what they're carrying as far as weight...my '95 I must have weighted almost a dozen times in 4 1/2 years, just so I knew what I was up against. As soon as I get the mileage on the truck and the hitch put in it, it's Maiden Voyage will be to the scales. Ignorance is NOT bliss!

Good luck buddy!

Sean
Old 06-16-2005, 10:50 AM   #55

June 15,2005

To: All Weekend Warrior Customers

CEO and Founder of Weekend Warrior Trailers, Inc.

Re: Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)
Pertaining to WW Model FSC2800

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to talk to you about trailer gross vehicle weight ratings (GVWR) and specifically about the rating on the FSC 2800 tandem axle model having minimal cargo capacity.

Unfortunantely, this is the perfect case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. When we weigh the actual trailer and add in the opyions minus GVWR, we get the cargo capacity. The right hand (me) is setting the amount of GVWR and the left hand is doing the calculations on the stickers. I'm sorry I did not catch this sooner. I do know that more and more of the trailers are loaded with every option possible. Consenquently, that has dipped too far into our cargo capacity. If I had noticed this problem sooner, I would have the solution already.

There are several possible remedies to this issue.I am trying desperately not to jump out of the frying and into the fire. This was my mistake in not watching this closer.

At this point, I'm not ready to give the solution to this problem. However, I am doing the research now as you are reading this. Please allow me a week or so to accomplish this (i.e., cost, aesthetics, function, availabilty, etc.)

I will be in touch with both a note here on this website and we will notify all the FSC2800 customers as soon as possible.

Sincerly,

WEEKEND WARRIOR TRAILERS, INC.

MARK WARMOTH
CEO AND FOUNDER

p.s. I do not monitor the web sites. However, if you have any questions or comments, please give us a call at (800) 500-9914.

Posted on glamisdunes.com
Old 06-16-2005, 11:18 AM   #56

exactly
as i've been saying, this is a case of over-accessorization,
BUT, why doesn't their right and left hand talk more is curious.
Sending out a beast of a ToyHauler that an actual human being (not a computer) had to type CCC=738 pounds, seems like a fair amount of cross-training at the factory might not have happened.
but also like was said last night here, given that WW has been so customer loyal, giving them a week considering the scope of this seems very reasonable.
I wish WW and Mark the best.

One thing comes to mind in the situation of companies realizing an error has been occuring,
some hide and defend,
some stand tall and immediatly fix and renew customer satisfacion.
It looks like WW is announcing their intention to bring their CCC back into the mainstream.