Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2005, 03:37 PM   #57

Hats off to WW and Mark for addmiting their problem. How about a round of aplause with your right and left hands.

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2005, 07:20 PM   #58

Wes:

Ahhh...this is a GOOD sign...woke up the main guy...and like melon stated, blessed be Mark for admitting there was a problem and not trying to hide it. However, I am a bit miffed at the "I do not monitor the web sites" p.s...maybe he doesn't, but if he is really customer oriented, he'll have SOMEONE on his payroll do it. And it does seem that he's in quite the cunnundrum...in the case, I would certainly wait the extra week or so like your inner heart told you.

Keep us updated! Good stuff!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 03:34 PM   #59

Well I hope that in the next 35 days they look at all the units, like our LE3505 and the others that are due to go into production in about a week.

I was looking at the calendar and noticed the 4th of July is on a Monday this year so I hope the crew in charge of putting on the walls don't have blood shot eyes on Tuesday...lol

I am looking forward to the 23rd of July if all goes well.

Mr. Mark WARMOTH, if you read this board, can you please make sure that the LE3505 will hold a Jeep and water please? Maybe kick the tires and see if another 4000 lbs will be ok. I don't want to have to drive back to Perris, heck I don't even speak French..I can always lend a hand or two.....

Enough comedy right?

2004 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
cboh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 06:35 PM   #60

cboh1,
At this point, laughter is the best solution for us all, no matter the situation.

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:32 PM   #61

This morning our patience was really nearing an end, so I called WW and tried to talk with Mark. He wasn't in, but the person I talked to told me that all the testing was done and Mark would make a decision today, then call my dealer with the info.

I got off the phone with my dealer a while ago and WW is going to put new rims and 15" E rated tires on all FSC2800s and up the GVWR to 13000#. Mark will post this info in 48 hrs on the WW website.

While I'm not thrilled with them going with 15s instead of 16s, from a business stand point it makes sense for them to choose this route. It accomplishes their goal at the lowest cost.

My TH should be ready by the first of next week. I'm going to accept it with this fix and possibly upgrade to 16s next year.

So hopefully this ordeal is nearing a conclusion and this will start being fun like I thought it would be.

Thank you everyone for your input and support. I REALLY appreciate it.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:44 PM   #62

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Facinating news Wes.
What will your CCC be now, have you roughed that out yet? Is it in the area of 2700 pounds? Have you roughed out what your weight requirements are, and if this satifies those requirements? This whole episode has been quite surprising, from start to the finish ~ "one week later".
And since this situation has required after-the-fact consideration from WW, did you think you might want to call up your dealer and press them to press WW to ante up for the 16" tires NOW, even if you have to pony up a couple dollars?? In essense upgrading them immediatly. I wonder if WW would go for it.

Somehow I thought after this much time, they were going to pamper you instead of placate you.
But, the better wheels and E-tires is a solution. And I don't think I'd have any problems with 15' E's.

CONGRATS is in order again
Mike
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:54 PM   #63

Wes,

I hope the fix will work for you. I agree with you on the 16's though, I had 16's on my Nomad back in 2000, and I believe that most of the companies building TH'ers have 16's on all their larger units.

This is something that WW needs to just do. It is the one thing that makes WW look cheap and they have known about it for years and years.

Ask anyone who owns or has owned a WW and they will tell you that the tires and wheels are too small and cheap.

But Mark has finally adknowledged there is a problem and apparently he is going to make a fix, so I'll give him credit on that part.

Now it will be interesting to see if the units rolling off the line will have the E rated tires standard on them.

Hope you get to use the WW soon Wes, take the family out and just do a long check out weekend.

Enjoy, Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:21 PM   #64
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Wonder what brand E rated tire they are using? When I need to replace mine thats what I'm going to do, although the D Generals have been great, knock on wood. Course mine only carries 12500 or less on the axles so its well within the ratings when loaded.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:23 PM   #65

Mike,

I've been thinking of asking about the 16" upgrade now. It will take adding some blocks to make them work, I think this is the reason Mark went with the 15s.

Our new CCC will be at just under 2700# which isn't great, but will fit our needs.

Thanks for the congrats.

Clark,

Thank you. We're going to go to a lake not far from here without the toys for our shake down run. As far as I know at least the FSC2800 will all come standard with 15"Es.

I don't know why they won't go standard with 16s on them. seems the cost to them would be minimal.

Tom,

I believe the tires are going to be Titan. Hopefully they won't be Carlisle, I better check.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:19 AM   #66

Wes:

Oppps...I actually asked about this (what brand) on your other thread...

You can be happy that Carlisle doesn't make a 15" Load E...only Titan, and one other company does. If you ca go with the 16's, you'll be so much better off it's not funny. I'd bite the bullet now. (you porbably have that bullet between your teeth as we speak, huh?!)...

Good luck!

Sean
Old 07-06-2005, 12:26 PM   #67
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
So far all I've heard about the Titans has all been good. Hope it continues! Have you asked Mark what kind of deal he'd make at this stage of the game to step up to the 16's? Since he's got to buy different tires he might cut a deal. Be worth a shot.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:45 PM   #68

Dang it Tom- you got us talkin' tires again! (oops- or was that me? ).
Old 07-06-2005, 08:12 PM   #69

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

While I'm not thrilled with them going with 15s instead of 16s, from a business stand point it makes sense for them to choose this route. It accomplishes their goal at the lowest cost.

Wes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wes:

You know...I haven't looked into the price difference between 15's and 16's and if I did, I'd only be looking at retail numbers, but I would bet that we're only talking, maybe, a $200 difference- OK...let's call it $300...still nuttin' when you're buying a $30k-$50k rig. I wouldn't have even blinked at the extra cost. There's got to be more than meets the eye here...it could be a whole bunch of things, like hungry wheel and tire guys who have given him one heck of deal to stay put. As much as I love WW, where does the customer fit into that equation?

Oh...and puttin' 2x4 steel instead if 2x2 to lift the axles...maybe another $10-20 bucks...

Sean
Old 07-06-2005, 09:32 PM   #70

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There's got to be more than meets the eye here... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
as many times as anyone tosses this silly thing around, that exact sentence goes thru my head as well.
Since people are with some amount of routine, going out and buying their own complete new set of 16" wheels and E rated tires as soon as they bring their new rig home,....
.. what exactly IS preventing this from just being a manufacturer option??

Those e-rated 15" are a good viable idea, but please provide all of us the OPTION of the 16s at time of purchase. That extra 2" block can't exactly be an engineering stumper.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There's got to be more than meets the eye here... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote