Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-07-2005, 03:47 PM   #71

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

I got off the phone with my dealer a while ago and WW is going to put new rims and 15" E rated tires on all FSC2800s and up the GVWR to 13000#. Mark will post this info in 48 hrs on the WW website.

Wes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wes:

I just tried http://www.warriormfg.com and it's down...it's been 48 hours, so maybe they're updating it as we speak??! I'd really like to see that announcement...

Thanks!
Sean

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2005, 04:23 PM   #72

Yeah Sean.....so would I....I can get on the site, but no announcement that I can find. ........WW said "48 hrs", I hope this isn't like "a week or so".

Wes

high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:24 PM   #73

Hey Wes:

Maybe we ought to get everyone together and buy Mark a new watch- one with big ol numbers on it that he couldn't miss!

Unfortunately, though, history doesn't lie, so it may be more like a "couple of weeks" like you say (his webmaster must ALSO be out on vacation while you sit home and cancel trip after trip)...

Sean
Old 07-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #74

Headinjury Jul 8 2005, 01:49 PM Post #1

"Brotherhood of the Slap"

Group: Weekend Warrior
Member No.: 231

Warn: (0%)

Official Release from Weekend Warrior:

July 6, 2005

All Weekend Warrior Customers

Re: Gross Vehicle Weight Ratings (GVWR)
Pertaining to Weekend Warrior Model FSC2800

To my Customers with FSC2800's:

This is my follow-up to my letter of June 15, 2005 regarding the rating on the FSC2800 tandem axle model having minimal cargo capacity. We are going to increase the payload on all FSC2800 trailers by 1,200lbs. by changing the tires to E-rated 15" tires. Because of the inconvience, we will send tires and rims to make the change as easy as possible. We will also be issuing new rating stickers with the new cargo capacity. We will contact our dealers and every customer that owns a FSC2800 trailer with information regarding the replacement of these tires.

Again, I apologize for any inconvience this may have caused. Thank you for your support and your business.

If you have any questions or comments, please give us a call at (800) 500-9914.

Sincerely,

WEEKEND WARRIOR TRAILERS, INC.

MARK WARMOTH
CEO AND FOUNDER

--------------------

Do the things you Fear, and the death of Fear is certain...
Old 07-11-2005, 07:39 PM   #75

andrewz,

Welcome to irv2...Thanks for reposting this letter. I had posted it, but I lost a lot of good posts on this thread over the weekend when irv2 had problems.

FYI: The "fix" will only raise the GVWR to 12,300# and will not raise the CCC enough for this coach and my needs.

I was hoping for 16" E rated tires and a 13,000# GVWR.

Wes
Old 07-11-2005, 07:43 PM   #76

Wes:

I see 16's sitting on a FSC2800 with your name on it in my crystal ball...tell your dealer!

May cost him some money, but then again, this issue has costed a bunch of people some oney...he outta consider it a lesson and write it off to Education Expenses...

Take care!

Sean
Old 07-11-2005, 07:55 PM   #77

A subliminal note to my dealer and Mark,

<span class="ev_code_GREY">You will put 16's on Wes's FSC2800, You will put 16's on Wes's FSC2800, You will put 16's on Wes's FSC2800, You will put 16's on wes's FSC2800, You will put 16's on Wes's FSC2800, You will put 16's on Wes's FSC2800, You will put 16's on Wes's FSC2800</span>

That ought ta do it.

Wes
Old 07-11-2005, 08:02 PM   #78

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Jese, all these subliminal notes lately ...

...Sean's wife Moski called me on the phone all panic stricken the other day,...
...Sean went out and bought two more duallys!, AND she found him out on their driveway in a trance scraping the gel-coat off their new SLC !!!!!!

We got to get better at DIRECTING these subliminals to the right person
and Sean, we gotta glue that gel back on, soon!!!
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:12 PM   #79

Wes,

Tell the dealer 16"'s and it's a done deal!!!

Man, I tried my best to get some of those other guys to see the problem, I think it's time for me to shut up!!!

Thanks for supporting me, I knew where you were coming from the other night.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:19 PM   #80

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
no shutting up on that one Clark,
that is not only the best idea floating out there, but curiously not being done before the end user accepts delivery.
If the factory don't opt to do it, everyone else here should at least be made aware of that viable home option.
safety rules, plus it raise your toyhauler an inch or two
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:52 PM   #81

Clark,

I agree with Mike, No shutting up. We need people with experience like you to get the truth out on the undersize tire issue. Some people just don't like to hear the truth.

Thanks again

Wes
Old 07-12-2005, 03:52 PM   #82

This is it folks........decision time.

The 15" E rated tires with a 12,385# GVWR (Huh, how'd they come up with that number?) is WW and my dealer's final offer.

I could replace them with 16" tires, but at my own expense and no re-sticker to 13,000 GVWR.

This gives me a 2,021# CCC with H2O and LPG loaded. My quads are 1,788# dry so this leaves me with a whopping 233# of CCC for everything else.

I could travel with half the water to increase that number to 858#.

Do I go for the deal, put the 16's on for added safety and live with it (hoping I never get weighed by the Highway Patrol). Or do I give up on the deal and order something else. If I did this, I would probably wait till next year. I don't want to have something delivered just to have it sit in a snow bank. That is if I summon the courage to order anything else.

So....what's your advice....you can PM me if you would rather not say in public.

Thanks a bunch everyone,

Wes
Old 07-12-2005, 05:06 PM   #83

Wes,

Whats the added cost for adding the 16"'s. Personally I can't imagine getting pulled over and weighted, but it's not to say it can never happen. Are you always planning on taking the quads, sometimes not? Depending on what your doing is where the weight factor really kicks in.

I guess bottom line for you is how much do you want the trailer and will it work for you if you added the larger wheels/tires. If I was going to get it I would definately pay for the 16's, just added piece of mind.

The 15'E's don't really help when you look at the numbers. You know, everyone that gets a trailer eventually trades up to bigger or better. This could be your starter for a few years and then???

I really don't want to say one way or the other, I know how much you guys wanted this one, it could still work out by doing the 16's.

Go with your gut!!! You know were all behind you no matter what way you go!!!

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:12 PM   #84

Wes:

Wow...now that's really heavy dude (I mean the question!). The numbers with the 16's look pretty good, and as far as getting pulled over, just remember-break only one law at a time and you're alot better off! And it would depend just how often "Murphy" visits ya I guess!

You know, I've already resigned myself to having to measure water intake- and even if I wasn't close to the limit. And Clark's question is another that could prove doable- just what percentage of the time are you going to load all 4 quads?

Nice of you to allow to help make your decision, but...it's yours baby!!! Sorry!

Sean