Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-07-2005, 08:37 PM   #1

Well.........after 91 days on order, we went to the dealer to pick up our new FSC2800.
Went through the PDI and the orientation and found a few minor issues, broken taillight and one small graphic needs to be replaced. It's a beautiful trailer.

Easy fixes and the TH will be perfect, or will it?

I opened the cabinet below the sink and read the "white sticker" that has the GVWR, UVW and the CCC (cargo carrying capacity). GVWR- 11,100 lb, ok, I knew that.
Then I read the UVW - 9046 lb, What? For a 28 ft tag TH?

The numbers are already churning through my head "-1250 lb for water, - 68 lb for full propane", before I get to the CCC. Yep, you guessed it, only 736 lb. I could easily use that up before I load one quad.

[moderator edit], I knew this thing was going to be heavy, but 2400 lb of options? How can this be?
And what is WW doing building a TH with no cargo capacity? That door isn't there for cross flow ventilation. Couldn't they publish the weights of the options so we aren't ordering blind?

By this time, I was really PO and thought "no way is this TH going to work for us".

Then my salesman came to the trailer and asked what I would be hauling. I could tell before I answered, that he knew it wasn't going to work for us either. He said that they had this problem a few weeks before on another WW and that I would need to speak to the owner because he and WW had a "fix for this" and it would be "OK".

The owner said that the according to WW all that would need to be done is to change the 15 in tires and wheels to 16 in and that would increase the GVWR to 13000 lb. And they would do this at no charge to me. WW would also supply a letter stating the change in the GVWR. This is what they did to the other WW, and the customer was happy.

That's my story, what do you think? I pick it up on Friday, if I go for the idea.

high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2005, 08:37 PM   #2

Well.........after 91 days on order, we went to the dealer to pick up our new FSC2800.
Went through the PDI and the orientation and found a few minor issues, broken taillight and one small graphic needs to be replaced. It's a beautiful trailer.

Easy fixes and the TH will be perfect, or will it?

I opened the cabinet below the sink and read the "white sticker" that has the GVWR, UVW and the CCC (cargo carrying capacity). GVWR- 11,100 lb, ok, I knew that.
Then I read the UVW - 9046 lb, What? For a 28 ft tag TH?

The numbers are already churning through my head "-1250 lb for water, - 68 lb for full propane", before I get to the CCC. Yep, you guessed it, only 736 lb. I could easily use that up before I load one quad.

[moderator edit], I knew this thing was going to be heavy, but 2400 lb of options? How can this be?
And what is WW doing building a TH with no cargo capacity? That door isn't there for cross flow ventilation. Couldn't they publish the weights of the options so we aren't ordering blind?

By this time, I was really PO and thought "no way is this TH going to work for us".

Then my salesman came to the trailer and asked what I would be hauling. I could tell before I answered, that he knew it wasn't going to work for us either. He said that they had this problem a few weeks before on another WW and that I would need to speak to the owner because he and WW had a "fix for this" and it would be "OK".

The owner said that the according to WW all that would need to be done is to change the 15 in tires and wheels to 16 in and that would increase the GVWR to 13000 lb. And they would do this at no charge to me. WW would also supply a letter stating the change in the GVWR. This is what they did to the other WW, and the customer was happy.

That's my story, what do you think? I pick it up on Friday, if I go for the idea.

Old 06-07-2005, 08:45 PM   #3

Boy, it sure is a beauty... but I would call
Weekend Warrior directly and get your answers
from the factory rep.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:05 AM   #4

HD:

I second 56's suggestion- when salesman's lips are moving, they're usually lying. But if the letter is definitely from WW, then why would they not re-sticker the trailer?

We're also faced with going 16's, and it's a good idea even if you don't have to. I'm surprised that they'd change them out for "no charge"...either something was "left on the table", or they're just "nice guys", and the latter is kinda hard to find these days.

What 'extras' did you get? That 2400 lbs seems quite exaggerated...

Hope things work out for ya- keep us posted, OK?

Sean
Old 06-08-2005, 04:08 PM   #5

Thanks for the advice guys, I think that's a good idea. Has anyone contacted WW directly before? The only number I could find is 800-500-9914, do you know if this is correct?

You know, all that option weight has me stumped. If I would have gotten the slide, I would be over the GVWR with nothing in the TH.

My option list is:
gel coat sides
onan 5.5 gen
fuel station w/ 40 gal tank
twin elec. beds
booth dinette w/ bay windows
5 bar
vinyl floor
inverter w/ tv
am/fm CD stereo system
spare tire
jacks frt & rear

When I ordered, I estimated the UVW at a hair over 8000 lb. Boy was I wrong.

I talked to the dealer again today and told them that I have to have a new sticker, we'll see.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:22 PM   #6

HD,

I would see if the dealer could take it to a scale and check to make sure that is truely the UVW. On my Alfa, the white sticker inside has my water capacity listed at 85 gals. The true size is 100 gals. Sometimes the person typing the number hits the wrong keys.

Just a thought and maybe a mistake.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:42 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C.CARNEY:
HD,

I would see if the dealer could take it to a scale and check to make sure that is truely the UVW. On my Alfa, the white sticker inside has my water capacity listed at 85 gals. The true size is 100 gals. Sometimes the person typing the number hits the wrong keys.

Just a thought and maybe a mistake.

Clark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a good idea

I can't understand why the dealer didn't think of that themselves.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:39 PM   #8

Just got off the phone with WW and the tech thought the UVW on the sticker seemed really high.

I gave him the VIN, he's going to check the numbers and get back to me tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:16 PM   #9

HD,

Do you know if there is a truck scale anywhere close by the dealer? If there is, see if you can hook up and pull it and weight it yourself. Have the dealer guy ride with you. That's the only sure way to know what the true weight is. I would do this first before starting to do mods that may or may not help the situation.

Good luck and let us know!

Clark

Old 06-09-2005, 07:12 PM   #10

Clark,

I just wouldn't feel right buying this trailer without having it weighed. Boomtown has a CAT scale and is only a mile from my house, but approximately 25 miles from my dealer. If they want to make the sale, they will have to prove the weights.

WW seems to be willing to step up to the plate and make things right. I'll find out tomorrow what answers they have.

Thanks

Wes
Old 06-09-2005, 07:16 PM   #11

I hope things work out Wes, the dealer should have no problem letting you take it on a short test drive to the scale. I just think that before someone starts changing things and adding more weight overall to the rig (16" tires are heavy, mine weight 93 lbs each),
spending an hour and 50 miles seems like a small price to pay.

Let us know bud, good luck!!!

Clark

Old 06-09-2005, 09:25 PM   #12

HD:

I'm kinda goin' with the rv,??? guys and sayin' that rig should have 3 axles...did that leave any 'marks'?

By all means...safe is better than sorry...get that thing weighed and make 'em prove it to ya- there's obviously no buffer to be had, eh?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:36 PM   #13

In hindsight I should have went for the triple axle, but I really didn't think this thing would be this heavy.

I think it's UVW is less then 1000# of yours.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:38 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by high desert:
Just got off the phone with WW and the tech thought the UVW on the sticker seemed really high.

I gave him the VIN, he's going to check the numbers and get back to me tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, WW didn't call like they said they would.

I don't think WW knows what to do about the weight issue and I'm S.O.L., having wasted 3 months waiting for nothing.

No call from my dealer either, the longer this goes the less hopeful I am about a positive outcome.