Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-14-2005, 08:54 PM   #15

.....gives me an idea about cooling off the trailer top....IF water is free why not use it?....simple sprinkler and a hose would keep the trailer top wet and carry away the heat....geofkaye
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2005, 03:00 PM   #16

Mike,

Where did you get quick disconnects from??? Are they water-tight???

What kind of beer do you serve in your sau-guzzi???

Marco Polo

2500 HD Duramax
Marco Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:44 PM   #17

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Where did you get quick disconnects from??? Are they water-tight???
What kind of beer do you serve in your sau-guzzi??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
good quick disconnect(s) and spare screens for a variety of different misters and foggers are found:
http://www.cloudtops.com/misting_system_access.htm
those quick disconnects cost some bucks, but YES they are water tight, come in an OPEN flow or CLOSED flow style (when disconnected), and are really what made my system for me.
A generic misting systems could be built for esentially CHEAP by using just:
- standard hose,
- regular misters found all over,
- AND (i think it was 56Nomad who suggested, excuse me if my memory is wrong) probably could tap right into our EXISTING water pump by putting a screw-on attachment right onto our outside shower that we have on our toyhaulers. This way the system uses the RV's water-pump. I got a seperate SHURFlow pump - 1.4 GPM.

You could get any hose, a halfdozen misters, attach it to the shower and you have mist.!!

I got some disconnects though, which are very watertight (!!), because i wanted to be able to toss the system together in seconds, put it back into my trailer with zero drips, and add additional strands of misters upon need.
You see, ... I might want to take a sau-cuzzi one afternoon just me and my lazy hound; .... or I might want to turn it into a block party out at the Glam. I have strung up my full strength mega-stream sau-cuzzi out at ButterCup in the center of our circle of wagons, tossed a case of brew into a wooden half-barrel into the center of the mist, while its 125 degrees out there, and you can really get people's attention.

So to me, the disconnects make the deal sweet, but they aint exactly necessary for everyone.

My personnal brew of mandate: unpretentious, a great nose, strong yet strong, ... Budweiser. I'll take one of those fancy beers from someone if they insist, smile and wait till they aint looking, ditch it, .. .. and then go shag me a 12 ounce can of the ol' King. king BUD. !!
... I don't know how many people take the time to really become learned on this particular subject, ... but on EVERY SINGLE CAN of Bud sold, are these words:
"..brewing hops this way is more expensive, but it produces the distinct taste that belongs only to BUDWEISER"
These are very important words.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 05:08 PM   #18

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
oh ....
... where i use the CLOSED (when disconnected) disconnects, is on my bucket, and also the first attachment on my primary line that attaches to the bucket, and then the end of the line.
This way if i want to stop my sau-cuuzi say after maybe just a few gallons ... i unplug the assembly, and toss the dissasembled pieces back into storage, no leakage what so ever.
The ol' field strip of the misting system
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 06:52 PM   #19

Mikey:

I visited that site, and obviously I had been to it before, becuase one of the links was purple (not pink...not green, but- yes- purple). LOTS of good stuff there- I need to get some of those closed-type when disconnected for all of my lawn paraphernalia.

As mentioned before, have you thought of putting one of those filters on the system to rid yourself of those pesky mineral deposits? I put a mister system on my patio at the old house, and gee-sus...what a mess I had after a couple of months. That stuff is worse than ANTS!

Sean
Old 08-15-2005, 06:58 PM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
HeHe! Sean. Brings to mind a prevoius discussion of water heaters. Whats the saying... I remember.."Pay Back's A B...." HeHe! Rub rub.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:03 PM   #21

AAAAhhh....yes...the 'ol Surburban vs. Atwood convo...know it well!

Hey...a little to the left (no...your OTHER left), OK? Save me a trip to the bonecraker, OK?