Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-07-2005, 07:01 PM   #15

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2005, 07:24 PM   #16

Howie, you POS!!! Don't you EVER do that again!!
Who else would ever help me clean up all the fireworks aftermath??

Seriously, glad you're OK. My son Jason has a very nice "L" shaped scar on his left calf, from a quad rolling down the hill after him. Punched a hole through his skin, w/o ever tearing through the leather riding pants. Go figure? We kiddingly tell him these days, that he'll always know his right from his left. The "L" is on his "left" leg.

Old 12-07-2005, 07:47 PM   #17

Howie, you are a very lucky dude!

Howie, I am glad you are ok and trust me after your first "Grizzly" ,that's how I called my Rubicon when it stood upright for couple of seconds before it rolled right next to me, you have a renewed sense of respect for these very powerful machines.

Now you understand why I don't join you guys for the fast rides when I have the 4X4 Atvs. Those ATVs are not meant for sport riding hihi!! There is little suspension travel and they are heavy!!! On the other hand you can actually travel for days and do the Utah and Alaska type expeditions....

It is funny that I am saying this because I just bought a Yamaha WR450F. I really missed my off-road bike. I can't wait to break it in.

As far the repairs make sure you check ebay for used parts. For my Rubicon there are many new condition parts for a fraction of what Honda wants.

I am planning in being at Quartzsite third week of January. Check the website and there is some riding to and from the huge flea market. (Arizona desert)

CUL
Marco Polo

2500 HD Duramax
Marco Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 10:51 AM   #18

Hey Howie
At least you can use your new quad for something; a tow vehicle for the old one! Ha Ha!

2003 Rage'n 27T Toy Hauler
pondguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:48 AM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marco Polo:
Howie, you are a very lucky dude!

Howie, I am glad you are ok and trust me after your first "Grizzly" ,that's how I called my Rubicon when it stood upright for couple of seconds before it rolled right next to me, you have a renewed sense of respect for these very powerful machines.

Now you understand why I don't join you guys for the fast rides when I have the 4X4 Atvs. Those ATVs are not meant for sport riding hihi!! There is little suspension travel and they are heavy!!! On the other hand you can actually travel for days and do the Utah and Alaska type expeditions....

It is funny that I am saying this because I just bought a Yamaha WR450F. I really missed my off-road bike. I can't wait to break it in.

As far the repairs make sure you check ebay for used parts. For my Rubicon there are many new condition parts for a fraction of what Honda wants.

I am planning in being at Quartzsite third week of January. Check the website and there is some riding to and from the huge flea market. (Arizona desert)

CUL
Marco Polo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MP, when you headed out? I am looking for a little place to get my boys out, they are 3 1/2 and 20 months. So I have been holdin out on the dunes(that is why non of you other guys have seen us yet) Want to get the kiddos out though, I ride dirt bikes but we have two full suspension off road karts they ride in with Momma and I driving them. Kids love it. Quartsite looks like it would be a lot of fun with a lot to do, warmer climate and not a whole lot of bafoonary.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:58 PM   #20

Fire Rooster, I am planning Quartzsite for the 3rd week of January.
There is literally thousands of RVs campled all over the place . They estimate over 1/2 million people camp in the area. You will see a lot of people in off-road vehicles but mainly they drive their toads and scooters around. Check it out. You got about 100 square miles to camp hihi.... Your boys will love the outdoors and there is a lot of places to take your off road karts.
Are you an Arizonan??

2500 HD Duramax
Old 12-08-2005, 04:58 PM   #21

56 That's what I like about this forum. We gain valuable wisdom from those who share. Glad you are OK and will ride another day... uh with a liberty buddy of course (military jargon for riding partner)

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:29 PM   #22

MP,

Yeah I live in Phx. I will have to look at the quartzite wesite again. I really could not find much info. I do know it is the largest RV rally in the world in Jan. You a local Arizonan?

Nomad, sorry I forgot to wish you well earlier that was the whole point in this thread anyway and I hijacked it from you. Sorry
Old 12-08-2005, 06:06 PM   #23

Howie, how bad was the ATV damaged?? Is it just cosmetics??

Grizz, he definetely needs a liberty buddy!!!

Fire Rooster, not Arizonan but Californian from NYC hihi.... Live in Socal.

CUL
Marco Polo

2500 HD Duramax
Old 12-08-2005, 07:53 PM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marco Polo:
Howie, how bad was the ATV damaged?? Is it just cosmetics??

Grizz, he definetely needs a liberty buddy!!!

Fire Rooster, not Arizonan but Californian from NYC hihi.... Live in Socal.

CUL
Marco Polo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick..... All cosmetic which adds character to the KQ

My expenses have been for 1500 - 3000 grit sand paper and
polishing compounds, plus plastic buttons all available at the
local auto paint store.

Wish we could join you for the Quartite rally.
We need to connect so you can show me how to handle
and ride "Brutis" without crashing

Griz.... no more solo for me. Thanks.

Fire rooster... on this forum, hijacking is part
of the fun of posting
Old 12-09-2005, 06:37 AM   #25

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
yea, ... those cosmetic damages
i think it was that movie "Slap Shot" about the professional-ice-hockey team, .... and they take a sledge hammer to the panels of their nice clean team bus,.... and when someone asks them why they are beating up their own bus?

" ... because it makes us looks MEAN !!! ... "

youse guys are just sum mean-lookin' hard-ridin' beer-drinkin' liberty buddies !!

PrivateDog

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote