Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-11-2005, 10:46 AM   #29

I have mine on single lines running, each valve stem acts as the bolt holding my rear license plate on. Usr chrome caps, and you don't even know theie there.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #30

Great Idea, mind if I use it?

2004 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
cboh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 12:02 PM   #31

No worries,

Go right ahead!!! For me, I run singles if I need to adjust the load a little. Have sometimes loaded alot of heavy stuff and one side is down. A little air and were back to even. Just remember to adjust back out. I got an air guage when I got my bags that has a releif valve built in so I can release air and watch the pressure at the same time. So far I've had the air bags on the truck since it was brand new (3/2000) and have had zero problems.

Actually I mis wrote before, they are on the bottom license plate bolts.

Clark

Old 06-11-2005, 02:39 PM   #32

C.CARNEY

Thank you,

Very clean work. Any other tips?

Thank You

2004 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Old 06-11-2005, 02:51 PM   #33

Just make sure that you never run them without a little air ( I keep 5 lbs minimum). Play with varied amounts of air, whatever gives you the best ride, as there is a noticable difference between 3/4 and 1 ton stock.

Clark

Old 06-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #35

Thanks All....

This helps.

C. Carney and Grizwald2 you go to Pismo much?

2004 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Old 06-11-2005, 04:43 PM   #36

To be honest I have never been to Pismo. Now that don't have a TH, we will now have to camp at the CG outside the dunes. I have a guy I work with who goes quite often and wants us to go. Hopefull we'll go sometime soon, just have to figure when to squeeze it in.

Clark

Old 06-11-2005, 05:15 PM   #37

C.CARNEY,

Did you sell your Alfa?

2004 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Old 06-11-2005, 05:57 PM   #38

No, we bought an Alfa but it's not a toy hauler. We used to have a 33' Nomad 5er and before that a 20' WW pull toybox. We bought our WW back in 1993 when WW was still a young company. We used to go to Dumont and Glamis 7-10 times per year and everything else you could use a TH'er for. But as the kids got older, we just haven't used the hauler portion of the trailer. SO, this past Dec we took a big leap and went with a 3 slide live in Alfa. It is a beautiful rig, looks like a small condo inside and very comfortable. We decided that the wife and I wanted a little more comfort and luxary so we did it. No regrets going away from the TH, we still kept the quads and decided that if we do go to the dunes or Pismo, we'll get them there some other way.

We also travel the roads alot going to National Parks and such, so the Alfa just makes the trips that much nicer. Check out my webshots pictures, the Alfa is in there.

Clark

Old 06-11-2005, 09:24 PM   #39

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">C.CARNEY </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We have had 2 class A motor homes and they had been ok, but we pretty much had to stay on the road.

No doubt they are nice but we found that we stayed inside too much and did not get outside and enjoy the outdoors. It was like being at home.

We have been going to Pismo for over 25 years on and off and that is one of our favorite places to just chill out.

I figured we would do the WW 5er thing with the Jeep and the new F250 4x4 for a few years. Our kids are almost to the point they want to do their own thing but still enjoy traveling to Pismo.

We looked at some 5ers like the Hitchhiker but way too nice to take off Road.

We got a good deal on the WW 3505LE, $2000.00 under anyone else. I am pretty sure in three years or so we will do ok selling it if that's what we decide to do.

It sounds like you have a very nice unit.

We will make sure we post when we go to Pismo and maybe we can all meet up.

Pismo Beach Resort is very nice place to stay but a bit on the pricy side compared to sleeping by the Ocean on the Beach. And I love to watch all the toys go by.

2004 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Old 06-11-2005, 11:02 PM   #40

The last ime I went to Pismo (Sept 04) it was crazy full of people. Trashy folks who stole my neighbors firewood. That being said, the ranger told me the best time to go is Jan to Feb. He said the weather isnt all that bad, hardly any wind beautiful during the day and it gets down to 50s at night. Plus everyone is in Glamis or Dumont.

I got the low down on air bags for my rig. Since I have a lift I have to buy a 4 inch spacer and a special fitting to go around the fifth wheel hitch. I need to find out if anyone else other that AirLift makes this stuff. I am not getting raped yet, but close. The only thing saving me is I'm installing it myself.

Today was a sad day at our house. My old SL3005 went home with its new owner. So now the real wait begins until delivery of the new one (LE 3505). It was nice being able to just go out and sit in the TH while it sat in my driveway waiting to be sold. I got to say a shed a little tear when it rounded the corner out of my driveway and dissapeared down the street. You better believe i'll be crying tears of joy when I get my new one.

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:29 PM   #41

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">melon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Congrats....

Our's is due in on July 23 too! They will have the same Birthday.

The last time you went to Pismo was a Labor Day Weekend. Sept. 4, 2004. I would never go there then

We went in January this past year and the rain we had closed the beach as the tide was all the way to the ramp! The river crossing was at least 75 yards wide and who knows how deep. We say sofas go racing by...

Mondays thru Thursday is nice and the further down you go the crazier it gets.

We have never had a problem there but I am 6'3" and shall we say over 250 lbs. I get along with everyone...

2004 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Old 06-11-2005, 11:50 PM   #42

same here, 6'4" 260, 261 when I'm holding my .45. I play well with others. Yeah the last time I was there it totaly sucked. Probly wont go back for a while. Glamis either, seen a couple people die there. Just Dumont and the high dessert. It all about a family now, and thats way maor healthy.

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote