Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-09-2005, 05:43 PM   #1

Long time reader, first time post. We just sold our ww SL3005 and are set to pick up our new LE3505 on July 23. There is quite a difference in weight between the two, and the topic of air baggin' the rear has come up. Any thought? I know if would probly be a good idea, but a must?

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2005, 05:43 PM   #2

Long time reader, first time post. We just sold our ww SL3005 and are set to pick up our new LE3505 on July 23. There is quite a difference in weight between the two, and the topic of air baggin' the rear has come up. Any thought? I know if would probly be a good idea, but a must?

WW LE3505
Old 06-09-2005, 05:59 PM   #3

Add us to that question list.

2004 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
cboh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:11 PM   #4

melon,

Welcome to our little corner of the internet. One question, what type of truck do you have (3/4 - 1 Ton)?

Depending on your trucks set up and how much pin weight your trailer has, they can be a nice accessory or a needed necessity. Do you know the difference in weight between your old and new. I'm sure that it's listed on the web site or one of our resident WW owners here will be able to tell you.

I didn't hesitate to install them on my 1 ton, knowing that if I ever needed a little more to level out a load, all it takes is a small amount of air. Personally I feel it is needed if your have any intention of pulling a big new trailer, either a live in or a TH'er.

Give us a little more info about your set up and yourself. Where do you ride or camp and what toys do you have.

If you have been reading this site for anytime, I'm sure you have noticed that there is a wealth of knowledge and a few jokesters here.

Again, WELCOME aboard!!!!

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:16 PM   #5

Melon
What I coincidence. We will be picking up our LE3505 on July 23. Cool... Where did you order from? We live In Murrieta. Ordered from Giant about 2 miles from the house. Got the billet, how about you? Man I am going nuts waiting. Bought the 2500HD D/A while in Iraq and have about 4500 mi on it now. Installed the Firestone air bags to keep me busy while the anticipation of our first trailer sets in. It was easy on the Chevy. No holes to drill and took me about 1.5 hours. I can't vouch for how they work loaded maybe some will chime in but I do like what they have done for the empty truck. I-15 has some pretty good washboard that I never new until I got the truck. Anyway if you are looking to buy I got them through summit racing for $209.00 + $8.00 shipping.

Griz

Found this site when we were searching for the trailer. Sure is a lot of good people here and almost a comic relief at times.

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:33 PM   #6

Yeah, this is crazy having to wait. And the guy that I sold my old WW to picks it up tomorrow, so that leaves me with nothing for a month and a half!!! We live in Tustin, but we ordered ours from Travel-On in San Diego county (Alpine?) Too many problems with Giant, they run the monopoly and whats worse is they know it and don't let you forget it. We chose the Tan, but Billet was a close 2nd. We also went with the Wide Slide in the living room. I guess a new feature for LE's this year. I have briefly been looking into AirLift air bags from 4Wheel Parts. They want $500-$600 for the set. That is my biggest hangup, as you can imagine. $209 seemd way more fair. I might have to hit you uo about those.

WW LE3505
Old 06-09-2005, 07:00 PM   #7

Rod,

It looks like you got the power to pull, still don't know if you have a F250 or F350. Also, 4 Wheel Parts is not going to give you the best price in my opinion. We have one here in Redondo Beach where I work, and every time I have gotten a price on something, I have found a better price elsewhere.

Did you have any problems with the other trailer and your lift?

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
like the Griz, i got mine for $210 and they appear to be a real straight forward 'driveway' install. Firestones 2330 installs with no frame drilling which i wasn't real apposed to anyway since i have welded to my frame before and had zero problems. But no drill means no sweat.
So for a lousy couple hundred bucks, and a big improvement in towing quality, I'm thinking its a great value. Can't turn it down.
It looks to me like I'll have to slightly move the emergency brake line a few inches.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:07 PM   #9

Melon
Use to be stationed at Tustin and El Toro. Now I'm at Camp Pendleton. I miss that area we had allot of good times living your way. I wanted the slide bad but the wife (The Financeer wouldn't go for it) Oh well that just gives me a bargaining chip for the 2010 model hehe. We tried Travel-On and about four other places but Giant 2 miles from the house ended up bargaining the most with us. I know their reputation but didn't care. I just wanted the best price. I live so close to Weekend Warrior I can just take right it to the factory. Funny how different people find there best deals at different dealers. Anyway just go to http://www.suspensionconnection.com/ to look at them because they have a good web layout and then http://www.sumitracing.com/ has the best price.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 06-09-2005, 07:11 PM   #10

f-250. No, I never had any problems with the lift and the trailer. I had the axles flipped and that really hepled with the ride. 5th wheel is the only set up to go with. I had to remind myself I was towing it sometimes. I kind of figured on the 4WP thing. I still have 6 weeks to shop. Wish me luck.

WW LE3505
Old 06-09-2005, 07:27 PM   #11

Thanks Griz,(suspention-connection link) you just saved me $400. Pretty close to the same one that 4WP has. Where do you ride? We just got back from Coral Pink Sand Dunes in SW Utah. We mostly go to Dumont or the local surrounding dessert, but I'll ride anywhere, as long as I get to ride.

WW LE3505
Old 06-09-2005, 07:45 PM   #12

Well my brother in law in corona got us going after we moved back from Japan in 2002. He has a 28ft Carson. I have the 12x8 trailer behind the wife's Tahoe. We go to Stoddard wells Dumont, Glamis and Ocotillo mostly but now with the new truck and trailer the possibilities are endless. Utah sounds good when we going. Right now we have rev at Pismo for Aug 18 weekend. That might be the maiden voyage. The more the merrier.

06 LE 3505
Old 06-09-2005, 08:02 PM   #13

Utah is mid September, hopefully the maiden voyage for this rig is Idaho for a family reunion. After that, the skies the limit. You kow, when you get one of these things, you end up finding places to take them. By the way do you have any idea how WW is wih there delivery scedule. they say the 23rd, does that mean the 30th?

WW LE3505
Old 06-09-2005, 08:20 PM   #14

? Mabe we should let all the people who have already had theirs deliverd answer that question.

WWFan, Sean, twinbubba, 56Nomad got any delay stories for us?

Griz

06 LE 3505