Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2005, 05:58 PM   #15

56:

That looks a whole better than I would've thought...but the front looks kinda like it should've been in some type of 'Derby'...also surprised it made it THAT far (don't know if it's only a 1/2 mile from the Cuban coast, but still impressive!).

And HD....LOVE that pic! Mike- makes me wanna think we can use that somehow for our crew, ey?

Tom- get drunk FIRST? We always do that! Why do you think we get along so well, huh?! [Klink!]

Wow...this is gonna be a popular spot for a whole bunch of peeps...may win the "Thread Of The Year"...Fatty...does iRV2 have a contest, or do we need to just invent one ourselves (we are kinda of a diff bunch than the rest, huh?!)

You know guys (ALL of you...), my mom's 78 and thank gawd she doesn't have a 'puter...I've spoken MORE with everyone here than I do with her or even the rest of my family (and I'm pretty regular and THEN, I talk with them on a fairly consistent basis, but we won't go into the 'regular' stuff!)...what is it about this group that causes us to have so much fun? LOL

Whadda bunch...love you guys (and gals!)

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2005, 06:08 PM   #16

Hey Woody....I mean FatDog, here's a link to the National Organization of Bar Stool Racing in America, NO BRA.

It has pics, plans and be sure to check the "Man Stuff" link.

And what do you suppose it's like to head out across the open seas in a '49 Merc?
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:21 PM   #17

Heee..heee...heee...NO BRA....THAT's an attention getter!

We just need to find some flousies that'll ride 'em for us! Then it'll be a truly NO BRA.

I'm gonna revert to Darwin as an answer to the '49 Merc question...and hope that the outcome falls in line with the theory!

Sean
Old 06-13-2005, 06:26 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
boy, kinda had a real good comeback but decided I'd just keep my mouth shut. After my last outburst I'll just be nice. You'all have a good day. I still think the Ark looks like the whole group here.

I just couldn't help myself!

And after that..........................
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:53 PM   #19

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fatty...does iRV2 have a contest, or do we need to just invent one ourselves (we are kinda of a diff bunch than the rest, huh?!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i'm pretty sure we've delved deep into Lewis and Clark uncharted

and Wes,
great link. And that list on ManStuff, classic!
Numbers 28 and 38 had me holding my belly.

and '56,
that vehicle is nice! They must just have a treasure of old vehicles over there. Probably the NEWER ones would be along the lines of your old Nomad. What impresses me is the Cubans welded a front to their 'boat' and even painted the whole thing with sea-water-blue to help blend in. Nice attention to detail.
'56, you could use a few of those guys as assistants: "56' and the Cuban Boys RV Repair"
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:22 PM   #20

Mike:

Those coo-bans are just like our FMs- only they've got a ocean to cross! (don't cha wish?)

Hey...we are in Lewis and Clark stuff...we just gotta make it work, HUH?
Old 06-13-2005, 09:10 PM   #21

Doing more "research" on bar stool racers, led me to this site. They have bar stool kits, but what caught my attention was the Daiquiri Whacker.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:34 PM   #22

The car boat is the second time the guy who made it tried this idea. About a year ago the same guy made a truck boat, 40 something stakebed turned into a boat. He hooked a propeller to the drive shaft, started the engine and was driving the truck boat to America. He was intercepted by coast guard who took all the people on the truck onto the CG cutter, and then sunk the truck boat. I'm sure with some research one can find a link to it somewhere. The truck was vintage, a shame they sunk it.

He'll probally try it again in another year or so.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:35 PM   #23

Mike,

Thanks for the modification to my avitar. Love it!!!

Clark

Old 06-13-2005, 10:44 PM   #24

Mikey:

Good one! Clark deserves it! C'mon Clark...let's kick some ash buddy!
Old 06-22-2005, 08:37 PM   #25

Decisions.....decisions.......do I set up the barstool for road racing or try for the class speed record at Bonneville?
Old 06-22-2005, 08:40 PM   #26

You know HD...haven't had much time to say 'hey guy!' to you with all the activity here lately, but I think you're on to sumpthin here...nuttin' like a good 'ol BUMP to change the subject, ey?

BTW...how the heck are ya?!

Sean
Old 06-22-2005, 08:45 PM   #27

Speed runs on a barstool, now that's a dangerous though!!!

I remember last year on St Pattys day, our local Irish pub had a barstool that had a missing slid foot on it. We went to the same bar 3 times for people falling off that barstool. We finally took it with us and gave it back the next day. Got tired of going back for the same thing over and over...

Clark

Old 06-22-2005, 08:48 PM   #28

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Wes,
that is funny!!
Alright, so i have been looking at gokart engines for a while and thats why i got this thread started a while back, and earlier today ordered a Briggs Pro 6.5 engine with some bells and whistles.

I actually had Tom (Vette Racer) check up on who i ordered it from: TulsaEngineWarehouse,
thank you very much Tom. Just knowing they are actually there and in business gave me confidence.

I got some steering in my garage, need the engine so i can make the frame, i'm pretty confident i know where to find barstools ,
and am just foolish and bullheaded enough to think that my WW will soon house what might be the first of many "iRV2 BarStoolFools"

I will shoot snaps of the whole mess, have my plans drawn (oh yea, a barstool and an engine on a frame is hard to envision drawing plans for ehhh??? ), and will put on a clutch, brake, and steering WHEEL.

Kinda stupid and immature, anyone want to join in??
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote