Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2006, 08:34 PM   #1

Wellll....WWFan's got this out elsewhere, but I think it's important to cover all the bases, since there seems to be alot more negative banter for WW going on that what I think they deserve...maybe it'll make Bob (rebelsbeach) feel better that it's not all on HIS coach (but I don't have the ding-dang motor to comtend with! )...

Just got our SLC3905 back from the WW Upland Service Center, and we're just absolutely thrilled with the job they did. I gotta hand it to Rick (Service Writer) and Jason (Service Manager) for a job well done- Rick is the consummate detail person- during the write-up he found many additional little things that I wasn't going to bother with, and even found some more on the delivery go-through. I was extremely pleased with his genuine concern for making it right!

Well, I guess I first ought to tell you what it went in for: I hesitate, because the bashers will come outta the woodwork. But I think it's a great testament to how Weekend Warrior follows up with their customers to make sure they are well-taken care for. Following are the written-up issues, augmented with the "fix" that they did:

1. Reattach front right moisture barrier (just what they did)

2. Customer states landing gear blows fuses & motor gets hot. Clean up all wiring and fix. (Replaced entire landing gear system and re-wired fuses. This was the second issue we've had with the landing gear- first was at the factory in Perris. Found that after the first fix, they had wired in an inline fuse holder and put a 40 amp ATC fuse in it when it only was supposed to take a 20 amp one ).

3. Customer states genset keeps blowing 30 amp breaker- find cause & fix. (This is the one thing they couldn't get to duplicate- and I suspect that the reason was, that when it was happening to us at the speedway, the coach was all the way down on in the front and the heat from diminished circulation caused the error)

4. Replace CO sensor- customer states it keeps going off (replaced CO sensor- it better not now!)

5. Customer states the inline fuses at battery fused together- find & fix all of them (I didn't detail my California Speedway episode on Rv.Net which is where this happened- much longer story, but again, probably part of the ventilation issue with the genset, but the wiring was very lackadaisical from the FIRST time the landing gear motor was replaced).

6. Fix rubber flooring on ramp (replaced vinyl flooring- it was cut too short at the factory and had come undone over the last year. However, as I told them they need to glue it somehow on the ramp, this was not done according to the original build, which I suspect is something they need to re-think given the heat that can expand and shrink on the ramp)

7. Customer states filtered water fixture leaks (no leaky any more).

8. Customer states TV Cabinet is falling forward/leaning (replaced entire TV Cabinet with an 07 model- definitely a lot better)

9. Gaucho Armrests Broke- replace (replaced them).

10. Replace Gaucho Emblem- sewn crooked (replaced entire gaucho cushion)

11. Replace high Back chair-metal bending at legs (we've already had one chair replaced, and Rick had only written up one of the chairs we had- upon delivery inspection, we noticed that the other chair was starting to show the same signs of the frame bending down in front because the new chair sat higher in front, so he replaced the second chair also. This is a design flaw with these units- they use just a " piece of strip steel to support the upper framework of the rocker, and the weight starts bending the " steel down so the chair sits forward. I don't plan to have them replace anymore chairs- I am going to weld some angle iron gussets to the strip steel and even more, add some steel to the bend on the legs to keep them from astrophysically bending :B)

12. Reattach end cap on galley/bathroom door (as it says- only this time they glued it)

13. Fix countertop around stove- heat damage both sides (replaced countertop- this was one of my DW's pet peeves- I've read where someone said that the manual says not to use oversized pans, but WTH- the coach will sleep 8+ and the stove needs to be used to cook for that amount of people! A future fix would be the affix some guards to each side to eliminate the heat from burning, or to just widen the indent so it is not an issue)

14. Middle burner of stove won't light- fix (easy one....done)

15. Tighten up bottom corner screw on microwave (Rick found this- easy one again!)

16. Customer states thermo breaker on water heater keeps blowing-find & fix (this one I suspect I will be replacing again....somewhere around this WWW I've got the part numbers for this thermo fuse for everyone if they want, but I've got about 5 on hand if it should go again. BTW...the water heater works just fine without them)

17. Customer states the zerk fittings on suspension inop- do not accept grease (replaced all 24 of the shackle bolts)

18. Grey valve inop- it leaks at the handle (replaced valve)

19. Bottom entry step too tight (this was one he found and fixed for us)

The largest issue that I had was getting the 2x2 suspension riser replaced with a 2x4, because I will shortly be replacing the wheels & tires with the Eagle Alloy rims and Michelin XPS Ribs. I've seen this setup on another coach, and on a scale from 1 to 10, it's a 12! I'm already pleased with the how much better the new riser levels out the whole rig setup, and with the new tires & rims, we should be able to raise the hitch another inch or so. Even though it cost almost $800 (some was due to my onboard air compressor being in the way so they charged me a little extra), I was glad to have it done at WW because of the warranty on the chassis as well as the coach itself.

Oh...and even better...I took it in on 9/13/06, they quoted me a 10/4 delivery, and it was ready last Friday (9/29).

Just to give the complainers so fodder, I am a little concerned over their inability to call you back in a reasonable time, but with as bustling as that place is, I can certainly understand it to a certain degree. I say that, because Jason and I have yakked a few times, and he does know that I'm WWFan, and has admitted to watching the forums for complaints and suggestions- I had to commend him for doing so as so many people don't really know whether they "do or don't"- I'm here to tell ya that he is just as concerned and willing to "make it right" which is a good thing- that means he's got everyone else there on the same page.

We have to say that if anyone has a chance to take their rig to the Upland Service Center, DO IT- don't mess around with a dealer if you've got the choice. I have no doubt that the manufacturer, especially this one, is more attentive to your needs. After all, they don't care what the dealer made on your deal, they want to keep you as a customer.

Disclaimer: Given my moniker, I think it's important to state that I don't WORK for Weekend Warrior, nor know any employees other than the ones I've met in my service escapades. But as much as I, as anyone else, have a tendency to get cynical when it comes to after-the-sale service, I have to give Jason and his crew an "A" for their attention to my issues and concerns. Thank you guys!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2006, 08:34 PM   #2

Wellll....WWFan's got this out elsewhere, but I think it's important to cover all the bases, since there seems to be alot more negative banter for WW going on that what I think they deserve...maybe it'll make Bob (rebelsbeach) feel better that it's not all on HIS coach (but I don't have the ding-dang motor to comtend with! )...

Just got our SLC3905 back from the WW Upland Service Center, and we're just absolutely thrilled with the job they did. I gotta hand it to Rick (Service Writer) and Jason (Service Manager) for a job well done- Rick is the consummate detail person- during the write-up he found many additional little things that I wasn't going to bother with, and even found some more on the delivery go-through. I was extremely pleased with his genuine concern for making it right!

Well, I guess I first ought to tell you what it went in for: I hesitate, because the bashers will come outta the woodwork. But I think it's a great testament to how Weekend Warrior follows up with their customers to make sure they are well-taken care for. Following are the written-up issues, augmented with the "fix" that they did:

1. Reattach front right moisture barrier (just what they did)

2. Customer states landing gear blows fuses & motor gets hot. Clean up all wiring and fix. (Replaced entire landing gear system and re-wired fuses. This was the second issue we've had with the landing gear- first was at the factory in Perris. Found that after the first fix, they had wired in an inline fuse holder and put a 40 amp ATC fuse in it when it only was supposed to take a 20 amp one ).

3. Customer states genset keeps blowing 30 amp breaker- find cause & fix. (This is the one thing they couldn't get to duplicate- and I suspect that the reason was, that when it was happening to us at the speedway, the coach was all the way down on in the front and the heat from diminished circulation caused the error)

4. Replace CO sensor- customer states it keeps going off (replaced CO sensor- it better not now!)

5. Customer states the inline fuses at battery fused together- find & fix all of them (I didn't detail my California Speedway episode on Rv.Net which is where this happened- much longer story, but again, probably part of the ventilation issue with the genset, but the wiring was very lackadaisical from the FIRST time the landing gear motor was replaced).

6. Fix rubber flooring on ramp (replaced vinyl flooring- it was cut too short at the factory and had come undone over the last year. However, as I told them they need to glue it somehow on the ramp, this was not done according to the original build, which I suspect is something they need to re-think given the heat that can expand and shrink on the ramp)

7. Customer states filtered water fixture leaks (no leaky any more).

8. Customer states TV Cabinet is falling forward/leaning (replaced entire TV Cabinet with an 07 model- definitely a lot better)

9. Gaucho Armrests Broke- replace (replaced them).

10. Replace Gaucho Emblem- sewn crooked (replaced entire gaucho cushion)

11. Replace high Back chair-metal bending at legs (we've already had one chair replaced, and Rick had only written up one of the chairs we had- upon delivery inspection, we noticed that the other chair was starting to show the same signs of the frame bending down in front because the new chair sat higher in front, so he replaced the second chair also. This is a design flaw with these units- they use just a " piece of strip steel to support the upper framework of the rocker, and the weight starts bending the " steel down so the chair sits forward. I don't plan to have them replace anymore chairs- I am going to weld some angle iron gussets to the strip steel and even more, add some steel to the bend on the legs to keep them from astrophysically bending :B)

12. Reattach end cap on galley/bathroom door (as it says- only this time they glued it)

13. Fix countertop around stove- heat damage both sides (replaced countertop- this was one of my DW's pet peeves- I've read where someone said that the manual says not to use oversized pans, but WTH- the coach will sleep 8+ and the stove needs to be used to cook for that amount of people! A future fix would be the affix some guards to each side to eliminate the heat from burning, or to just widen the indent so it is not an issue)

14. Middle burner of stove won't light- fix (easy one....done)

15. Tighten up bottom corner screw on microwave (Rick found this- easy one again!)

16. Customer states thermo breaker on water heater keeps blowing-find & fix (this one I suspect I will be replacing again....somewhere around this WWW I've got the part numbers for this thermo fuse for everyone if they want, but I've got about 5 on hand if it should go again. BTW...the water heater works just fine without them)

17. Customer states the zerk fittings on suspension inop- do not accept grease (replaced all 24 of the shackle bolts)

18. Grey valve inop- it leaks at the handle (replaced valve)

19. Bottom entry step too tight (this was one he found and fixed for us)

The largest issue that I had was getting the 2x2 suspension riser replaced with a 2x4, because I will shortly be replacing the wheels & tires with the Eagle Alloy rims and Michelin XPS Ribs. I've seen this setup on another coach, and on a scale from 1 to 10, it's a 12! I'm already pleased with the how much better the new riser levels out the whole rig setup, and with the new tires & rims, we should be able to raise the hitch another inch or so. Even though it cost almost $800 (some was due to my onboard air compressor being in the way so they charged me a little extra), I was glad to have it done at WW because of the warranty on the chassis as well as the coach itself.

Oh...and even better...I took it in on 9/13/06, they quoted me a 10/4 delivery, and it was ready last Friday (9/29).

Just to give the complainers so fodder, I am a little concerned over their inability to call you back in a reasonable time, but with as bustling as that place is, I can certainly understand it to a certain degree. I say that, because Jason and I have yakked a few times, and he does know that I'm WWFan, and has admitted to watching the forums for complaints and suggestions- I had to commend him for doing so as so many people don't really know whether they "do or don't"- I'm here to tell ya that he is just as concerned and willing to "make it right" which is a good thing- that means he's got everyone else there on the same page.

We have to say that if anyone has a chance to take their rig to the Upland Service Center, DO IT- don't mess around with a dealer if you've got the choice. I have no doubt that the manufacturer, especially this one, is more attentive to your needs. After all, they don't care what the dealer made on your deal, they want to keep you as a customer.

Disclaimer: Given my moniker, I think it's important to state that I don't WORK for Weekend Warrior, nor know any employees other than the ones I've met in my service escapades. But as much as I, as anyone else, have a tendency to get cynical when it comes to after-the-sale service, I have to give Jason and his crew an "A" for their attention to my issues and concerns. Thank you guys!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:21 PM   #3

Well it's about time you posted over here....

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote