Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:22 PM   #15

Sean,
you mean to tell me that you can not sit in the privacy of your own rig, and enjoy a flaming moe ?? what do they do, a strip search of the rig to check for booze before you enter ? that just aint right

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #16

S~
I can't make any promises and of course I do not promote breaking the rules, but I think that if the booze is kept quiet they don't take much issue with it. Sorry...I forgot to mention that little piece of the info (not doing much drinking these days ). Black Star was all booked up huh? Man, I was hoping you could give us a review of that place. Maybe next time.

XOXOXO,
Deb

Old 07-25-2006, 10:56 AM   #17

there is a good RV park on the beach in Huntington beach, right up the 1 from the 55.....gives you easy access to the 5

we stayed there last new years.

nice place..it right on the 1

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500hd
learnem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:07 PM   #18

learnem:

Thanks for the tip, but I tried just about every single RV park down that direction, and none have any vacancies (even that Newport Dunes...yes...I was even tempted to try to get a Toyhauler in that Taj Mahal ). If there was a few acres available in that area, it would be prime pickens for another RV Park...and a profitable one at that!

Thanks again!

Sean
Old 07-25-2006, 09:07 PM   #19

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WWFan:
Well...this wasn't as simple as I thought it was going to be...finally got a spot at Orangeland RV Park in Orange- everything else was fully booked up. Maybe I'm in the wrong business, ey? Or got the wrong sized trailer....it's a booger of a time getting a spot big enough for a 40 footer.

Sean....I think they even book the Wal-marts down in those neck of the woods, your right about the land and an rv park but with those property values it would prolly cost 3 figures plus a night.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:38 PM   #20

I know of a "nice" industrial park in fountain valley.......................

BTW...thatplace is called huntington by the sea, and the # is (714) 536-3826

I would have called, but didn't know the dates you were looking for

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500hd
learnem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:34 PM   #21

S-
Have you ever stayed at Newport Dunes? We have taken the WW a few times and it is quite amusing that we are usually the ghetto rig in the park. We stay on the waterfront right alongside the sweet, posh Marathons and the such. I have to say, in my humble opinion, the place is nice, but way expensive for what you get - especially during the peak season (right now). I don't think it's near what the Travel Channel makes it out to be. We go every year around Sammie's birthday (the end of Sept.) - we like it 'cause its so close for us, but that is about it.

XOXOXO,
Deb
Old 07-28-2006, 06:40 AM   #22

Deb:

No we haven't, but I've looked at it online recently (because of the Swim Meet...was getting desparate!)...it looks nice, but I'm with ya on that high falut'n neighborhood stuff. Do the prices come down a bit after the season's over? They were pretty darn steep!

And learnem....that's one that I called- know exactly where it is, but she was all full. I tell ya, I don't think there's one square foot of space available within 5 miles of the beach ANYWHERE right now! Thanks for the follow-up, though!!

Sean
Old 07-28-2006, 08:17 AM   #23

Hey S~
I am not sure what peak season prices are (I know they are crazy high), but off season for 2 nights on the water are going to run us $180 (that is with Good Sam discount). I think off season starts after Labor Day. The farther back you go from the water, the cheaper the site. We always stay on the water 'cause we like to lower the ramp and take advantage of the view the toyhauler has to offer. I am pretty sure if you try to book around a holiday they set some kind of a minimum nights stay requirement (which can seriously run up your rate tab). Like I said, we like it because it is about 20 minutes away from us and easy to get to, but if it wasn't for that I am not sure we would go every year. The water in the Back Bay is kind-of gross, so it's not like I am doing much swimming. Kids don't seem to mind the murky, green water the Back Bay has to offer, but I have yet to let little Sammie take a dive . I am sure as she gets older I will eventually loose that battle.

XOXOXO,
Deb
Old 08-07-2006, 06:34 PM   #24

Well...I'm happy to report we made it thru the swim meet..Brian "finaled" every night and came home with 5 medals!

I wasn't that impressed with Orangeland, but then again- we're boondockers and being 6 feet from another rig is a little disconcerting. We decided since Finals were going to run almost to 9pm Sat night that we'd stay that night, but Orangeland was booked up. Soooo....Saturday I made it up to O'Neil Park and luckily they had a spot for us to park that night. So I booked back up to Anaheim, hooked up the rig just before check-out, then found a Park 'N Ride in MV about a mile away from the pool to park for the day. Fortunately no one bothered us (MV won't let you park ANYWHERE in that town!). Made it up to O'Neil about 8pm. That's a neat little park. We broke the booze rule, though...had to- it was my B-Day and there was no way I wasn't gonna have a toddie before going to bed! And talk about being a little nervous with the road to it- I had nighmares that night of ripping my Kingdome off the coach.

So...all in all, great trip...first thing I'm gonna do is find out when next years' JO Meet is and book a spot immediately!

Thanks everyone for all the ideas...it helped alot!

Sean