Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-24-2006, 09:00 AM   #1

Hi All:

In another month, Brian's going to be in the Junior Olympic Swim Meet in Mission Viejo. It's a 4-day meet. This weekend he's been at the AA Swim Meet in Irvine, and instead of the $100-$120 hotel room thing (commuting is just outta the question), I dragged the TH to Anaheim RV Park for us to stay in this weekend (first time full-hookup for the SLC- kinda nice). It sure is nice having your own place where you can take all your own stuff, watch your own TV, and sleep in a bed that you've slept in many times.

Of course, we've got the 40 footer (57 1/2 feet total length with TV ), and there aren't too many places that have that kinda room. But if there's somewhere around MV that you know of that will accomodate one, please let me know! We're willing to just get close- maybe 10-15 miles away. We've already taken a look at Irvine Lake- they want the $15 rent per day, PLUS $20/person/day for a fishing permit for a boondocking site. Prolly not too bad if we were gonna fish..

Thanks in advance!

Sean

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2006, 09:00 AM   #2

Hi All:

In another month, Brian's going to be in the Junior Olympic Swim Meet in Mission Viejo. It's a 4-day meet. This weekend he's been at the AA Swim Meet in Irvine, and instead of the $100-$120 hotel room thing (commuting is just outta the question), I dragged the TH to Anaheim RV Park for us to stay in this weekend (first time full-hookup for the SLC- kinda nice). It sure is nice having your own place where you can take all your own stuff, watch your own TV, and sleep in a bed that you've slept in many times.

Of course, we've got the 40 footer (57 1/2 feet total length with TV ), and there aren't too many places that have that kinda room. But if there's somewhere around MV that you know of that will accomodate one, please let me know! We're willing to just get close- maybe 10-15 miles away. We've already taken a look at Irvine Lake- they want the $15 rent per day, PLUS $20/person/day for a fishing permit for a boondocking site. Prolly not too bad if we were gonna fish..

Thanks in advance!

Sean

Old 06-24-2006, 08:50 PM   #3

WWFan,
Have you considered Doheny Beach, located between Capistrano Beach and Dana Point? It appears to be approx 8 miles south of Saddleback College on just off I-5. Last year's rates: $12 to $31. doheny@fia.net, (949)496-6172.

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:31 PM   #4

Sean, you might want to try the Pondorosa. Its on the far south / east side of Anahiem.Not a bad drive to mv from theretry this
Old 06-25-2006, 08:19 PM   #5

Hey KH:

Thanks for the link...but after commuting from the Anaheim RV Park, I think we want to get a bit further down south...

OH...and BTW...we found out that Saturday Night at that park is a bit un-settling...seems as though someone forgot to inform us that we'd be waking up around 1/4 past midnight thinking we were in a war zone...THANKS to WALT'S FIREWORKS SHOW. Here we were, after a 12 hour day at the pool, nice and snuggled in our bed- almost FULL asleep, and lo and behold the mortars went off like screaming banshees. Nice show, but only if you're tuned into it happening- being 1/2 mile from the park and not expecting it, it was quite the eye-opener. It took me another hour to get back to sleep to get up at the un-godly hour (on a sunday morning) of 6:00am.

Thanks there, Walt...I'm sure you've made the neighbors restless.

Note To Self: The farther away from Did-ney-Land, the better.

Any other clues? KH: HOW big's YOUR driveway?!
Old 06-26-2006, 02:17 AM   #6

Sean, Glad you injoyed the bombs bursting in air! Now we have somthing to talk about when I return home. 72 days left my friend. Take care!

Donno

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:33 AM   #7

I had to stop at the le 3305......biggest i could park in the driveway. i get fireworks from both disney and papa knotts......after a while you don't even hear them..good luck finding a place to set up.
Dogg
Old 06-26-2006, 06:35 PM   #8

KH:

Awww...OK...so your driveway's outta the question.

Hey Donno! Now 71! Geesh...I useta live in Long Beach...I thought I got used to the small arms noise, but dem big booms really have a way of knocking the 'ol ZZZ's a little cattywompus. I guess one could get used to them, and if so, a 8.0 earthquake isn't gonna get 'em outta bed so they can run for cover...oh well.

We've got a line from one of the other Channel's members...Black Star RV Park just off Santiago Road in Silverado (up in the Cleveland Nat'l Forest north of MV)...still got to check into it, but it may be worthwhile- anybody been there?

Sean
Old 06-28-2006, 06:30 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Heuvelhorst:
WWFan,
Have you considered Doheny Beach, located between Capistrano Beach and Dana Point? It appears to be approx 8 miles south of Saddleback College on just off I-5. Last year's rates: $12 to $31. doheny@fia.net, (949)496-6172. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WWFan,
I think Doheny Beach is the best there is around here. I've snooped around couldn't find anything that would fit ya. I wanted to set up somewhere near home and nota...
Give me a buzz when you do get in. 949-678-3093

2006 Ford King Ranch F350DW 4X4 w/Towpac 6.0
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:38 AM   #10

Sean, try O'neill Park in Trabuco Canyon. They only have water hook ups, so youll have to run the genset for power, but they have a dump station and 90 feet pull through sites, when available. I think you get satelite reseption also. As well, its only 10 minutes from MV. Check it out on the map. And its cheap, like $20 bucks a night.

WW LE3505
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:27 PM   #11

Hey Sean~
Long time no talk. This info might be a little late, but I thought I would throw it out there just in case you haven't settled on anything yet. O'Neill Park/Arroyo Campground (the one Rod mentioned) would work. We were just there this last weekend. Prices are $14 per night plus a $12 reservation fee...pretty cheap. Be sure to get a pull through 'cause it can get a little cramped getting in and out (but there is usually plenty of space between sites). Reservations are usually not a problem, even last minute. If you go online to www.ocparks.com you can check out a campground map and sites available w/ specifications for your rig. There is also another campground near Mission Viejo that is on that web site. I think it is called something like Caspers Wilderness Park, but I am not sure. We talked about trying it out a while back, but we never have. Let me know what you guys end up doing - we are always looking for sites close by (MV is not too far from us & Irvine is right in our backyard - wish we would have known you were in our neck of the woods) for quick get-aways. Hope all is well with you & your fam.

XOXOXO,
Deb
Old 07-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #12

S~
One more thing I thought I would throw in...pets are allowed at O'Neill, but not at Caspers Wilderness Park - just in case you planned on taking your pups. Also, Caspers doesn't seem to have any pull through sites (just by looking on the web site map). Hope this helps.

XOXOXO,
Deb
Old 07-10-2006, 08:49 PM   #13

FabDeb! Geesa-louisaaa...dang woman...it HAS been a while! Hope everything's going good for you- you gotta be gettin' ready to pop that kiddo out, aren't cha?!

Glad you piped up here...I need to get this little fiasco finalized...there's another spot I got alead on...Black Star RV Park...that may have some hookups- it would be the better way to go if we could- usually with these swim meets, we don't wind up getting back to the coach until 10-11pm, and I'm sure the other inmates wouldn't like us firing up the genny at that time.

Gosh...I'm hoping you kids will be able to make "Donno's Welcome Back" party sometime in, what I forsee, September- it'll be our 2nd Annual Get-Together and we're looking forward to seeing all those purported "chain-saw" peeps we met last year (did you get yours sharpened? ).

You take care...plenty of fluids and rest...it would be "FABULOUS" if you could bring your new "Melon" to the party...we promise to make it easy for ya!

Sean
Old 07-18-2006, 09:38 AM   #14

Well...this wasn't as simple as I thought it was going to be...finally got a spot at Orangeland RV Park in Orange- everything else was fully booked up. Maybe I'm in the wrong business, ey? Or got the wrong sized trailer....it's a booger of a time getting a spot big enough for a 40 footer.

Rod & Deb: Had to ixnay O'Neil....NO BOOZE ALLOWED! WTH?!?!?! Geesh...after watching swimming all day I need a highball to relax with. Oh well...

Thanks everyone for the help!

Sean