Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #1

Any thoughts on the weekend warrior 4005 full throttle?

We are looking at a 2009 Weekend Warrior Full Throttle 4005 CHK. Any concerns with this company, bad or good. I know they are out of business which makes me concerned but hey it's used and no warranty anyhow. We (wife and I) have been camping for over 30 years and 5th wheel camping for the past 13 years. We are not full timers but work 4 tens and campground host the other three days at a USACE site.

Any how would love to hear good or bad about the Weekend Warrior toyhauler.

Thanks,
Ron & Jan
pwr2tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr2tow View Post
We are looking at a 2009 Weekend Warrior Full Throttle 4005 CHK. Any concerns with this company, bad or good. I know they are out of business which makes me concerned but hey it's used and no warranty anyhow. We (wife and I) have been camping for over 30 years and 5th wheel camping for the past 13 years. We are not full timers but work 4 tens and campground host the other three days at a USACE site.

Any how would love to hear good or bad about the Weekend Warrior toyhauler.

Thanks,
Ron & Jan
I have worked on my sons Weekend Warrior which he bought new, to correct factory defects. I have listed a few of the repairs that I have done and problems I have seen firsthand

Roof joists rotted out due to the EPDM roof cover being improperly installed letting rainwater in and causing dry rot.

Water tank improperly installed causing the tank to crack at one of its support.

The suspension grease fittings wouldn't take any grease. I found they had never been greased from the factory and had to be drilled to get them to take gease.

The rear bunk motor failed and and to be repaired.

This is just a small sampleing of the work I have done. There must have been a reason they went out of business.

I hope you have better luck than he had if you go with Weekend Warrior.

If you want to talk to me on the phone about any of this you can call me at 818 760 5275 California Time
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #3

Hi chuck, thanks for the reply. we have been thinking about a toyhauler for a long time and this was reasonably priced, maybe there's a reason why it's reasonably priced.

Thanks,
Ron & Jan
pwr2tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #4

We have owned 3 Weekend Warrior toy haulers (2 bumper pulls & 1 5th wheel). Although I have seen many folks complain about things going wrong, we have never experienced any major defects on any WW trailer.

My only complaints about WW are that they....embellished the truth on their "shipped" trailer weight and that they almost exclusively shipped their trailer with 15" wheels and Carlisle tires, which blow out frequently.

Our last WW was an SLC3905. Per the shipping sticker affixed to the sink cabinet, its TOTAL weight was 8,000 lbs. (6900 # axle & 1100 pin). This was laughable...that trailer was just shy of 12,000 lbs.

If you're looking at a CL4005 40' Warrior, I wouldn't consider towing this with anything less than a duallie with 4.30 gears. Although I haven't weighed one of those, it's roof is at least a foot higher than mine was, plus it has two slides..and mine had none.

Good luck!
Sixgunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:51 PM   #5

2008 weekend warrior 4005flt

My husband and I have a 2008 Weekend Warrior 4005 flt and we love it! It has enough room for our 2 girls and their husband/friends to join us. wonderful high ceilings as my husband and son in law are over 6ft tall! We have never had any problems with it at all. It has been perfect for our family. We are however putting it up for sale due to a Beach house in the family being available to us at all times now and don't see the need in having both. That being said.....we personally haven't had any trouble with ours, we have enjoyed it very much!
PENNY126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:17 AM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
You are correct in that the original Weekend Warrior Co. did go out of business. The name has been resurrected and the new Weekend Warrior's are very nice and seem to be a great product.
Have a look.
http://www.weekendwarriortoyhauler.com/
soundman7 is offline   Reply With Quote