Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:59 PM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
I remember my grandfather used to say the same about power windows and locks in cars. There is truth to it. More systems, more chance one fails...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2015, 09:56 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Mike, I'd take electric over nothing any day of the week. Yes, you could use blocks to level your rig. People have been doing it for years including myself. However, it's a real pain and the wife and I have had more arguments over leveling than any other camping related stresser. As to how often you need to level, it's every time. However, the benefit is beyond leveling. It's also stabilizing. Tires and suspension allow the trailer to shake, rock, and roll as you move around in it. Having six points of contact is so much more stable than two. I actually had XLR add an electric stabilizer in the very rear even though I have the 6 point Level Up system. 8 points of contact makes the rig rock solid!

All this said, if you love the Jayco, don't let the electric scare you off and if you really found it to be sub par in the future, you could add the Big Foot six point hydraulic setup later.

Thanks for all the responses! I've been traveling for work and haven't been around.

I'm not too worried about the electric over hydraulic. Would I prefer hydraulic absolutely, will it be a deal killer, not so much. It seems like there are a lot of other bigger quality issues to worry about with THs.

Plans to purchase just got a huge delay, found out my position is probably going to be cut in Nov. I guess in the world of shareholder value, being the only person in a specific role isn't a good thing. This is the first time in 10 years that I've had to worry about a reduction. I'm pretty sure I can find something somewhere in the company by Dec, but you never know. So all major purchases are on hold, and cost cutting strategies are being put in place...

Old 09-27-2015, 10:08 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane View Post
Thanks for all the responses! I've been traveling for work and haven't been around.

I'm not too worried about the electric over hydraulic. Would I prefer hydraulic absolutely, will it be a deal killer, not so much. It seems like there are a lot of other bigger quality issues to worry about with THs.

Plans to purchase just got a huge delay, found out my position is probably going to be cut in Nov. I guess in the world of shareholder value, being the only person in a specific role isn't a good thing. This is the first time in 10 years that I've had to worry about a reduction. I'm pretty sure I can find something somewhere in the company by Dec, but you never know. So all major purchases are on hold, and cost cutting strategies are being put in place...

Best of luck and hope everything goes well. I've been in the airline industry for 23 years and it's either really good or really bad, mostly bad, though I've been extremely fortunate. Several large pay cuts but managed to keep my job.

C130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago