Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2005, 10:57 AM   #1

[RANT]
We purchased a toy hauler after a long and arduous decision making process.. That process involved thinking about what we would do with the kids and where we would go. We almost bought a Cedar Creek fiver (bunkhouse model) but ended up with a TH because it offered us more flexibility. We knew that during the of season, we would be traveling to other destinations that did not require a Toy Hauler per se. That is why the TH made so much sense in our eyes.. One weekend we could be boondocking @ Dumont and the next we could be hooked up at Flying Flags in Buellton (as an example).
While looking at places to stay during the summer I found this place Outdoor-Rancho then I noticed at the bottom of the page "Effective June 1, 2005, Toy Haulers are not permitted." What?? Now, there are plenty of other places mind you so if these snobs want to ban TH'ers fine.. But, what could possibly be the rationale behind such a decision? Look at all of our trailers. Brand spanking new and **** good looking too! When you look at the photos they offer you see a pool with Mom's and Dad's and little kids.. Well, if that's the image they want to portray, then I think they "should" be courting people just like me/us shouldn't they? I mean when you look at 56Nomads post on owners of new TH's (just the WW's anyway) the list is staggering and the class as a whole must be just blowing up.. I just hope this is not a trend and we become excluded (for reasons that still baffle me) from other places...
[\RANT]

06 WW LE3305
TH_NOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2005, 10:57 AM   #2

[RANT]
We purchased a toy hauler after a long and arduous decision making process.. That process involved thinking about what we would do with the kids and where we would go. We almost bought a Cedar Creek fiver (bunkhouse model) but ended up with a TH because it offered us more flexibility. We knew that during the of season, we would be traveling to other destinations that did not require a Toy Hauler per se. That is why the TH made so much sense in our eyes.. One weekend we could be boondocking @ Dumont and the next we could be hooked up at Flying Flags in Buellton (as an example).
While looking at places to stay during the summer I found this place Outdoor-Rancho then I noticed at the bottom of the page "Effective June 1, 2005, Toy Haulers are not permitted." What?? Now, there are plenty of other places mind you so if these snobs want to ban TH'ers fine.. But, what could possibly be the rationale behind such a decision? Look at all of our trailers. Brand spanking new and **** good looking too! When you look at the photos they offer you see a pool with Mom's and Dad's and little kids.. Well, if that's the image they want to portray, then I think they "should" be courting people just like me/us shouldn't they? I mean when you look at 56Nomads post on owners of new TH's (just the WW's anyway) the list is staggering and the class as a whole must be just blowing up.. I just hope this is not a trend and we become excluded (for reasons that still baffle me) from other places...
[\RANT]

06 WW LE3305
TH_NOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:41 AM   #3

I think you have to look no further then "Class A snobbery". After all.........the Prevost country club set can't be expected to mingle with the working class that might have a smelly, noisy Harley.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:49 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Bob
please feel free to put [RANT] back on,..
..I had to read through that link a couple times to let it fully sink in. man alive!!
I guess like Wes said, that place seems to be very restrictive at all their parks, and is not shy about talking about it.
Wow! Thats my first exposure to that blatant attitude in an RV park.

I have always been aggressively in favor of a business running themselves without outside influence, but that place is a real stumper.

Alright, ....so Class-A's are an awesome trailer. No doubt about that. We agree.
And with any prejudice and/or hurt feelings aside, do us ToyHaulers sometimes really cause more aggravation then we are worth??
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:56 AM   #5

Yeah \Bob...go ahead and \rant away!!!

I've seen this before, and it seems to be a growing trend in some areas. Oh well...if they're gonna be that way, screw 'em, right? Maybe we can start up our OWN TH parks!

...and US cause aggrevation? Mikey...we're just as mello as yellow jello!

Hopefully the BLM won't take us on in that fashion- boy...if they did, THAT would be quite the skirmish, huh?

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:59 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
I just looked through their website, and they can count my buisiness out. I would much prefer to camp next to you in your TH then the elitest who feel they are above the rest of us.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:03 PM   #7

Rick A., we're sending you an invite to our next meet.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:04 PM   #8

WOW that is something. They are close to me! Might be time to go visit them and see just what caused that prejudice.

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:05 PM   #9

Yes Rick:

Anyone who will boycott a snobbish place like that is welcome in our camp! Anytime!

Sean
Old 07-26-2005, 12:07 PM   #10

Oh I forgot the best part... The 6.6 turbo diesal posi-track lawn job on the way out...

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:10 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grizwald2:
Oh I forgot the best part... The 6.6 turbo diesal posi-track lawn job on the way out...

Griz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spoken like a true TH guy there Don!! Go git 'em!!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:59 PM   #12

I looked through all of their resorts and there were quite a few that I couldn't even take my Alfa to. Even a high end trailer isn't good enough for some of them? Are we all just trailer trash in their eyes?

This is a place I will never give my business to. There are plenty of other parks or open areas that we can go to that are just as nice or nicer than these resorts. How ofter do you see the Prevost owner camped out in a boondock campground in an area as beautiful Mammoth or the Sierra's or the desert sand? The only time they see the beautiful sites we camp in is when they look at them in magazines while sitting on their fake grass.

I do like going to RV campgrounds or resorts as they call them, but only the ones that allow all kinds of RV's. I won't go to some place that won't allow my TH buddies to join me. I'd rather go hang out somewhere we can crank up the tunes and have a good time.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 04:56 PM   #13

We all find this practice elitist,...I guess they can stew with their own..
but is it wrong? Probably not for some people.
I wonder though, how soon before the Diesel-pushers there will turn on the 454 gang?? Or if the 40's cut off the 33's as they drive down the shaded rows. Oh well
Old 07-26-2005, 06:49 PM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
There will always be elitists and they will always live in their own world. Thats ok really, I just don't nor never have wanted to be any part of it. As far as the camp grounds.. the propriators make a choice as to the clientel they are after I choose not to patronize them. It's their choice- it's my choice. Just the other day in Freddys parking lot I see a Caddy Esclade all duded up plus a humongous Brush grill. Yeah right he's going to take his Caddy off road. Go figure!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote