Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
Backup camera system

Has anyone installed a wireless system on their 5th wheel and what brand/model do you recommend?

Thanks in advance

Jim Johnson
Gig Harbor, Wa
jaru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
Installed Backup Camera System | Rear View Backup Camera | RearViewSafety.com had it for 2 years now. Works ok, do not have anything to compare it to.

2015 F350 Lariat Diesel Dually, White, Hitch Kit.
2013 Dutchman Voltage 3200 Epic II 5th wheel.
BCooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
I put a $50/60 dollar wireless unit that attaches to the license plate frame to our toyhauler.
I extended the wires, not hard, and mounted the sender unit between the propane bottles under the
white plastic cover also that was near the house batteries for power and
I put in a switch too.
It was raised up high enough to give a good signal to the receiver/screen mounted on the dash of the truck.
Admittedly it was a bit ghetto compared to the high dollar stuff but did what I wanted,
and for a price that I could afford.
quadnkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
Recently installed the Jensen Voyager Wireless System. Works OK, doesn't like cold weather. Outside temps we in the low to mid 30s when we headed South and had more times with No-Signal than we did with Signal. Once we reached warmer climate it worked reasonablely well. When you have signal, the picture quality is excellent, mic and speaker are on the tinney side, but to be expected of a small condenser mic and speaker. We have a 35 Ft 5er and Extended Cab Chevy Dually and I think if you had a longer Rig, you would have problem with communications between the Camera and Monitor. Camera antenna is attached to the camera, but I have the remote antenna and may try installing that farther forward on the Rig and see if that helps improve the communications. It is a nice system when working, but may be on the pricey side, I think it is currently on Sale, but still 700 bucks.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LT Ext Cab 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, GY 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:54 PM   #5
With mhs4771's comment I should clarify my post, the transmitter and camera are separate items and where I lengthened the wires and the transmitter is what was mounted at the propane tanks fairly close to the monitor.
quadnkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
Our. Voltage 3200 came with the voyager system, it works great when the truck and trailer are motionless, but when moving it constantly loses signal. Working with voyager customer support to hopefully solve the problem.

Randot is offline   Reply With Quote