Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:14 AM   #1

OK. I know this isn't exactly a camping trip, but....feel free to bring your trailer. Believe me, I have room. We are located in Lancaster, CA.

Anyhow, we decided to have a BBQ/party/whatever at our house and we'd like to invite you all. I haven't worked out all the details yet, so feel free to impart any ideas. Early arrival and late departure are no problem. I would like to get volunteers for bartender (I have a fairly well stocked bar, let me know if you have specific needs), and a DJ. Kids are welcome. We can set up an area for games, volleyball, etc.

As usual, I'll set up a website with all the information and directions and you can RSVP there.

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2005, 08:14 AM   #2

OK. I know this isn't exactly a camping trip, but....feel free to bring your trailer. Believe me, I have room. We are located in Lancaster, CA.

Anyhow, we decided to have a BBQ/party/whatever at our house and we'd like to invite you all. I haven't worked out all the details yet, so feel free to impart any ideas. Early arrival and late departure are no problem. I would like to get volunteers for bartender (I have a fairly well stocked bar, let me know if you have specific needs), and a DJ. Kids are welcome. We can set up an area for games, volleyball, etc.

As usual, I'll set up a website with all the information and directions and you can RSVP there.

2007 Rally site
Old 08-02-2005, 08:26 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Boy Dirk, that sounds like a party not to be missed.
Rats, it would have to be the same weekend as our Oklahoma Boomer's fall campout. Guess I'll have to miss it.

The rest of you had better go, I'll volunteer Sean as DJ.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:35 AM   #4

Diirk,

I just got off the phone with Sandy Feet. It's a perfect time for
both our families to head south. Thanks for the invite!
Old 08-02-2005, 05:33 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diirk:
...feel free to bring your trailer. Believe me, I have room. We are located in Lancaster, CA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eric, do you happen to live in a WalMart?

You can sign up me and the King.
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:36 PM   #6

Well Eric:

Far be it from us to miss out on a "camping trip" like that! The only thing that may get in the way is that it's our company's inventory weekend, but I've been safe the last couple of years.

Now...about that DJ thing...would you want someone to actually DJ the party, or someone who could maintain a music level, maybe throw in some 'yack' here and there with a wireless headset, and enjoy the party? I'm technically retired, but at times can't resist firing the 'ol system up from time to time. If I could get the TH anywhere close to where you want the music, and the aforementioned (second option) is not a problem, I'd be happy to jam some tunes for for ya. Heck...I could probably bring some the lighting out for the night action.

I'll check with the bosses when they get back the end of this week and see if there's any plans for me traveling that weekdn, but like I say, I've been able to stay out of that racket for some time now.

Let me know what you think...

Sean
Old 08-02-2005, 05:56 PM   #7

Let us know what to bring........
Old 08-02-2005, 06:19 PM   #8

Eric,

I'm scheduled to work that day but there is no way I could let all of you party 15 miles from my house. I/we will be there barring any problems...

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 06:30 PM   #9

Eric how nice of you to invite the www. Sounds like I need to be there, Like sandyfeet said...Do you live at a Wal-Mart?...Really what do you have?...some acreage. Glad I will get to meet you at Pismo. We will talk about this over some adult beverage. If we had internet when we were kids we'd be some party crashing fools!

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 08:41 PM   #10

Wal-mart, I don't think we're quite that big. Maybe closer to an Albertsons. We're on a little over 2 acres, so there should be plenty of room.

Sean, it'd be great if you could maintain music level and yack from time to time. Not really looking for a full time DJ. I have a friend that may be along that would be happy to assist though. We can easily situate you across the back yard facing the house to provide a nice level of sound. Maybe a little closer to the garage so we can provide electricity. Lighting would be cool too. I have another friend and I'll see if his band wants to play too.

Griz, looking forward to meeting you at Pismo, we can discuss the party prep and other ideas.

2007 Rally site
Old 08-02-2005, 08:57 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diirk:
Wal-mart, I don't think we're quite that big. Maybe closer to an Albertsons. We're on a little over 2 acres, so there should be plenty of room.

Sean, it'd be great if you could maintain music level and yack from time to time. Not really looking for a full time DJ. I have a friend that may be along that would be happy to assist though. We can easily situate you across the back yard facing the house to provide a nice level of sound. Maybe a little closer to the garage so we can provide electricity. Lighting would be cool too. I have another friend and I'll see if his band wants to play too.

Griz, looking forward to meeting you at Pismo, we can discuss the party prep and other ideas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eric:

That would work out fine for me if it does you. And no doubt- I can bring the lighting- it's built in on top of my 'regular' speakers. That full-time thing is a 'thing' of the past...I've learned its much more fun to be a participant of the party than a worker. FWIW...I've got just about anything that will go with anybody...I'd love to contribute. Sounds like quite the bash?! (dare I ask about the neighbor situation, or are you gonna invite them too?).

Sean
Old 08-03-2005, 06:10 AM   #12

Sounds great Sean, I really appreciate the help. I know exactly what you mean about spending all your time working vs participating, which is one reason why I appreciate the help. I want to have some fun too.

I will be inviting the neighbors, although they're not all that close, sound tends to carry out here.

2007 Rally site
Old 08-03-2005, 06:17 AM   #13

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Eric
sounds great man. I am carefree and home-on-wheels that weekend it looks like.!
Thats a great idea.
SouthEast contingency is ready to roll !!
Mike and Cordie
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 07:27 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I will be inviting the neighbors, although they're not all that close, sound tends to carry out here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eric:

Good ploy...it's really hard to muster a complaint when "u r 1"!

Well- hope to know a little more by Friday...I'll let cha know! Thanks again- I think it'll be one heck of a bash! (Have you heard from BB, Jamman, and Phatty?).

Sean