Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2005, 08:23 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Hello all ...

First off ... I didn't mean to highjack twinbubba's threads ... but it seemed to have worked out that way ... hope he comes back from O.R. land!

So, I'll start one here with my first trailer mod that just had to be done before the stuff from the other RV could be unloaded. The shelves! Or the lack thereof! ... big tall boxes and mostly short things to put in them ... got some of them wire standing shelf thingies ... they s_ck IMO ... so I pulled some wood from a pile and started cutting and after a several creative thinking drinks per session over the course of a couple of nights; here's the result ... more usable space.

For the front overhead that has the roof curve in the upper section a simple easy to remove shelf (2 screws):

For the side cabinet ... a half & half shelf that still leaves room for the tall things on one side like chips & cereal etc...

Each of these shelves has a small lip with the oak fascia strip to keep things from bobbling against the door and falling out when opened. This last pic is what things looked like after 300mi trip back home. Worked pretty good I'd say.

Ok... Now the tables will just have to go! Just as did the carpet! We WILL get a different table solution and pull the 4 tube holders out of the floor.

Enough for now ... just thought I'd share these notes with this web crew!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2005, 08:23 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Hello all ...

First off ... I didn't mean to highjack twinbubba's threads ... but it seemed to have worked out that way ... hope he comes back from O.R. land!

So, I'll start one here with my first trailer mod that just had to be done before the stuff from the other RV could be unloaded. The shelves! Or the lack thereof! ... big tall boxes and mostly short things to put in them ... got some of them wire standing shelf thingies ... they s_ck IMO ... so I pulled some wood from a pile and started cutting and after a several creative thinking drinks per session over the course of a couple of nights; here's the result ... more usable space.

For the front overhead that has the roof curve in the upper section a simple easy to remove shelf (2 screws):

For the side cabinet ... a half & half shelf that still leaves room for the tall things on one side like chips & cereal etc...

Each of these shelves has a small lip with the oak fascia strip to keep things from bobbling against the door and falling out when opened. This last pic is what things looked like after 300mi trip back home. Worked pretty good I'd say.

Ok... Now the tables will just have to go! Just as did the carpet! We WILL get a different table solution and pull the 4 tube holders out of the floor.

Enough for now ... just thought I'd share these notes with this web crew!
Old 05-24-2005, 09:31 PM   #3

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TyCreek:
Hello all ...

Enough for now ... just thought I'd share these notes with this web crew! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TyCreek.....

I should be helping my dear wife finish packing
the WW for our trip to Mammoth, but I had
to give you a big thumbs up!

King Salami did the same to his FB2200 and it
definately was a plus.

You do nice work

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 10:46 PM   #4

Ty:

Definitely better than that 'block and wood plank' shelving that we used to have growing up, eh?

Great idea...just about doubles the useable space- organization is the key!

Thanks for sharing!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 01:41 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Nice work on those cabinets. Sean, I guess I've drooled over the pics of your WW a dozen times. If I could pull it with the burb I'd be headed your way this afternoon. Need the burb for our three kids; Sandy the yellow lab; Kelsey the collie & Moose the golden/ mastiff 100# puppy. They sure would love camping in that Warrior
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 02:09 AM   #6

Hoverbug: Thanks much...it would be quite the trick to haul a 37 ft'r with a burb. And yes...lots of room for the 'kids'. Our golden definitely makes it her home when we're out!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 03:01 AM   #7

TyCreek, I give up, what the heck is O.R. Land?

Thanks for the cabinet space idea, after a few more trips I may add that to my mod. list.

If I may steal your thread and ask how did you post those pictures of your mod.? I have had several forumites ask me to post pictures but I don't know much about URL's. I know how to attach pictures off my hard drive in an e-mail but I don't understand how you do it on this forum.

twinbubba

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 04:01 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Well hello! and please steal away!
Picpost ... drag and drop a picture somewhere on the net ... then push the picture icon in the message generator gizmo app they got here ... and put in the URL...

Since you've some pictures in O.R. land ... you might could simply use the URL to those. to get the URL right click on a picture and go to properties.

OR land is Open Road ... it has MANY fronts by which you could possibly be interfacing from such as rv dot net to name one.

Anyway ... don't forget to add a spice rack!

And of course everbody needs a paper towel holder!
Old 05-26-2005, 04:38 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
There is this here too http://irv2.com/photopost/index.php
Old 05-26-2005, 05:48 AM   #10

I'm still confused, what do you mean
"drag and drop a picture somewhere on the net ... ", where on the net can I post pictures?

WW FS2300
Old 05-26-2005, 06:40 AM   #11

Thanks TyCreek, what you were saying finally sunk into the thick skull of this old man.

WW FS2300
Old 05-26-2005, 07:01 AM   #12

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">....I'll start one here with my first trailer mod that just had to be done before the stuff from the other RV could be unloaded. The shelves! Or the lack thereof! ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
that IS a smooth job. The wood looks identical to the cabinet doors. I have a feeling a number of people here are going to 'borrow' your idea. I certainly will. AAnd like you say, you in essense double the storage room od those cabinets.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 07:07 AM   #13

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">TyCreek, I give up, what the heck is O.R. Land? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i have to admit I wasn't sure either. I was guessing under the context of his statement that it meant 'own recognisance'

And Bubba, along the lines of this thread of utilizing storage space in a more efficient manner, that is a heck of an idea for storing your fishing poles. The front underneath storage, and attached to its ceiling. Now theres a storage spot that was ripe for the taking, and keeps the wet fishy poles out of the toy storage area (where we toss ours )
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 02:40 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
I must need new glasses!? ... needed a bigger pic to figure out it was a really cool pole holder!

Fatdog, how the heck could you tell what & where that was? You must have cheated some! BTW ... I had to look up that recognisance/recognizance word ... Oh, yea ... guess I've never been released on that ... !