Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:47 AM   #1

There was a thread several weeks ago about LED replacement lights for the TH and Bb was doing some research. Bb, did you give up on it or do you still have something in the works?
Last weekend while camping at a lake near a Camping World I stopped by CW to pick up a few things. $100 later I came out with most of the things I felt I needed and one I didn't.
I bought a 5-LED tap light that runs on 3AAA batteries and stuck it to the wall of my front cargo area. It is some what directional and puts out enough light to find what I am looking for at night.
Only time will tell how long the batteries will last but the manufacturer says it will run for 60 hours on the batteries. No longer that I will have it on, assuming I don't forget to turn it off, it should last for years.

Anyway Bb, what's up with the LED lights you were working on?

TB

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2006, 04:47 AM   #2

There was a thread several weeks ago about LED replacement lights for the TH and Bb was doing some research. Bb, did you give up on it or do you still have something in the works?
Last weekend while camping at a lake near a Camping World I stopped by CW to pick up a few things. $100 later I came out with most of the things I felt I needed and one I didn't.
I bought a 5-LED tap light that runs on 3AAA batteries and stuck it to the wall of my front cargo area. It is some what directional and puts out enough light to find what I am looking for at night.
Only time will tell how long the batteries will last but the manufacturer says it will run for 60 hours on the batteries. No longer that I will have it on, assuming I don't forget to turn it off, it should last for years.

Anyway Bb, what's up with the LED lights you were working on?

TB

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:35 AM   #3

TB:

BB's prolly still trying to re-coup from the Sand Sport Show...that wore him out. Well, err....prolly also the trip to the River this last weekend didn't help either.

I'm still waiting for him to come up with a LED solution also, but I did happen to find a neat kinda light at my local electronics store to use in the front compartment of the SLC- it runs off 120v, not quite a flourescent light but looks like it, has a switch but I'm going to wire it up to a reed switch so it activates when I open the compartment door, and VERY light (weight-wise)...I'll try to take a pic of it tonight and post it.

Hey BB- any updates?!
Old 10-03-2006, 07:45 AM   #4

Going to see the manufacture this week and see if they can come up with a better light for the trailer. The one I got was very white (Blueish color) They need to bring the color down the spectrum to a softer white. Love the housing, simular to a can light used in residential. 2" round hole.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:47 AM   #5

Sean, did you get a cold cathode fluoresent light? I've got to get one of those and check that out also!HERE
Old 10-03-2006, 08:04 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big buford:
Sean, did you get a cold cathode fluoresent light? I've got to get one of those and check that out also!HERE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark: sheeeesh...yep...THAT'S what you call it! Preety neat little light- comes with two tubes and a little control box that outta be perfect for the battery/propane compartment.

Glad to hear you're still bird-dogging our LED predicament....can't hardly wait to see what you come up with (and any word on the "other" project?)

Oh...and BTW...Rick @ the WW Svc Ctr was asking me about the Camp Marker controller in the coach- he had no idea they existed!
Old 10-03-2006, 08:23 AM   #7

Sean, Should get a call back soon on the tires. He will give me pricing on the 235/85/16E Ribs and also the bridgestone 187 Which is a very similar tire, all steel. Need contact info for rick!
Old 10-03-2006, 08:51 AM   #8

Sean, could you bring that light to the BBQ, like to check it out.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:01 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big buford:
Sean, could you bring that light to the BBQ, like to check it out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Si, Senoir...it's in my coach...still hafta mount it, but got some wire cleaning to do in the front compartment, so it's in "rare form" for ya.

Anything for my buford!!!