Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2016, 02:42 PM   #1

Brand new toy for my hauler

okay now I realize that my toy hauler is a class A and this section is for tt's, 5w's and tc's , but there doesn't seem to be a sub suction in class A's for toy haulers and since this thread is mainly directed at the toy hauler aspect of my class A I feel that it is a more fitting discussion for this sub section than it is for class A's. So Boot this thread to the class A's if you must, but I think more toy hauler folx will understand what I'm talking about than the class A people will JMHO.
So I've been trying to find a UTV that will A)seat 3 large adults comfortably. B) Fit 3 medium sized Siberian Huskies comfortably. C) Have enough trunk space to haul my gold prospecting equipment like my gold cube, batteries, pumps, tubs and such through the woods, across streams and or the desert through all types of climates be it wind, rain, snow, heat, cold, you get the idea. and still D) Fit in my 10' 3" garage in my rig. and lastly still have enough guts to be fun when it needs to be. I believe I have found the perfect machine to fit the bill for me. so much so that I just took my Harley down with its title and used it for a down payment for a new 2016 Kawasaki Teryx4. Now I took a tape measure with me when I went out looking for the perfect ride and the Teryx4 comes in at 10' 5" on the nose but the front bumper which is held on with 4 #14 bolts sticks out a good 3" and is very easy to get to from the front of the vehicle, which will allow just enough room to pad it front and back wiyh a couple moving blankets to keep things from rubbing holes in each other. So without further ado, I present my just out of the box today, solution to my dilemma. And perhaps anyone else who was looking for something similar for similar reasons.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 teryx4.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	143802
More pics here.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=d6413ea212

2014 Thor 37MD Husky Hauler
zman7458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2016, 05:46 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Phillip...NICE!

And, remember there is that slight angled bit at the rear of your garage floor that will shift the rearmost part of the Tery back a tiny bit.

Best luck and Safe Outlaw Travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Phillip...NICE!

And, remember there is that slight angled bit at the rear of your garage floor that will shift the rearmost part of the Tery back a tiny bit.

Best luck and Safe Outlaw Travels
yup, I'm going to put moving blanket on the nose and pull as far forward as I can, then with a blanket on the rear have them slowly close the back while I watch to make sure everything clears, then cinch her down. Does that sound right?

Old 11-10-2016, 07:07 AM   #4

Congrats! Nice toy! Enjoy! Thanks for sharing it!
ShinySideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:53 PM   #5

Congrats! I think any toy hauler with toys is welcome here!
Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:15 PM   #6

I think you should test fit it first just to make sure.
Fishalaska1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:05 PM   #7

Thanks, I can't wait to go pick it up. I've already spoke to my brother about welding the cage back together and watched several vids on how to cut it down to size. So now it's just a waiting game, which I'm horrible at being from the instant gratification generation.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishalaska1 View Post
I think you should test fit it first just to make sure.
Too late, they already have my Harley for the down payment.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman7458 View Post
Thanks, I can't wait to go pick it up. I've already spoke to my brother about welding the cage back together and watched several vids on how to cut it down to size. So now it's just a waiting game, which I'm horrible at being from the instant gratification generation.
You have to cut the cage down?
Fishalaska1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 06:04 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
When I bought my Cyclone, I was concerned about the height of my Kawasaki Mule. I hauled the Mule to the dealer for a test fit before I bought the RV. Surprisingly the height was no problem but the length was very tight. My supposed 12'0" garage only had 11'0" clear. The Mule is 10'10". I hauled it like that for 18K mi, by cross tying and padding it ike you. I also hauled a full size Weber Genesis gas grill beside it which only had a few inches clearace from the Mule. It just becomes systematic on loading them the same way every time.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 09:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
When I bought my Cyclone, I was concerned about the height of my Kawasaki Mule. I hauled the Mule to the dealer for a test fit before I bought the RV. Surprisingly the height was no problem but the length was very tight. My supposed 12'0" garage only had 11'0" clear. The Mule is 10'10". I hauled it like that for 18K mi, by cross tying and padding it ike you. I also hauled a full size Weber Genesis gas grill beside it which only had a few inches clearace from the Mule. It just becomes systematic on loading them the same way every time.
I feel ya brother. my 10' 3" garage is measured to the door, but the railing for the porch takes 3" of that away. luckily it only takes pulling a few pins to remove or I would have to pull part way into my wifes bedroom.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:59 AM   #12

Garages seem to be notoriously short of their claimed size. My 12' is actually more like 11'6"
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote