Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #15

Mid Atlantic Campers
The only one I found a few years back was a Keystone 301 RMP. Had a good layout and was said to have a 4 session package meaning that it had the enclosed under belly with heat. Did not have therm-o-pain windows. The way we kept the condensation down in the winter was to use a dehumidifier and a little extra heater in the garage kept it toasty.

I'm not saying buy a keystone (i will never own another) just saying it was a good layout.

If you are going to use a rig in the winter it is a good idea to have term-o-pain windows

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #16

Mid Atlantic Campers
Here ya go KZ has a few.
http://www.kz-rv.com/mxt/images/floo...13_MXT_312.gif

Old 08-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #17

Excel Owners Club
Well, I really do like the Featherlite trailers and current 40ft Exiss race trailer that I now use. These trailers would have to be really well insulated for four season use. I have used aluminium trailer's in the winter for snowmobile racing and they are very cold and hard to heat. Also, the price of a living quarter alum. trailer is fairly steep.
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #18

We have a 2009 cougar 300 SRX, it is a polar package and has a separate garage. It is a small garage, but will carry our two yamaha kodiaks. It is a 30 ft pull camper and pulls very nice behind our 2004 f-350 single axle. To be able to carry our ATVs to where we want to ride, we have a pickup bed mounted Monster Hauler 2 place ATV rack. In addition, we carry a 14 ft. aluminum starcraft boat over the ATV rack. Very nice package and it does it all. One thing a lot of people don't think about is haw to carry your ATVs to a riding place with out having to haul your camper to carry the bikes. The monster hauler does the trick!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #19

Toy Hauler and GMC Envoy slt 4x4

I am looking to tow a Hauler with a GMC Envoy 4x4 inline 6cylinder. Listed tow capacity 6200lbs.
The trailer only needs to accomadate 1 couple.
The bike is light BMWR1150R about 420lbs.
Would prefer side door to separate garage.
Needs to be comfortable as we will live in it for 8 months.
Any suggestions??
Old 11-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #20

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzi View Post
I am looking to tow a Hauler with a GMC Envoy 4x4 inline 6cylinder. Listed tow capacity 6200lbs.
Any suggestions??
IMO the smallest truck to tow a toy hauler would be a 250/2500 or an Excursion.

You GMC Envoy's training cant take it.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #21

Since you are in the Pacific Northwest, maybe find a BigFoot trailer. I don't believe these were nationally distributed, and would have to be used since they are now out of business. We were at a campground near Astoria a few years back where the was a BigFoot rally and a lot of new display units of motorhome, trailer, and truck campers. These appeared to be very high quality and design and I remember one of the attributes was they were built for use in winter weather. I don't remember seeing a toy hauler but, since the company appeared to have a full line of products, maybe they made these also.

Also, remembering from the same trip; meeting a couple in a Canadian campground with a new toy hauler and being told that Canadian RV standards required a barrier wall between the toy and living quarters. (If this is incorrect, just put it down to too much RV travel where things tend to run together in one's memory...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Who makes a quality, 4 seasons bumper pull Toyhauler with seperate enclosed garage? Thanks!
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:10 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzi View Post
Any suggestions??
There are toy haulers that you can pull but I'm not sure if I would want to live in it for 8 months. I've order a 26' from VRV Cargo and Camping Trailer for ATV, Motorcycles, Quads, GoCarts and much more
Even though this 26' weighs 5K empty I wouldn't suggest that for your truck. They do have smaller sizes that would work for your Envoy just not sure if I would want to live in it for that long of a time.
nplenzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #23

Thanks Soundman that was helpfull I will see what I can find
Old 11-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #24

Hi new to this forum but have been lurking for a while. As for a bumper pull TH
We just purchased a 30 foot bumper pull Heartland Torque 261. Its a 3 season TH
with the separate door. It also has one slide out. We are on a 6000 mile trip in it.
We have been in 100 plus heat and freezing weather so far it has met our expectations.
So check these out. We are pulling with a F250 diesel. Bob
Old 11-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #25

[QUOTE=nplenzick;1378889]There are toy haulers that you can pull but I'm not sure if I would want to live in it for 8 months. I've order a 26' from VRV Cargo and Camping Trailer for ATV, Motorcycles, Quads, GoCarts and much more

Let us know how the 26' VRV works out once you've had it a while. I'm looking at one of these as well; thinking the unit without the dedicated bedroom, but we're still at odds over that at home. I personally would have liked to drop down one size in length, but lost that "discussion".
Are you going to pull with the van, or a bigger vehicle?
Old 11-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #26

[QUOTE=Ridenfun;1380545]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nplenzick View Post
There are toy haulers that you can pull but I'm not sure if I would want to live in it for 8 months. I've order a 26' from VRV Cargo and Camping Trailer for ATV, Motorcycles, Quads, GoCarts and much more

Let us know how the 26' VRV works out once you've had it a while. I'm looking at one of these as well; thinking the unit without the dedicated bedroom, but we're still at odds over that at home. I personally would have liked to drop down one size in length, but lost that "discussion".
Are you going to pull with the van, or a bigger vehicle?
I'll let you know how it goes as it will get quit a work out starting by the end of February. I do anywhere from from 15-20K miles a year. Trust me when you put that many miles, a motorhome isn't the way to go! I'll be pulling it with my 08 Chevy 2500 crew cab 6.0 gas. Even though I'm rated for 12.5K I didn't want to get anywhere close to that and that's the main reason I went with VRV. It should come in at about 5300 empty and I doubt I'll add more then 2500 to that with all my supplies and a bike. I'll be well below my max for towing and not that much heavier then the enclosed trailer I now use. GVW on the VRV is 10K. VRV (Livin Light) will do pretty much anything you want so don't be afraid to ask your dealer. Their installing a vanity sink and an optional refrigerator along with Fantistic Fans, dual batteries and moving tie downs to locations I want. I think I get every option you can got on the thing. Price is about $40K. I can tell you this, you will not find a better built trailer anywhere!
nplenzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #27

Anybody know of any KZ dealers in the Northwest where I can go look at these KZ trailers?
Old 05-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #28

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Anybody know of any KZ dealers in the Northwest where I can go look at these KZ trailers?
Did you do,a dealer search on there site? http://www.kz-rv.com/dealer-locator/dealer-locator.html