Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #1

Bumper Pull Toyhauler with seperate Garage?

Who makes a quality, 4 seasons bumper pull Toyhauler with seperate enclosed garage? Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2012, 01:26 AM   #2

call featherlite
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #3

I thought Featherlite just made aluminum horse trailers???
Old 08-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #4

They make just about everything. They take a standard car hauler and outfit it with living quarters in the front (you ask for a "living quarters trailer". If the garage is for a car, figure 18 ft, and the rest is left for the living quarters - it can get pretty tight unless the trailer gets long.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #5

Not sure if it is considerd 4 season, but you can get storm windows as an option, and it has heated tanks. Fuzion 300/301.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Who makes a quality, 4 seasons bumper pull Toyhauler with seperate enclosed garage? Thanks!
HERE is a link to one for sale in the iRV2 classifieds.

2009 Keystone Springdale 259CT Toyhauler-Excellent - RV & Motorhome Classifieds

Happy shopping!
Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have not seen a 4 season bumper pull toyhauler.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
With any towable, you have to order/ask for something like an "Arctic Package" to get real 4 season equipment.

Thor has several brands under thier control thanks to the economy:
I had a Dutchmen and it was a very good TT. Dutchmen now has 3 bumper pull Toyhauler models with varied prices and dress levels.
Dutchmen Manufacturing, Inc
You need to ask for the "POLAR PACKAGE"
• Heated and Enclosed Underbelly Protects Bottom of Trailer from Road Debris and Damage
• Enhances Aerodynamics of Trailer
• Beauflor Flooring - Cold Crack Resistant

I also looked as Forest River because they have a wide variety of Touhaulers including the XLR and Viper ("V" Nose) series.
Toy Haulers by Forest River

For Forest River, they call the cold weather package the "Extreme Package"
  • 12V Heated Holding Tanks
  • Dual Pane Windows
  • Enclosed Underbelly
  • Double Insulation In Roof
If looking for used, those with a cold weather set-up will be rare but well worth having, because the extra insulation keeps you warm in the Winter AND cool in the Summer...I used the fact that I had the Arctic Pack in my Duthcmen Denali as a selling point.
Bst of luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #9

he key word on that keystone was "customized". Many manufacturers will make what you want. Pace, Featherlite, Haulmark, they'll make whatever you want, just bring money. I believe forest river made a nice toyhauler at one time as well. I used to have a Carson. If you call them and spec it out Bill Modisette will make pretty much anything you want.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Arctic and Polar packs do not necessarily make a unit 4 season. A true 4 season unit has a lot more than a layer of aluminum foil bubble stuff in the floor.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
So true, so true...foil bubble wrap won't make a rig stay warm.

I trusted that Duthmen knew what they are doing and my Denali with Artic Pack (now named Polar Pack) had a very good ducted furnace, a fully enclosed belly (enclosed with a triple-layer epoxy molded material), heat pad equipped holding tanks, and extra insulation in the box and appliance ports.

I boondocked in the Sierra Nevada during winter ('cuz all the campgrounds were closed during snow season)...the snow just slid-off the slightly peaked roofline. -AND- My trailer was the only unit to NOT burn in our RV storage area during the terrible 2007 Witch Creek fires because the enclosed belly protected the rig from the burning/blowing fireballs from the nearby wood and homes...MAN I loved that trailer!!

There are Naysayers on the forum...I don't get it. In fact the Naysayers even said I shouldn't be able to winter camp in my Outlaw, but I have. And did it in Washington! And, it was WONDERFUL in OEM set-up. All, I had to do was add a small thermostatically controlled floor heater in the garage so some guest could sleep back there

Knowledge is power and I was just trying to give Ryan some good feedback. Hopefully they will be able to make informed decisions and find their dream RV too.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #12

I appreciate all the feedback. I'll check out the links. I knew that some toyhauler brands had models with enclosed garages that were bumper pull.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #13

And I REALLY would like to find 1 less than 12' tall!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #14

Car Hauler Living Quarters | Featherlite in a 4926