Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #1

Location: I travel this great country working on refineries and industrial plants.
Cable feeds in Cyclone Toyhauler

I'm trying to set up a friends RV for DTV. The dealership promised him one of the three cable jacks in the connection compartment went straight to the main living room tv. I have two white coaxes coming out of the wall at the living room cable plate. I have all black coax at the connection panel. I've connected the DTV receiver to both coax connections and can't find the power on the other end with my Super Sat Buddy. I'm thinking he has a splitter somewhere and I have no idea where it could be. I was a DTV tech for years so I'm familiar with how coax needs to be. He has a 2014 Heartland Cyclone, about a 43 footer loaded up. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Chuck

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2015, 07:20 PM   #2

Chuck,

You are 100% correct. There is a splitter in play here. The dealer doesn't have a clue. There is more then likely one behind the entry panel, accessable via the access panel in the front storage compartment, and if I remember correctly there is one in the wall behind the main TV. For future refrence "if he has a bunk" there is a splitter up there in the wall before it goes to the garage area TV as well.

Boostable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:23 PM   #3

OO forgot to mention, don't assume that there is a cable connected on the inside to the outside sat port. Pull the access panel, you might be suprised!
Boostable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:48 PM   #4

Location: I travel this great country working on refineries and industrial plants.
I actually found the splitters in the top clothed in frame above everything next to the ceiling. I broke off and made home runs for both LR and bedroom sat drops and make sure I didn't affect the off air local cables. The coax connectors that came on his rig were crap, very poor quality. Most of the coax had slid way out of the connector in that they were making good contact.
He's all set now we're are just waiting for all the new HD DTV equipment to come in Monday. Have a blessed weekend and thank you for your help.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:58 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
FYI - on a Carbon, I found the splitter in the bedroom by removing one of the LED lights.