Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-20-2005, 01:09 PM   #15

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... I'm not quite sure just what combination of the different parts I would need to price a complete unit (top, bottom, etc?)- any ideas </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you need to get two parts,
the AC itself (prox $475), and then the piece that goes on the inside ceiling that the outside AC bolts to. The one i had last time wasn't ducted, i don't think you'd need it to be, it just dumped the cold air straight into the bedroom. That piece costs $60. Hardware comes with.

and here's why you don't see so many of those SLIMLINE air conditioners, they priced themselves out of contention.

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2005, 01:52 PM   #16

So if the dealer tries to charge me $1000 for the a/c, then I could justifiably tell him to go pound sand?

Thanks Mike!

Old 05-20-2005, 03:50 PM   #17

i think that actually is what WW charges for the 2nd air - $1000 or something right in there.
And a RV install place will charge you the $500 for the AC and 200 or 300 for install.

i really had to think about '56 when he said today that he'll never need a 2nd air, they don't camp hot. Jese, down here we could install three of them and just be breaking even with the heat. Santa Cruz isn't as warm as Lakeside, Palmdale, or Glamis ...
Old 05-20-2005, 05:43 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Santa Cruz isn't as warm as Lakeside, Palmdale, or Glamis ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dat's right! It was a lovely 70 degrees here today.
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 08:27 PM   #19

oooooo....someone turn on the heater, will 'ya?
Old 05-24-2005, 07:02 AM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dat's right! It was a lovely 70 degrees here today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">oooooo....someone turn on the heater, will 'ya? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea, i'm thinking she must have meant the ocean water
Old 07-14-2005, 11:03 PM   #21

Ok...... we road tested it. On the way back
from Arizona we camped at Rasor Road in the
Mojave Desert.

First we ran the air conditioner to cool things
down when we first got there.....

But we didn't want to run the AC all night, so
we let this this little fan run at high speed
and it really did the job of cooling us off.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:44 AM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
You could add an LA(lower Alabama)ac. Folks with trailer homes down there would put a soaker hose on the roof and turn on the spigot. Worked for them.

Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote