Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2006, 11:42 AM   #15

Y-Guy,

Welcome to irv2.

Thanks for the tip on Morrow County OHV Park. Looks like a great spot. We're going to put it on our "2006 must go" list.
How far in advance should reservations be made?

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2006, 11:54 AM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by high desert:
Y-Guy,

Welcome to irv2.

Thanks for the tip on Morrow County OHV Park. Looks like a great spot. We're going to put it on our "2006 must go" list.

Wes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

High Desert, Y-Guy..... When are we goin! How about a gathering in May, June, July, or August?

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:35 PM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 56Nomad:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by high desert:
Y-Guy,

Welcome to irv2.

Wes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

High Desert, Y-Guy..... When are we goin! How about a gathering in May, June, July, or August? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mid June through August are good for us. What's the altitude there? It looks like a great place to cool off in the summer.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:09 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Spring through early Summer are best, it gets warm but not really hot. The problem is the dust can be really thick in spots. One trip we wore masks, made it much more bearable.

Wes - reservations are really needed unless you are going on the major holidays. Even then we've been able to get them. The pic seen of the rigs is at a shady site, others are more open.

Right now they have water, but they are working on full hook up's sometime in 06 hopefully. They are also putting in cabins.

I have the alt need to reinstall my map software and I can get it. No rejetting is needed, its at the base of the blue mountains near Heppner, OR. There is a park down the hill that allows for dumping too, I think its only $2.

I'd love to hook up with folks, we'll probably be heading up there about once a month and more is always fine by me too.

Oh here is what the dust looks like when its really bad.

I have more pics if you want to see them just click here.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 04:20 PM   #19

Y-Guy!

Great pics-thanks for sharing! That is sure one heck of great place! But of course, all of Oregon and Washington are great places. If I could get out of So Cal, I would in a heartbeat. I love the wooded areas- Howie's found a few of 'em also!

Thanks again!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 05:49 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Sean I was glad to be out of Stockton and back in the Northwest myself.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:35 PM   #21

Yikes...Stockton...now there's a town I haven't been in for a while. Don't miss it, but then again, don't remember it. I'm a born and [somewhat] raised in Fresno, and I'll go ahead and take the flak for that.

Good choice to move up to the "Up-Hinderlands"!

And that last pic you posted, WOW...now if I didn't know better, there's some potatoes ( OK...or potatos depending on where you're from ) dust just-a FLYIN' from that quad. Dare I ask if anyone was following? I think those cheesy 3M paper masks just wouldn't CUT IT! I'd gear up for the 3 Mile Island episode and keep THAT dust at bay! Geesh!

Good stuff, Maynard...I know you've got some more for the asking!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:10 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Yeah I took the lead, my son followed second and my wife third. Thankfully the dust settles pretty quick and you don't find it all over the place. Turns to great mud in the Spring though. The 3M masks make a huge difference, but you'll never want a shower so much by the end of the day as riding through it.