Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2005, 07:03 PM   #1

Well I had'nt had the new LE in front of the house for 24 hours and the city rent a cop parking geek comes to give me a ticket. Luckely I was home and fended him off. Guy says I can't park the trailer without the truck hooked to it. I have read the city ordnance and it doesn't say that.

Section 10.44.020 Parking prohibitions for certain vehicles.

It is unlawful for any person to park or leave standing on any private or public property within residential or commercial zoning districts of the city, the following types of vehicles: any commercial vehicle, oversized vehicle, recreational vehicle, vessel, or non-self propelled vehicle, as defined in Chapter 10.08 and 10.32 of this code, and similar such vehicles, unless as specifically allowed and described herein:
A. It is unlawful to park, keep, or store any commercial vehicle, oversized vehicle, recreational vehicle, non-self propelled vehicle, vessel, or similar such vehicles, within any portion of the front yard setback, as defined by this code. Except that, if such vehicles are kept, parked, and stored permanently on private property, other than the front yard setback, they shall be screened from view to the required fence height allowed by this code. Wrought iron fencing, landscape material, and lattice shall be considered as acceptable screening materials. Recreational vehicles shall be allowed for a total of forty-eight (48) hours before and after a recreational trip only, and not in combination with any other public right-of-way parking exemption

Unless I read this wrong seams like they are makeing there own rules. Time to go to a city council meeting. I understand the intent of this ordance but how the heck are you to get your rig out of storage on thursday and load up and then go to work on friday with the TV and then hook up and go friday afternoon? That is what the 48 hour exception is for....I thought?

Anybody have any advice or fought there city on this?

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2005, 07:03 PM   #2

Well I had'nt had the new LE in front of the house for 24 hours and the city rent a cop parking geek comes to give me a ticket. Luckely I was home and fended him off. Guy says I can't park the trailer without the truck hooked to it. I have read the city ordnance and it doesn't say that.

Section 10.44.020 Parking prohibitions for certain vehicles.

It is unlawful for any person to park or leave standing on any private or public property within residential or commercial zoning districts of the city, the following types of vehicles: any commercial vehicle, oversized vehicle, recreational vehicle, vessel, or non-self propelled vehicle, as defined in Chapter 10.08 and 10.32 of this code, and similar such vehicles, unless as specifically allowed and described herein:
A. It is unlawful to park, keep, or store any commercial vehicle, oversized vehicle, recreational vehicle, non-self propelled vehicle, vessel, or similar such vehicles, within any portion of the front yard setback, as defined by this code. Except that, if such vehicles are kept, parked, and stored permanently on private property, other than the front yard setback, they shall be screened from view to the required fence height allowed by this code. Wrought iron fencing, landscape material, and lattice shall be considered as acceptable screening materials. Recreational vehicles shall be allowed for a total of forty-eight (48) hours before and after a recreational trip only, and not in combination with any other public right-of-way parking exemption

Unless I read this wrong seams like they are makeing there own rules. Time to go to a city council meeting. I understand the intent of this ordance but how the heck are you to get your rig out of storage on thursday and load up and then go to work on friday with the TV and then hook up and go friday afternoon? That is what the 48 hour exception is for....I thought?

Anybody have any advice or fought there city on this?

Griz

06 LE 3505
Old 07-28-2005, 07:09 PM   #3

Griz,

Palmdale is the worse, you cannot leave a un-hooked trailer AT ALL. I can leave it there all year as long as it is attached, but let me un-hook and go to the store for 20 mins and I'll have a ticket.

Bunch of crap....

I called the city and sent in a written protest with pictures and it went nowhere.

Good luck,

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:13 PM   #4

Something tells me Murrieta and Palmdale have somthing in common. That is Crap....

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 07-28-2005, 07:16 PM   #5

Griz,

A lot of municipalities are getting drunk with power and the desire to control every aspect of their residents lives.

Here is a good place to start voicing your concerns.

Wes
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:23 PM   #6

Thanks Wes I'm all over it. Hmmmm maybe I better have the wife do this. I always shoot myself in the foot when dealing with city officals and dumb ***^$% laws.

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 07-28-2005, 07:25 PM   #7

Sean I'm all ears.... This sounds like it's going to be good, hold on I'm making Popcorn.

06 LE 3505
Old 07-28-2005, 07:26 PM   #8

This is the kinda thing that just fries my buttt...OK...so there's a shortage of cops, but the city has enough money to hire wannbies to make the good guys' life's he!!. Wassup with that?

Remind me sometime to tell the story of the Yucaipa Code Enforcement vs. Me...it'll give you a whole bunch of ideas!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:30 PM   #9

Griz.. Same here...
I had the new trailer home for only three days and I had a ticket.. I warned all of my neighbors that I would have it there for only one week so I dont think anyone called on me... Just some stupid "rent a guy to write stupid tickets" passing by and saw my trailer alone.. Sheesh.. I agree there should be a time limit (if anything) that allows you to load your trailer and get gas in the TV or whatever... Binch of horse#$%^..... If you ask me...
\Noob

06 WW LE3305
TH_NOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #10

oh, almost forgot.. guy up the street usually parks his boat in the driveway well he's getting a new pool so his boat has been unhooked and alone for over a month.. Guess what? No tickets
Sassafrassa %#$#%^$#^!

\Bob

06 WW LE3305
TH_NOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:43 PM   #11

Sheriff 4 houses down has his 33ft TT in front of his house for a week at a time. Many other utilities trailer and such around my neighborhood. The rent a cop says someone complained but I don't think so. No one blatantly tries to store there stuff on the road we all just use our stuff. Imagine that using our stuff. I know my neighbors didn't complain because they were all inside my trailer!

Sassafrassa is right.

Don

06 LE 3505
Old 07-28-2005, 07:44 PM   #12

OK...first I outta tell you one month before I move out of the Redlands house, the Code guy is wrting me up for my SLC37 being in the driveway (and then writes me up for re-doing the concrete approach, which was easement...but that's ANOTHER story- notice didn't have a sequential number, so I tossed it). Screw 'em...I move. Second day at the new house, I meet Code Guy in the front of the house, and he's telling me I've got to have the rig 25ft from the street...3 notices, then I'm paying all the legal fees PLUS $90/day. I explained to Larry that we just bought the house BECAUSE of the 20ft on the side next to the garage, and I've already got plans to start digging and get it all set. He tell me I've got 45 days before the 3rd notice.

Sooo...I get going on the project about 1 1/2 weeks later. 33 truckloads of dirt gone, 87 yards of concrete, 1100 split-face block going on, and about 3 weeks into it, we get the second notice. Moski dons some way-vooos and calls up the department, asking why we're getting these notices? They explain that they only pursue the cases where they've got a complaint (we figger it was my old neighbor to the north that just was crazy beyond belief...but that's ANOTHER story). Moski tells the gal that IF that was the criteria, then we drive around the town for 1/2 hour and give them 200 addresses and keep their little buttts busy so they leave us alone! Humm...she expalined that they had seen our progress on the project, and that they'd still issue the 3rd notice, but it would be moot if the TH was finally parked.

About 45 days into it, stalled due to rain and the inability to pour concrete, they finally issue the 3rd notice that advises us they will take legal action. Story short...Moski takes 10 minutes to drive around the block and gathers about 18 addresses, and faxes them off. Calls the the next day, and the gal (Larry's secretary- the only other person in the department) finally gives up and tells us they realize our plight and there's no way they're gonna go after us. Moski get s asecond assurance that we're OK, and because of this whole episode, I didn't get my sewer connection extended to the RV pad as hoped (but everything else turned out just fine....what a project!).

Well...since we've found out that THAT'S how the 'cookie crumbles', we hold back on some our more offending neighbors. I have told a few of them the 'rules', and I just hope to heck they get the message. So far...they've all been good sports.
We actually made friends of the original neighbor that "turned us in", but he never fessed up to the 'doin'...and luckily, his replacement, who is a great guy and a RV'r, has overlooked my easement issues with some of subsequent improvements.

There....time to go get some more popcorn Griz!

Sean
Old 07-28-2005, 07:51 PM   #13

As King Salami says:

California is the "land of NO!"

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:54 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 56Nomad:
As King Salami says:

California is the "land of NO!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

UNLESS you wanna try to get rid of some the illegals, and then it's "Land of the YES"!

Ok...I'll back down...Nick's right...anyone who has a VESTED interest in this state has no say, except for the politicians...

Sean