Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-18-2005, 10:25 PM   #1

I'll look for the classified ad on iRV2

Found it ..... here

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2005, 10:25 PM   #2

I'll look for the classified ad on iRV2

Found it ..... here

Old 07-19-2005, 10:26 AM   #3

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Got a good price on a simular truck to Seans, without the king ranch edition. I don't need to or half to sell it, but I just got a good offer that would have me pay about what I paid for my current one. Thought I would just upgrade.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:47 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
this appears to be a topical question these days ...

Clark and all, are there any differences between the "big three" trucks as far as ToyHauling goes? (i frankly would own ANY of them depending on how I perceive bang-for-buck)

The Ford has the Tow Command, but thats gearing and all trucks have gearing packages. The Ford is a great tow machine and i have a comfort level with it, but what else is out there?...

The Allison is an acknowledged tow tranny, but the Ally in the 3500 isn't necessarily the one that made that reputation.
Great truck, no doubt (i know, I know Griz....)

And of course the Cummins is an enviable workhorse, how does the truck back it up?

What is everyone looking for in their trucks?

I only ask this because it appears we have some guys who are truck-looking, me perhaps included, and again I will buy where i find GOOD STUFF not just NAME BRAND.
Whose off-road package is better?
Service issues?
Ability to juice?
Tires?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:11 AM   #5

Cummins is the best engine, Allison is the best tranny and the locking rear differential in the Chevy is a huge benifit if you head for the sand. Otherwise it's pretty much cosmetics. All 3 make great trucks really so whatever turns your crank Hank...

Weekend Warrior FS2600
Quadhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:58 PM   #6

My Neighbor and I just had this discussion a couple weeks ago. If the big 3 would be willing to work together for a change and share the cost/profits could you imagine what they could do. Cummins motor, Ally trans Ford Ranch King decor and the best of all three gismos on one truck. Would be sweet.

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:06 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grizwald2:
My Neighbor and I just had this discussion a couple weeks ago. If the big 3 would be willing to work together for a change and share the cost/profits could you imagine what they could do. Cummins motor, Ally trans Ford Ranch King decor and the best of all three gismos on one truck. Would be sweet.

Griz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen..........
Old 07-19-2005, 09:40 PM   #8

Geeeez....Howie & Don:

<span class="ev_code_RED">YUCK!!</span> If all three got together, then our only decisiveness would be 'what color'!!

Seriously, if all three got together, I'd think the SEC would have a problem with that- not that they're already showing some colusion as we speak, but there's reason why we have Three. Just some could make a case for Four or Five, but then who's counting!!!

Sean
Old 07-20-2005, 02:24 PM   #9

Mike,

The reason I am staying wth Ford is because of the comfort level I have with my current truck. I went with a Powerstroke first because of the dependability I have seen with the PSD's we drive here at work. We had two 1998 Van ambulances with PSD's. They both were driven by 20 different drivers, 20 different ways. Started cold, driven hard, put away hot. In the two years leading up to my getting my truck, we had zero motor/trans problems. I figured if they held up to those conditions, that was the truck I was going to get. Currently we now have two 2005 Vans with 6.0's. I got mine and right away when through it and put on HyTec pans, turbo timer, guages, coolers, etc... With those additions the truck has performed perfectly (knock on wood). I am willing to go the new PSD route because of that. My last truck was a Dodge gas motor which ran great up to 125,000 miles and then started going south. I owned a Chevy before that which was a good truck also.

I agree, if we could take a little from each brand, we would have a killer truck. But competition is what makes the big 3 keep working on making better trucks. If I sell my current truck and get a new one great, but if the Ford family deal goes away before it sells, I will probally just keep it until later. That's the beauty of it, I don't have to sell. We'll see.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:17 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Clark

I almost got choked up reading this. Maybe I need to go trade mine in for a ford, NOT!
Buts thats ok, thats why we have more trucks to kick tires on. And, more competition to help us get better trucks.

Thats OK, you'll like it too.

And God, don't get me started on Dodge! worse truck I ever had for towing. Empty and light towing as with a open car trailer is great, load it down and forget it, that is unless you want to drive at 55 MPH at 2500 RPM. Yuck! Don't forget the front end, all the A-arms and ball joints had to be replaced at 37k. I'll keep my Chevy, thank you.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:28 PM   #11

Well Tommy!!

Nice to see you have at least 'half a brain'!!!

Sean
Old 07-20-2005, 06:35 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Hey Sean! Glad to see you on. Wazzup?
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:37 PM   #13

HD he's still trying to wash off all that ford transmission fluid.

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:41 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grizwald2:
HD he's still trying to wash off all that ford transmission fluid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now Griz...lest you forget that it is now I with the same tranny you've got!

Dave- just hangin' out...we had some weather come through that kept the sun from getting the temp to 289 degrees...just savoring [Klink!] the moment! Sure glad to see you're officially part of the WW family...we'll have to get together soon.

Sean