Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-30-2005, 01:26 PM   #1

Great news, Sean! (Whew!) I bet you're literally one happy camper now. Good luck to you and Moski in your new rig.

Well, guess I get to walk in your shoes now. The FB2200 went up for sale this weekend on a few forum classifieds and it's going into RVTrader (Bay Area, LA and Orange County) this coming week. The LE3305 will be arriving on July 30th. Now we get to sweat it out.

We're really looking forward to kicking back with everyone again as soon as we can!

King Salami and Sandy Feet

Weekend Warrior LE3305
King Salami is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2005, 01:26 PM   #2

Great news, Sean! (Whew!) I bet you're literally one happy camper now. Good luck to you and Moski in your new rig.

Well, guess I get to walk in your shoes now. The FB2200 went up for sale this weekend on a few forum classifieds and it's going into RVTrader (Bay Area, LA and Orange County) this coming week. The LE3305 will be arriving on July 30th. Now we get to sweat it out.

We're really looking forward to kicking back with everyone again as soon as we can!

King Salami and Sandy Feet

Weekend Warrior LE3305
Old 05-30-2005, 01:41 PM   #3

CONGRATS WWFan...............Both on the sale of the old rig and the impending delivery of your new SLC3905.
Just in the nick of time on the sale it appears, way to go!!!
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:42 PM   #4

Thanks King...what a monkey to get off our shoulders, and just in the 'nick' 'o time! I hope yourshoes are a little shorter than ours were! But you shouldn't have any problem- you've got a really nice FB there.

Just got back from Giant...ah man...the 06 is simply gorgeous- they've got some things to do, but we're set to get it @ 2:30 tomorrow. Delivered weight: 12,063 lbs! Now if we can just get our F250 sold, we'll be "poopin' in tall cotton", because I won't even be able to fill it up with water and be within limits...oh well.

And dittos on gettin' together again...isn't time, or past it? How's Howie doin'- have 'ya heard anything from him?

Sean
Old 05-30-2005, 03:55 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Oh wow man, you're getting right down to the bottom line now. Great news on the sale...funny how things seem to work out in the end. Just write the check and all's well. GO GET THAT PUPPY!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 03:58 PM   #6

Yep, as we speak the old fool is up in Mammoth riding around, probably getting lost and having a great old time doin' it. Good for him! He's camped at Big Springs (right off 395). He and Diana checked out Glass Creek and said it would be a great place to get us all together in one spot. (See Sandy Feet's post on RV.Net)

Weekend Warrior LE3305
Old 05-30-2005, 04:06 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Yep, I bet he is, (lost that is) and probably a lot more.

Thats ok, he deserves it, at least for now. We'll float..em a little slack.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:01 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by high desert:
CONGRATS WWFan...............Both on the sale of the old rig and the impending delivery of your new SLC3905.
Just in the nick of time on the sale it appears, way to go!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HD: Yeah...way too close for comfort...after having it up for sale since 2/3/05 and gettin' it sold just two days before the new one, I don't know if anyone would want to get that close!

King: As much 'traffic' as you think you see online, my best bet was getting it out 'in the open'....I got just as many calls doing that than the emails I got (and I got them from Florida, Colorado, Kansas, and just yesterday, HAWAII- in fact- that one was a phone call AND an email). The best was this College up in the high desert where you park it and hand 'em the keys for the weekend. First weekend (last weekend) was $60 for both the truck and the trailer, and just $20 for the truck this weekend (but it was a lousy weekend because of the holiday). Every weekend after that, it's half price, and they have security watch everything Sat Nite and they'll show the rig for you. I opted to stay with mine last weekend because I knew all the 'bells and whistles' of my coach and actually just wanted to see what trffic there was- and I wasn't disappointed- 40-50 people went thru it, and wouldn't 'cha know- it was the last one that bought it!

Sooooo....hook 'er up, drive 'er around, and park where there's just alot of people- it's worth of price of gas. Because even though a "picture is worth a 1000 words" doesn't mean they're the right words! My TH just needed to be seen in person.

...and tack on a couple extra c-notes to the price JUST because you and Sandy are terrific people and the buyer should be indebted as such! If they need a reference, just let US know! OK? WE'd be more than happy to oblige!

Sean
Old 05-30-2005, 09:11 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
after having it up for sale since 2/3/05 .......
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WWFan, I hope that's not typical. Do you have an idea in what you spent total in advertising?
Old 05-30-2005, 09:49 PM   #10

Sean,

Way to go buddy!!!! Congrats on both parts, I know the excitement your going thru!!! Welcome to the 12,000 lb club. It's big, but they sure are nice. Give us the details and pics as soon as you can.

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:19 AM   #11

Clark:

Thanks guy! Boy...just couldn't sleep last night....too many little WW fairies dancin' around in my head. Still some formidable things to go through this morning, but we'll get there!

Kevlar:

Well, I advertised on two sites...rvtrader.com and rvclassified.com....each I believe were $99 "Run 'Til Sold", which it would appear on the surface that I got my money's worth, but it was the $60 last weekend that did it. So....around $260 total? I got probably 30 emails from both- about 6 phone calls. But even the time I parked it along the outer I10 road in Yucaipa on a Sunday afternoon (Glamis traffic), I had 4 people exit the freeway to look at it, within about an hour! So I had to get it to the public- the pics were great, but just had to zoom 'em to the people. The bottom line was: a friend of a friend of a friend bought it, and the really good thing is he's estatic about it- couldn't be happier. I came down a grand and he came up a grand on the price- gave us what we needed to put a huge chunk down on the new one, so our payment is actually lower than what we had on our 1995 (albeit, a tad longer!

I did also have it on race-deZert.com and district37ama.org which were free. I'm still convinced that if I wudda took it President's Weekend and parked it at the entrance to Glamis, it would have sold then- but that water already's made it to the ocean (way beyond the bridge!).

Pics to come! Stay tuned! Thanks again everyone!
Old 05-31-2005, 06:16 AM   #12

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
Wow Sean !!
Excellent news!
A little weight off those ol' sholders???
I know how much that meant to you, selling the old one so the new one could come on in. Timing a a little close for you?

When I sold my old LE31 to get my new LE33, i advertised mine here at iRV2 (free) and at RVONLINE ($70). Both adds run until RV is sold. Within a couple weeks I had gotten a call from each website that wanted it immediatly. Could have been the luck of the draw, i'll never know.

CONGRATS SEAN !!!!!!!!

Waiting to hear about the new beast
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:45 AM   #13

You guys are absolute FONTS OF INFORMATION! Thanks ever so much.

Sean, you're too kind and your suggestions are worth their weight in gold. We have the same type of college thing here (Cabrillo College) selling used vehicles in their parking lot on weekends, although I doubt many people would be looking for a toyhauler here in Santa Cruz. However, Hollister Hills OHV is definitely a doable trip - 40 miles or so from Santa Cruz - and very busy on the weekends. The bad part is I hate to get the dang WW all bugged up and dirty again! Well, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

We'll keep you posted.

Sandy
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:53 AM   #14

I'm listed on RVtraderonlineand RVtrader. I think my biggest mistake was NOT buying the "Run till Sold" cuz it looks like I'll be renewing it. Won't make that mistake again.