Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:35 PM   #1
Considering a toy hauler-any recs?

20 years ago we owned a 5th wheel and got a lot of use out of that. Since then we have had numerous living quarter horse trailers of increasingly longer lengths and heavier weights. We just sold our horse trailer and truck rig (65' total length is all...) and we are looking at downsizing. We were all set to buy a small Class C/B+ , but are now rethinking that, and may prefer a 5th wheel toy hauler. We can still attend horse shows in it (not hauling horses obviously) but no problem doing the just the rv thing either with a toy hauler, which is something we want to do, hence why we had gone the small Class C/B+ route... Truck not an issue, we have both a one ton dually and a 3/4 ton as potential tow vehicles. We don't want a massive, long, heavy trailer, we just sold one of those. We do want a shorter version of a top brand, well built, not excessively heavy trailer with luxury amenities. More interested in a garage than patios, outdoor kitchens etc. We want to look into models by the manufacturer with the best build quality (avoid delamination issues etc) and customer satisfaction, so who do you recommend? Thanks in advance for your comments.

retiredtenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2016, 11:51 PM   #2
I would recommend checking out Grand Design. They make Momentum and Momentum M-Class. There are many others, but we are happy with our Momentum so far and Grand Design is focused on quantity customer service.

Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 12:30 AM   #3
My only fifth wheel toy hauler was a Heart Land Road Warrior.

The 35 footer may be a little larger than what you're looking for.

I was for the most part very satisfied with the build and ease of maintenance of our unit.

What I didn't care for was the two M/C only size garage, and that's because I was already spoiled by our previous bumper pull toy hauler that I could haul five bikes in if needed.

Since you did mention the importance of luxury in your next trailer, a bumper pull would be out of the question, fiver is the only way to go there.

Happy Hunting

Dan & Loretta, US Army Retired Aero Scout Pilot
2012 Fleetwood Providence 42P Class A/DP
Spartan Chassis, 8.9L Cummins 450HP
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:39 PM   #4
Originally Posted by Gigattime View Post
I would recommend checking out Grand Design. They make Momentum and Momentum M-Class. There are many others, but we are happy with our Momentum so far and Grand Design is focused on quantity customer service.
I would totally agree that you should look at the Grand Design Momentum M-class line. Like you, I too, was looking at the Class C and Super C. Decided to try the GD 348M. Definitely worth looking into.

Best of luck!
Tillerman7 is offline   Reply With Quote