Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2006, 05:16 PM   #1

I've never used a convection oven before and neither has my wife. I do know that we've used the oven in our RV on just about every trip so we need to be able to bake even if it's just some onion rings to go with the burgers. How do these things work for baking and do you have to fire up the generator to run it just like you would if you were microwaving something?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2006, 05:16 PM   #2

I've never used a convection oven before and neither has my wife. I do know that we've used the oven in our RV on just about every trip so we need to be able to bake even if it's just some onion rings to go with the burgers. How do these things work for baking and do you have to fire up the generator to run it just like you would if you were microwaving something?
Old 06-20-2006, 06:14 PM   #3

Boy Max:

We just skirted that Year by one...don't have a clue what they're all about...but rest assured, someone will pipe up with some insight on them. I know for the house they're the cat's meow, but I've also heard they're kinda a PITA for a RV.

Just for poops and grins, I'm wondering if WW would offer a credit for NOT installing one so you could use te $$$'s to buy a regular oven....or they may have smarted up and decided to offer a choice- don't be shy in asking!

Good luck!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:23 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a GE Profile Convection microwave and have not used the regular oven in years, other than to store extra large pots and pans. We use the convection MW to bake cakes, cookies, broil chicken and generally bake or broil anything that you would do in a regular oven.

Just make the manual for the MW your best friend for a while and you'll love to use it.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:19 PM   #5

That thing runs strictly on AC right, no propane?
Old 06-29-2006, 03:03 AM   #6

Correct on the "AC only".

TB

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #7

Thank goodness we have a real gas oven. Lady Di uses it all the time and we never use
the microwave.

If you're in a place where you can't use the generator or power hookup....... you're screwed.

Do you still have a choice to go with a gas oven?

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #8

I doubt it and even if you did, then you wouldn't have a microwave since the convection oven is installed where the gas oven would normally go. I guess you could rebuild the cabinets and wire in a microwave above though. I hate firing up a generator just to bake a few muffins. I've got a small Honda EU1000 generator that I always take for battery charging, it's the only generator I have since my camper doesn't have an onboard unit. But even my friends with generators prefer to use mine for battery charging since it's so quiet and runs forever on a quart of fuel. Mine won't run the microwave though and I'm sure it won't run the convection oven either so I kinda doubt I'll like the convection oven option.