Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-02-2006, 03:54 PM   #1

Has anyone here purchased the scissor jack stabilizer from CW? The picture that they show on their website has a weird crank handle attachment that would not allow me to use my cordless impact and 3/4 in. socket that I use to stabilize the rig. I need to replace one since I tweaked it last month in a driveway .
Here is a pic of the CW Stabilizer. I need the one with the 3/4 in. hex head on the end of the screw.

2005 Attitude 26'FSAK
Crime Pays is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2006, 03:54 PM   #2

Has anyone here purchased the scissor jack stabilizer from CW? The picture that they show on their website has a weird crank handle attachment that would not allow me to use my cordless impact and 3/4 in. socket that I use to stabilize the rig. I need to replace one since I tweaked it last month in a driveway .
Here is a pic of the CW Stabilizer. I need the one with the 3/4 in. hex head on the end of the screw.

2005 Attitude 26'FSAK
Old 10-02-2006, 04:35 PM   #3

well to me it looks like a reg. sissor jack . i would think any auto. store would have what you need. then just weld it to frame.

24him
Old 10-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 24him:
well to me it looks like a reg. sissor jack . i would think any auto. store would have what you need. then just weld it to frame.

24him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the lug that you see on the end of the screw is round with one hole in the end and one hole on the side that the handle kind of threads through to allow cranking. My stabilizers have a hex head on the end for use of drills etc..........
CP

2005 Attitude 26'FSAK
Old 10-02-2006, 05:40 PM   #5

Cant you weld the right size bolt head to the round end when you are welding it to the frame?
Old 10-02-2006, 06:37 PM   #6

Come-on CP! That's what DW and DK is for! Jes have them do it fer ya! No power tools needed!

2BlueHeelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
You can buy the ones with the 3/4 bolt head on them, just need to check around. If you already have these jacks then the new ones will just bolt on to the existing mounts, no welding.

I replaced both of mine that were like this on the Terry so I would have the bolt heads and be able to use the drill motor. Much easier! I bought two for 60 some dollars.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:02 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crime Pays:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those CW sissor jacks look pretty cheezy. You might want to consider these

On my last Weekend Warrior I purchased these and bolted them to the frame. Very easy.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:08 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
There you go! and the price is right there too. Just bolt them on, 15 minute job.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #10

CP, There is a guy advertising on recycler.com says he has 10 of them used twice. $25ea. Been thinking of getting some myself. I have the single arm style. Me no likie!
Old 10-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #11

click
Old 10-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #12

CP! No...don't do it!!

Dang...hope I got to you before you put the CC out on an order....sheesh...it may be a little more money, but the one (and I wish I could find a quick picture other than the one we got on the SLC) you want is the one piece unit that welds across the back in one piece...I think they're made by BAL. Priceless- first, they tuck within themselves ALOT better for ground clearance, and they don't have a funky wrench you gotta use to screw 'em up and down.

Man...I hope I got to you before you bought those POS units...GUYS: steering our fellow members in the wrong direction! WhatamIgonnadowitchoo!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 10-03-2006, 06:37 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
WW, I would agree with you EXCEPT he already has these types on there so all he has to do is unbolt and replace them. If he changed to the BAl you are talking about he'd have to change the mounts and all that. I agree, I like the Bal on mine but its not a single piece, its separate on each side but still better than those scissor jacks like I have on the Terry although they do ok now that I don't have to use the crank.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:27 AM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
WW, I would agree with you EXCEPT he already has these types on there so all he has to do is unbolt and replace them. If he changed to the BAl you are talking about he'd have to change the mounts and all that. I agree, I like the Bal on mine but its not a single piece, its separate on each side but still better than those scissor jacks like I have on the Terry although they do ok now that I don't have to use the crank. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

VR: I didn't see those in his pics- are you sure?! Here's what I'm talking about:

Couple of welds and you're good to go!! Note how they tuck up almost inside the frame so they don't drag. I love ours! And they have a hex screw end for the Makita/Dewalt/Milwakee/Ryobi/B&D!!

Scotter: I like your idea...it's a DW and a DK deal!!