Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #1

Cyclone 4000 Elite vs Voltage 3970 for fultiming?

Howdy!

We are fulltimers and are considering moving to a Toy Hauler. The two models that look good on the internet for us is the Cyclone 4000 Elite, and the Voltage 3970. Both have the same floor plan which we like. What I would like to know is informatio from folk that have these RV's, real world response from owner. I've looked at the forums for each brand and so I would like to here from others here.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #2

Haven't lived in the 4000, but I full time in a Cyclone 300C. It is great to have the TH, but you do miss the extra room that the cargo box takes up unless you make it into an office. I use mine for my motorcycle and kayak. If you are traveling in the cold, the Cyclone's aren't the best insulated, but I use a portable heater that aids in keeping the temperature normal without running the furance. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck.
Nomadload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #3

I just bought a 3970 and the wife and I love it! Message me whatever questions you have. We plan to start fulltiming in it around the January time frame.
Mike
Old 11-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #4

Howdy!

We made our mind up yesterday. We got to look closely at several units both Cyclone and Voltage along with others. Without a dought the Cyclone won out. We could not find anything on the lot that met our wants and needs (full body paint, artic package, 7000 # axles, Goodyear G614 tires etc...) so we placed our build order for our new Cyclone 4000 Elite.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
Old 11-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #5

Congrats. You won't be disappointed. Post pics when it arrives
Nomadload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #6

Best of luck. Enjoy your new rig.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #7

We have a 2013 Voltage 3800 and love it. We have been full time now for 5 months. Only a couple of plumbing issues in the beginning. We have added slide out toppers, window awnings, a third AC in the garage and totally revamped the entertainment system in the garage...for us when our HD Triglide is not in the garage we convert to a nice den. As we ordered from the factory we did not have the Happy Jack system installed...leaves more of an open feel in the garage/den. Have not seen many I like better, except perhaps for a custom made New Horizons...but major dollars...and probably worth it...Make sure you have enough truck to stop it...I weigh out fully loaded at just over 19,000.
timneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timneill View Post
We have a 2013 Voltage 3800 and love it. We have been full time now for 5 months. Only a couple of plumbing issues in the beginning. We have added slide out toppers, window awnings, a third AC in the garage and totally revamped the entertainment system in the garage...for us when our HD Triglide is not in the garage we convert to a nice den. As we ordered from the factory we did not have the Happy Jack system installed...leaves more of an open feel in the garage/den. Have not seen many I like better, except perhaps for a custom made New Horizons...but major dollars...and probably worth it...Make sure you have enough truck to stop it...I weigh out fully loaded at just over 19,000.
Howdy!

Enough truck is not a problem. We're towing about 20,000 plus lbs now with our curent 5er and Idaho Tote. So our 4400 International 2L custom hauler will not have a problem.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon