Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:03 AM   #1

Question Cyclone Help

Is there any happy Cyclone owners out there????? I have done extensive research for all makes of toy haulers with patios and all makes have very negative reviews. I like the new model coming out for the Cyclone 4250. Is there anyone who is happy with their 2015 or 2016 cyclones, or does anyone know of anyone who is happy? This is the only layout that interest me so I am hoping that not everyone has had negative experiences??

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2015, 12:26 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Cyclone is pretty high production (putting out over 25 a day) and has therefor dropped in quality in the last few years. That said, I had the sister unit to it, a Road Warrior and had very good service from it. I have not seen specific reviews for floor models with patios. I would consider one if it was an overall floorplan I liked. I'm an XLR Thunderbolt fan so if I was in the market for a patio, I'd be after a 420AMP. I was in a couple when touring the plant a while back and was impressed with the layout. Good luck in your hunt Dawn....

Old 10-16-2015, 08:55 AM   #3

Cyclone Help

I will be visiting the plant hopefully myself in November. Thanks for the info on the 420AMP.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I have the road warrior 420(sister model to the cyclone). We have been happy with it. Few lights have gone out. And the built in vacuum exploded and quite. But other wise it seems to be put together about as well as any other unit.
Imurphy907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:51 AM   #5

Imurphy...you have 2016 unit and already have those issues...well just wait...you will have more. I say this because I have a nephew who is a service manager for a semi-national RV dealership, and their service department always has a Cyclone or Road Warrior (Heartland) and Voltage (Dutchmen) in their service department for repairs. Not just minor repairs either...they will be in for repairs weeks at a time, then they'll have the same customers back 2 and 3 months later for more repairs. These are due to what Taken was referring to...QUALITY CONTROL...Heartland and Dutchmen has virtually NO QC...and they don't really care because it hasn't effected their sales until this year. As long as the public keeps buying them without doing any or limited research...Heartland and Dutchmen will keep cranking out a good looking...but poor product. I hope yours is the exception...good luck with your new Road Warrior.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave1958 View Post
Imurphy...you have 2016 unit and already have those issues...well just wait...you will have more. I say this because I have a nephew who is a service manager for a semi-national RV dealership, and their service department always has a Cyclone or Road Warrior (Heartland) and Voltage (Dutchmen) in their service department for repairs. Not just minor repairs either...they will be in for repairs weeks at a time, then they'll have the same customers back 2 and 3 months later for more repairs. These are due to what Taken was referring to...QUALITY CONTROL...Heartland and Dutchmen has virtually NO QC...and they don't really care because it hasn't effected their sales until this year. As long as the public keeps buying them without doing any or limited research...Heartland and Dutchmen will keep cranking out a good looking...but poor product. I hope yours is the exception...good luck with your new Road Warrior.

If someone else had a floor plan like this...... Was never sold on the trailer, but it has a floor plan we could not beat.
Imurphy907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:25 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave1958 View Post
As long as the public keeps buying them without doing any or limited research...Heartland and Dutchmen will keep cranking out a good looking...but poor product. I hope yours is the exception...good luck with your new Road Warrior.
FYI - this is pretty much par for the entire course. There may be some high end exceptions (think 50-100% more) but largely they're rolled out on assembly lines, mass produced, workers aren't highly paid.. All so we can buy them at their current prices.

You can talk about which one is best, but there are no statistics that I know about in terms of production #s and major defects.

Assume that a new one will have issues. Even a $500k+ pusher will likely have issues.

What you have to sort out:
1) Will the factory support consumers directly.
2) What is the factory's typical response for problems (actually read their BBB responses).
3) Do they take accountability for "factory" issues that were found out of warranty?
4) What is their warranty? Unless you use your RV a lot the first year, you may not flush out all the major stuff.

And last, ask your dealer - the service manager - not the sales guy, "if I had to get a new roof today, how long is the wait time?" - you may find that it's 1-2 months just to get it in for service.

And be aware, often you can't get service unless you bought it at that dealer... That's the truth. They won't necessarily say no, but they will give you a 6-month wait time.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:35 PM   #8

If you have mechanical skills, consider the bottom line price. Ours was $65K MSRP. I paid $48K for a new Cyclone 3950. Have I had any problems: Heck, YES!!! Who cares? Part of living the RV life. Buy it right...fix it...enjoy it))
Old 04-04-2016, 08:38 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Iowa,
I'd agree with you. If a manufacturer would advertise it "take it or leave" it - or otherwise indicate a lack of support, buyers could pick and choose.

Instead, we're sold on things like a 15-year roof warranty and a nationwide dealer network only to learn the details of those promises months down the line...