Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2017, 09:09 PM   #1

Cyclone Patio Steps?

What do y'all do with your patio steps? We are currently tying them down in the middle of the garage floor, but I would love to have that floor space back. Does anyone have a creative storage method for the beastly steps?

Thanks,

Mike
Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2017, 09:44 PM   #2

Those patio steps were an option on my hauler as well. I had the same question you have; "How am I going to pack those things around?" I would have liked them but didn't get them cause I had no answer.

Maybe there is a business opportunity for folding aluminum steps...
Joe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe11 View Post
Those patio steps were an option on my hauler as well. I had the same question you have; "How am I going to pack those things around?" I would have liked them but didn't get them cause I had no answer.

Maybe there is a business opportunity for folding aluminum steps...
Same here. Actually they were part of the package for our unit and I had them removed and took $400 off the final cost.

Glad we decided to pass on the steps and save the money...we haven't missed having them yet.

We ended up keeping the recliner that many toy haulers include in the rear because we thought it might be a nice addition. We soon found it got in the way more than it was worth. Now the recliner is in my teenage son's bedroom in the S & B. If I had to do the deal over, I would have passed on that item too and saved a little more money. [emoji6]
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:29 PM   #4

I habe a gooseneck hitch and the steps fit between my tailgate and hitch without affecting the hitch. Not a solution for everyone, but why I am writing is I have also removed the cushion on the top bed in the garage and then set the cushion on the bottom bunk and raised then as close to the ceiling as I can get. I still have enough height to load the two ATVs I am home. Not sure if you have the same setup in your cyclone, and how tall the items you are carrying are but this may be a solution for you.
tbiesenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:42 PM   #5

Just a idea .Click image for larger version

Name:	20170514_174302.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	162631Click image for larger version

Name:	20170514_174241.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	162632
Old 05-23-2017, 06:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcmike View Post
Awesome idea Rcmike! The other option is using the top bunk, I would just need to drill new pin holes a few inches lower than the current height.

I think I may get a retractable boat ladder and just mount it outside the ramp door. So when the door is lowered, I can pull the ladder out.

Something like this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2078.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	162803
Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:09 PM   #7

I just lay them down in the garage when we travel. If I am taking a scooter, bicycles, etc. they lay flat in the main living room with the slides in. I didn't think they would be that useful but we found with a side patio they are used all the time as the main entrance to the rig. I don't carry the 2nd set that is for the rear patio. One set of stairs is plenty. Also I'm told they play a major support role for the patio if you put more than 4 people on it at a time. We don't.
lonewolftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:24 PM   #8

I leave them at home. Never used them.....
FireFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:12 PM   #9

We have a Voltage and wasnt an option to not get them. Never taken them with us so far and cant say we missed them at all. The same as others also mentioned in the recliner. Now resides in the shop at home.
Dkruchko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #10

I bungee mine to the happy jack bed rails that run up the side wall. Put a piece of fome between it and the wall to insulate for vibrations. Has worked well for us. Gets vertical and keeps it in place. I agree they support the side patio and are needed if you have multiple people on it. We don't bother with it for just overnite.
lonewolftx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steps