Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2006, 07:30 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
I for have a big itch to sell the toy hauler and get a class A, sorry to give in to the darkside!
I just have to figure out the water capacities

Steve
connor2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2006, 07:30 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I for have a big itch to sell the toy hauler and get a class A, sorry to give in to the darkside!
I just have to figure out the water capacities

Steve
Old 02-15-2006, 07:57 PM   #3

Oh no...Steve! Say it isn't so!

Dang..."lost another one to MH-Tech".

So whatdaya looking at? Any chance a new(er) TH or some Benedryl might help that itch? I know people who can post some great pics for ya!

Seriously, whatever you choose, you'll still be an iRV2'r, right?

Good luck!

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 04:43 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
fleetwood, gas motor 30-32'entry level, and yes i will still be an irv2'r
Old 02-20-2006, 04:59 PM   #5

So have you found one, or still looking? Are you in the trailer market also- if you're worried about water, you could try this...

Good luck! and glad to hear you'll still be dropping by!
Old 02-27-2006, 01:36 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
So have you found one, or still looking? Are you in the trailer market also- if you're worried about water, you could try this...

Good luck! and glad to hear you'll still be dropping by! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With the storage capacities for water on most MH's you may have to take Sean up on his suggestion. Hope you don't do alot of dry camping. We like the idea of the MH's especially for traveling and comfort. They seem to be alot more luxurious inside than the common TH but being able to unhook and go offroad is nice. I guess I can't talk to much about that since I pull my trailer with a HDT. But the HDT can still make it to alot of places. Good luck and we will see you back looking for another TH in a few years.

2006 Rampage 370 Toyhauler
lacofdfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:56 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
You know, Sean's picture gave me an idea. If you are using a MH and pulling an enclosed trailer for the toys, why not install a large water tank inside the trailer, put a 12V pump on it and carry extra water when needed. In fact you could even put in extra waste tanks too and use a macerator pump to send it back, put a dump valve arrangement on it and just dump them both (trailer and MH) at the dump.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:47 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
You know, Sean's picture gave me an idea. If you are using a MH and pulling an enclosed trailer for the toys, why not install a large water tank inside the trailer, put a 12V pump on it and carry extra water when needed. In fact you could even put in extra waste tanks too and use a macerator pump to send it back, put a dump valve arrangement on it and just dump them both (trailer and MH) at the dump. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> That is my plan and I wish that I thought of that earlier but it looks like the toy hauler is sold and I can get working on the class A.

Steve
Old 02-28-2006, 07:17 AM   #9

I'm switching also.
Not a Class A, but a Class C.
Jayco has the Diesel powered Class C and my buddy bought one.
No more stopping for food or the bathroom.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:09 AM   #10

Lincster,
Have you been hitting the bottle? Please tell me your not selling that beautiful Tow Boss!! If you are going Class C then what will you do with your truck and trailer? I wish you the best of luck but have a feeling we will be seeing you back here not to long after your purchase. Oh by the way my HDT doesn't require any more bathroom breaks either. But off course squattin on a porta potty is not quite as nice as squattin in a Class C bathroom. Can I say that Moderator Sean?

Old 02-28-2006, 05:36 PM   #11

OMG...I never thought I'd hear you say that Linc...what the heck up dude? That's a barnburner right there!
Old 02-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #12

Yep, got everything sold already, just waiting for dune season to be over. Not going to miss any trips.
Sorry fellas, but tired of stopping.
I take 3 trips a month. 1.5 hours average for each way. 3 hours per trip stopping for fuel or something. That adds up over 3 weekends a month and 6 months of the year.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:51 PM   #13

Wow...you got the "cat by it's tongue" here buddy...was it the stopping that made you turn? Fuel: every coach needs it, Potty breaks: every person needs it (and stopping roadside keeps it out of your tanks! )...I'd be curious to hear a little more! Dang it...got BOTH rigs sold? (Not that that's a big feat...you have/had the cream 'o the crop)...

I can only say 'wow' again...
Old 02-28-2006, 07:56 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lincster:
Yep, got everything sold already, just waiting for dune season to be over. Not going to miss any trips.
Sorry fellas, but tired of stopping.
I take 3 trips a month. 1.5 hours average for each way. 3 hours per trip stopping for fuel or something. That adds up over 3 weekends a month and 6 months of the year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lincster,
So what are you getting? Are you going Class C with an enclosed trailer in tow? How big of a class C etc. Give us some info we wanna here. THX and good luck.