Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #1

Angry Dealer Complaint/Lies

At the end of May we took our new Fuzion in after our shakedown trip for its various bugs. The biggest problem became that we needed a new rear door. Okay, no problem. Mike Thompson's RV had our trailer for 6 long weeks, forcing us to miss our 4th of July trip to Yosemite.
Now, keep in mind that on this 1st trip, I navigated a wrong trail and we scraped the entire truck and trailer with scrub brush; nothing deep but all the way down the trailer. So, we get the trailer back, door looks good, don't see the scratches, it seems to close and lock properly now.
Door works great for the next couple quick weekend trips.
Fast forward to this last trip- 8 days, door suddenly quits working well, doesn't shut/open easy, notice it doesn't mesh up at the top. Get home, wash trailer good- scratches appear that match the rest of the trailer!

Where the heck is my new door????? Called Keystone this morning, they confirmed that the door was authorized under warranty, but never ordered!
So, far the dealer has no answer as to what happened, except that we need to take it to their corporate store's body shop, but they will investigate the problem! This has only been 1 in a long line of hassles with them.

Will keep updated as I get information!

LadyFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sounds like they got busted I would keep on them and stay tough !!!

Old 10-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Did they tell you they replaced the door, or just that is was successfully repaired?
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
That's going to be the $1,000 question
Old 10-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #5

We were told the door was replaced. And, my point of contacting Keystone was to see if a new door had ever been ordered. They confirmed that it had been approved under warranty, however all the dealer ever ordered was our missing mini blinds, not the approved new rear door!

So, the real $1000 question, is to what I do with the dealer- they know I'll stay on them. I know the GM's wife, and I've gone through them before when we've had other problems with them. Yes, I should now get the door fixed, as its reported to Keystone that it was never replaced- but what about the lie and the 6 weeks they had our trailer for? I'll probably never get anything out of that.
LadyFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for a dealer to have an RV waiting on repairs for weeks...or months. It seems that warranty work is often relegated to the back of the lot while more "urgent" repairs are made for breakdowns, etc. It's annoying, but not at all unusual.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
I would ask what happened and let them know you contacted the manfacture and know the real truth they will squirm then