Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2005, 07:41 AM   #15

FatDog:

As a matter of fact, we're heading to Dumont tomorrow for the weekend with the sandrail...hopefully this will be our last weekend with our 37ft- should be sold by next week.

Thanks for the welcome- I've been pretty impressed with the discussions on iRV2- yours in particular for the humor!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2005, 03:25 PM   #16

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">alright 56Nomad, i'll chime in here again:
i have faced the very same quandry, and i'll tell you how we evolved our solution
originally we had the FB2200 for a couple years. it was a good size for papa bear, mama bear, and the little beast. we would bring a couple quads or one of the harleys or the kayaks. then the dreaded brother-in-law (and family) started to come with us. we needed more room. but the FB2200 was a great size for some of the county or beach parks we went to or for the offroading we did (and i'm not just talking pulling offroad at glamis - real offroading). i didn't want large just for the sake of getting large. it seems to me that a lot of guys go right out and get a 40'er just because they can and really limit themselves to where they can toss the anchor out at.
our 2nd WW was an LE3105. we got it a few years ago. great size for us since we now had 3 quads. it had no slide. perfect for a while.
but i now wanted the taller front bedroom (i'm 6'3") and the lure of the slide made our next move irresistable:
get the new LE that had the taller bedroom, increased storage, and get the most minimal length necessary to get a living room slide.
LE3305
I'll say one thing in in respect to WW, one of the times my wife-unit has been most perturbed at me was when i sold the FB2200 because we just had never had any problems with it. (Now she is kinda used to my knuckleheaded ways.) again she voiced consternation at selling the LE3105. so i took her thru a walkthru of one of the LE33 w/slide and she came right home and laundered and folded all my work clothes including my undershirts. that was a first.
in my lousy opinion those 40'ers are only good for all night poker parties and for people who have two dune buggies and 3 quads and only camp at glamis.
that 33 is just what Dr. Smart ordered for our multi-use family. if you have 5+ kids go 35', if you are the kind of guy who can have fun camping in a tent at Yosemite and don't panic when your hands get dirty, go 33'
F350 PSD 4x4 SRW, BanksBrake, FOX reservoir shocks, MagHytec, SuperChips, ;
LE3305 Weekend Warrior 5er;
'63 Panhead, '95 Springer, '99 RoadKing, quads
hound dogs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey fatdog,

I was re-reading your post and since my sister
Sandyfeet and bro-in-law may be seriously looking at the LE
I thought your comments were worth repeating

They're 99% on the way to putting their FB2200
up for sale

Sandyfeet.... is your computer on?

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 04:55 PM   #17

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
'56
your sister is SandyFeet ???
i didn't know that. She's from SantaCruz I think, which is where I lived for a while. those foothills are a great place to live. She had emailed me a time or two I think as she was RVing here and there last year but last year I was on a 'No Vacation' plan at work with work around the clock. All i could do was go out to the lot and wax my trailer on the weekends and not have too much time to use it. I'm pretty sure by the end of the year it was probably too heavy to tow what with all the wax on it. I've decided this year to either take a lot of time off or go nuts.

And like I was saying, that FB22 was a real sweetheart, but if they check out the LE, something tells me that there will be one more 'For Sale' add posted. That trailer is NICE!!!

Sandyfeet.... is your computer on?
And we're bring WWFan along as well, he's a Dumont rider..

Later guys,
Mike, Cordie, and lil' Zach
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:57 PM   #18

FatDog:

Time to go NOW!! Nothing like the present! Yesterday won't work!

Welll, actually, you've got (for this trip) 'til tomorrow PM. I noticed on one of your other posts it's time to get everyone together. I'm all for it!
Old 04-14-2005, 08:36 PM   #19

hey thats great WWFan,

my new trailer is a couple weeks from delivery and I am anxious to hit the asphalt with it, although this weekend I'm riding one of my bikes out to Yuma for the night.
But soon I'd like to be getting some trips to the sand and I also want to get some trips going up to the redwoods as well.
and,.. show some pics of the French door setup you have on the trailer you're selling; and did you plumb your air with copper running along the frame underneath or did you have it exiting at the rear vents? And if you dropped it down thru the flooring, where did you mount your compressor?
Oh, and my boy will be 13 in 4 months and he also is now smarter then me by listening to him talk. We just love it when he tells us how rock-and-roll is a recent phenominum and explains to us what it is all about. I would probably stake him to an ant hill but he is so handy to have around the campsite.
Mike
Old 04-14-2005, 08:52 PM   #20

Sounds like you're in the same boat I am...weeks away (you're closer) from getting the new "digs": mine is set to roll off WW's prod line on 5/21...got to add Sat dish, maybe Equinox (as we discussed earlier)...mods for 16's, 6v bats, etc.

Check my pictures on rvtrader.com....1995, WW, etc...I plan on doing the same on my new SLC- there's just no satisfaction with a Ramp screen (of which we still ordered- but will be avail for sail here soon).

About the 13yo'der...they'll all be the same...when you mention "tunes", I'm a "retired" DJ, that has a 2000watt system in my 1995. My boy has yet to discover anything other than "good ole' rock n' roll"...it's what I live for! But ask him how to fix his XR400's shifter- he grabs the vide-grips and keeps on goin'. Thank God for J-B Weld- I think it'll work for this weekend...I just tell him it's a form of 21st century bailing wire, and after that- he's on his own.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:05 PM   #21

Mike:

Oopps...forgot to answer your question about the "air"- I'm assuming you're talking about the on-board version. Simple: compressor is in front compartment, hardwired with a switch, and a simple "T" off to both sides- enough hose to reach from front to back.

That's the beauty of "neccessity is the mother of invention". Needed it once, twice, three times, and just decided to mount it to the coach. If I need it in the garage, the TH is 5ft from it. Believe me- I need it more in the desert than I ever needed it in the garage...
Old 04-14-2005, 09:16 PM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
1995 WW SLC3705 w/all the Goodies (French Doors, On-Board Air, etc- see rvtrader.com for details) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you give us a link for photos or the ad?

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:19 PM   #23

It would be my pleasure! http://www.rvtrader.com/rvdetail.php?id=78695
Old 04-18-2005, 10:46 AM   #24

Nice job with the doors.!
That is a first.
I think I'm doing Mrs. FatDog a favor when I finally got the rear ramp screen to keep out dust and flies, then some guy like you puts on French Doors.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:29 AM   #25

Mike:

Sorry 'bout that!! Does she get to look, or are you gonna keep it to yourself??!!

Hey...how was the ride? Yesterday was kinda windy, eh? Where'd 'cha go?
Old 04-18-2005, 05:39 PM   #26

Yea I suppose I'll show her the pics of the Frenchie Doors, hey, anything that keeps her going out there happy is good enough with me. (I just may get you to help with the install ... )

and we had a great ride. I've ridden with the same idiots for a hundred years it seems, and we just drive out to Yuma or Gila Bend or anywhere and stand around a big patch of dirt for a few days and drink a beer, look at-work on bike, keep an eye on the sun and then on the moon, repeat above, ....
we used to go to Kern, now its somewhere along the River just as long as they have dirt
Old 04-18-2005, 06:13 PM   #27

Mike:

OK...it's a deal, but I gotta built the new ones for the new TH first! Those will be custom-custom because the SLC doors are radiused. I'm going to built them out of steel (I can't weld alum or I'd do that and I can't afford to have them made)), then put the new double-pane windows with the built-in blinds in the frames. Of course, times is of the essence, and also in very short supply right now- but I guess I don't need to tell you that!!

Glad you had a great ride...sounds like you were overdue...I noted the "look at-work on bike"...I would assume you'd be talkin' 'bout your street bikes, because the quads should be bullet-proof, eh?? (Had to throw that in because I know HD doesn't make quads, or do they?!) I know- spoken like a true rice-burner lover (whose best-friend is a Honda delaer!).
Old 04-18-2005, 06:51 PM   #28

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... because the quads should be bullet-proof, eh?? (Had to throw that in because I know HD doesn't make quads, or do they?!) I know- spoken like a true rice-burner lover </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ooowwwwch, a shot across the bow
No quads from harley, and yes i know that the burners will and do run forever.
No we rode our streets which in this case were harleys. Some very nice, some very lucky, and all garage built, no paint no chrome. I will post some pics in the next few days of my bikes and work-in-progress. Nothing happens quickly in my garage. And I mean nothing. Ohh for a little time ...

So you are making your own doors. Very nice. Not using alum so i guess you are migging them.? Using some 1/2" square or something? And then double pane with built in blinds!. I would really like to see a pic of that whole process. Where do you find that glass setup? That is a real one of a kind and will look great shutting into the radiussed entryway. Beats the heck out of the 'main' entry door.