Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-25-2005, 11:49 AM   #1

We have made our mind up to purchase a 5th wheel Weekend Warrior
but actually seeing the 35 foot rig....... its really big!
Would the 33 foot be more practical in getting into the
more structured campgrounds? We don't need the cargo
space and the floor plans are exactly alike, except the
length of the rear cargo.
Going to the 31' model is out, because we loose the
slide out option. We do want a slide out.
Comments are very welcome. Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2005, 11:49 AM   #2

We have made our mind up to purchase a 5th wheel Weekend Warrior
but actually seeing the 35 foot rig....... its really big!
Would the 33 foot be more practical in getting into the
more structured campgrounds? We don't need the cargo
space and the floor plans are exactly alike, except the
length of the rear cargo.
Going to the 31' model is out, because we loose the
slide out option. We do want a slide out.
Comments are very welcome. Thanks.

Old 02-25-2005, 05:05 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
alright 56Nomad, i'll chime in here again:

i have faced the very same quandry, and i'll tell you how we evolved our solution

originally we had the FB2200 for a couple years. it was a good size for papa bear, mama bear, and the little beast. we would bring a couple quads or one of the harleys or the kayaks. then the dreaded brother-in-law (and family) started to come with us. we needed more room. but the FB2200 was a great size for some of the county or beach parks we went to or for the offroading we did (and i'm not just talking pulling offroad at glamis - real offroading). i didn't want large just for the sake of getting large. it seems to me that a lot of guys go right out and get a 40'er just because they can and really limit themselves to where they can toss the anchor out at.

our 2nd WW was an LE3105. we got it a few years ago. great size for us since we now had 3 quads. it had no slide. perfect for a while.
but i now wanted the taller front bedroom (i'm 6'3") and the lure of the slide made our next move irresistable:
get the new LE that had the taller bedroom, increased storage, and get the most minimal length necessary to get a living room slide.

LE3305

I'll say one thing in in respect to WW, one of the times my wife-unit has been most perturbed at me was when i sold the FB2200 because we just had never had any problems with it. (Now she is kinda used to my knuckleheaded ways.) again she voiced consternation at selling the LE3105. so i took her thru a walkthru of one of the LE33 w/slide and she came right home and laundered and folded all my work clothes including my undershirts. that was a first.

in my lousy opinion those 40'ers are only good for all night poker parties and for people who have two dune buggies and 3 quads and only camp at glamis.
that 33 is just what Dr. Smart ordered for our multi-use family. if you have 5+ kids go 35', if you are the kind of guy who can have fun camping in a tent at Yosemite and don't panic when your hands get dirty, go 33'
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 05:53 PM   #4

FatDog,

Thanks for you good input. Great minds think
alike

We just ordered the 33' LE with the slide out
and the 2 Bay windows. Also went with the
fiberglass exterior.

We are happy campers

Anyone interested in an 2003 22ft Weekend Warrior (FB 2200)?
Old 03-07-2005, 07:29 PM   #5

DUDE,,, WOW<,, Welcome to the 5er World.. now we be Bruders.

2006 Ford King Ranch F350DW 4X4 w/Towpac 6.0
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:14 PM   #6

Ok, now we have to get serious...
Old 03-14-2005, 11:50 AM   #7

SWEET

2006 Ford King Ranch F350DW 4X4 w/Towpac 6.0
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 04:31 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
ATTA BOY!

You are gonna love those triple axles. (and everything else)
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 04:53 PM   #9
EAB

I see people post the msrp on Weekend Warriors, where do they come up with these prices. Not in the window at the dealers right?

2005 Thor Tahoe 33ft 5th wheel
EAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:39 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EAB:
I see people post the msrp on Weekend Warriors, where do they come up with these prices. Not in the window at the dealers right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supply and demand?

Always negociate. Never, ever, ever,
consider paying MSRP
Old 03-16-2005, 07:01 PM   #11
EAB

How do you figure 25% off msrp if you dont know where to find the actual #?

2005 Thor Tahoe 33ft 5th wheel
EAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 07:44 PM   #12

EAB

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I see people post the msrp on Weekend Warriors, where do they come up with these prices. Not in the window at the dealers right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, on the sticker at the dealer they PROBABLY have MSRP posted.
But you can go online to a handful of the larger dealers (most WW dealers since you mentioned WW in your previous post) and not only find the base MSRP but also list price for every option that they have available. And then from this combined list figure you can anticipate some percentage of discount. Different areas of the West have dealers that offer different discounts, but often 20-25% is feasible.
Is this what you are asking? If you have further questions regarding the MSRP, list what sort of trailer you are eyeballing, and I'll show you some typical figures.
Mike
Old 04-13-2005, 08:14 PM   #13

Most "structured" campgrounds can't even handle 33 or 35...if you're talking about State or Natl Parks...maybe 27 or 29 if you're lucky. Private campgrounds have had to react to demand, and the demand has been for larger coaches if you're a Toybox. Of course, the Gov't (except maybe NASA), is way behind in what people are into these days!

Given that, you can either think smaller, or think larger! How 'bout a 37ft? I've got a WW Cal Classic, the lower profile that is easier to get into forested areas (such as The Grand Canyon campground-barely!) and it's for sale! Just look on rvtrader.com for a 1995 @ $17,500. We're ordering a new SLC3905 with an extra two feet, but then again, we've got some toys (XR400, 350X, and a Wrangler) to get into it. More room, and yes, longer, but if you can navigate a 35, you can navigate this one!

Whatever you do...get one! You'l love it!!
Old 04-13-2005, 08:27 PM   #14

Yea WWFan,

Welcome to iRV2!

the toyboxes sure do seem to be coming into their own these days. They have gotten big and comforatable. I also had one of those lower profiles for a few years and it could get you into some of the older County parks.
Congrats on your SLC3905. You have a great trailer on the way. I think Tom from OK. here on this forum has the same trailer (along with one of everything else under the sky to put into it.) I see those trailers all over out here.
And by the way, ... again welcome;
you camp at Dumonts or Glamis?

Mike