Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-06-2005, 09:31 PM   #29

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
the only reason i'm reading this depressing thread is because Big Buford mentioned free steak at Eric's house at the BBQ in his first post. ....
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike..... check this out

We're paying the same price for gas in '05 as we did in 1982

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2005, 10:33 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
You know, I have a real problem with the crap about the prices with inflation. I thought we didn't have any inflation for quite a while. Give me a break. In fact, give me some Fuel!

Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:46 PM   #31

Yeah Tom! Did you notice that every time you hear any news that they ecquate the curent price by saying "But it's still nott where it was in the earli eighties...adjusticated for inflation"?

Hey...hold on...what happened to the spell checker?! Got to git thes thinhgy fissed..its gawing wilt!

Old 08-07-2005, 06:33 PM   #32

I wanted to top off before we take off tomorrow.

Yikes... even the cheapest Safeway bumped their
price to $2.99/gal

As I got fuel.... the Shell station changed their
price to $3.25
Old 08-08-2005, 08:37 PM   #33

UUUUGggggg.. The Dodge is sure getting expensive to drive.
I guess that means I will just have to ride the harley to work everyday... bummer...

I just gota watch out for little red cars that Like to hit me..
Hey BB... Hope to see ya sometime soon.

2006 Ford King Ranch F350DW 4X4 w/Towpac 6.0
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:49 PM   #34

Oh darn...get to ride the Harley...

Just getting our F350, I'm on the "oh darn...CAN'T drive my new dually", but can drive the Jeep! The only reason that works is because regular unleaded is about 50 cents cheaper than diesel, because the Jeep doesn't get any better mileage than the truck does!
Old 08-11-2005, 07:43 PM   #35

Sean, Same reason my wife is making me drive the Honda and she the Tahoe to work. Might be riding my skate board soon! Time to read about Bio Diesel

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:46 PM   #36

Oh no...THAT'S IT...Chevron, Shell, and all you other derelic fuel compannies...we can't have our mightiest driving a HONDA to work...whats-a-madda-wit-cho? Look what you've done!

This outta get their attention...
Old 08-11-2005, 08:54 PM   #37

Just found a connection, man you guys don't want to know how much this trip is going to cost me.

The lowest I've paid is $2.42, highest will be on the way back home...

Sean, been stiring up trouble again I see...

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:57 PM   #38

Man...you must be on, like, 300 baud...I haven't seen those rates since my Apple II!!

Get ready to take it in the shorts when you come home...it's ab-o-lute-ly NASTY out here...lowest I've seen is $3.11...and the word is it's gonna be that way for a while. Poor 'ol Betsy is sittin' I tell ya...

Get your buttt back home...we miss ya!!
Old 08-11-2005, 09:00 PM   #39

Ok guys, I have to be a bit of a girl here and ask what you might think of as a dumb question... (this might have already been mentioned on this thread, but I couldn't find it) I remember when diesel used to be cheaper than gas (I even think that was a reason for buying a diesel vs gas car/truck) what happened to make diesel more $$$ than regular or even supreme unleaded? Please help me get a clue. Thanks for the info.

xoxoxo,
Deb
Old 08-11-2005, 09:02 PM   #40

I'll be heading back home like Monday night or Tuesday. Helping the kids get settled here in an apartment. Rains every afternoon like a cow p****** on a flat rock...

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:14 PM   #41

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fabulous Deb:
Ok guys, I have to be a bit of a girl here and ask what you might think of as a dumb question... (this might have already been mentioned on this thread, but I couldn't find it) I remember when diesel used to be cheaper than gas (I even think that was a reason for buying a diesel vs gas car/truck) what happened to make diesel more $$$ than regular or even supreme unleaded? Please help me get a clue. Thanks for the info.

xoxoxo,
Deb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Deb:

One of, I believe, is Chevron's plants up north is down (of course- they say it's the one that is a "big diesel producer", but when in fact, they ALL make diesel...it's part of the process in making gas), and it just then comes down to supply & demand. I also heard that diesel was being stocked up more, so someone in their infinte wisdom, found that selling it to another country could make them more money. CHina has been a big culprit in our recent woes, including cement, steel, and other commodities.

And as long as we're on this subject...I'm just about as right-wing as one can get, but when it comes down to a product that 100% of the population needs, I really do think some regulation is in order. Think of it...electricity was fine until they 'messed with it', trying to make it a capitalistic venture, and what did we get? 10 years of contracts that are the highest in the nation (thanks, Gray!). There is supply vs. demand, but when demand is 100%, then supply becomes an issue. Then business tries to figure out how to screw with supply. The electric companies got away with it, and just left a lesson for the oil companies to use for their own good...
Old 08-11-2005, 09:17 PM   #42

Thanks for the info...now I don't feel so dumb.

Deb