Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-28-2005, 10:11 PM   #85

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
I'm gonna go right straight out on a limb here and say that we need some regulation...I'm a bonafide Republican, but I'm sick and tired of the companies who get to do this type of thing where there is 100% demand. Companies gobbling up other companies and the SEC not giving a rat's patootee. Thank God the Chinese weren't able to buy Unocal...there was some sense that got plowed into that issue- how that happened- I don't know.

I am a firm believer that anything where 100% of the population (or really close- you know what I mean) needs a product, like electricity, water, or any other of other bare neccessities, we should have some protection by the government (that's what we pay them the big bucks for, right?). Powerplants? We need powerplants? Build them, or make it easier to build them-(screw the gray, blue, white, or whatever else plant, bird, or lizard, or even worse- tree hugger- that seems to get in the way).

Look at our CA energy crisis...where to start...dumba$$ govenor who didn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground, and got us into 10-year contracts at a ridiculous rate, to energy companies taking their equipment offline to drive the price up- all in the name of trying to make the market competitive. WE get policed at the driving over the speed limit to not wearing sealtbelts, to making an improper right turn, to not having current tags- where is there any liability for these companies and politicians NOT playing by the rules of morality?

This country's going down the proverbial he!! in a handbasket if we don't start AGAIN with instilling some moral fiber into what we are, what we do, and what we stand for. Then, and only if we start NOW, could we ever hope that our offspring will exhibit some of the moral fortitude that we need as a country and as individuals. and I'm not talking neccessarily about joining a church (although I started there, but let's not 'go there' for the sake of this convo)...we all know (or should- THANKS Mom & Dad) the difference between right and wrong. It's downright insulting to us that know better some of the new stories that come about and what people AREN'T held accountable for.

OK...what else....that's enough...my 2 cents have been expunged.

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean, you're a good man.... I would definately vote for you for President

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2005, 10:20 PM   #86

Lady Di and I just got back from filling up both
the truck, car and all our gas containers before
the prices spike higher from the hurricane. Ouch!

60 gallons in the toyhauler now might save $60 bucks
next week

Old 08-29-2005, 06:44 AM   #87

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Good move Rod. Oil futures this morning are above $70 a barrel. I filled up yesterday also. $2.76, 87oc.

Oh, thought I would add..summer is over here in the high dessert. 45` now and a possible frost tomorrow morning. We'll have some more days in the 80s but cool overnight. Personally I'm glad to see fall. I don't like to sweat. Did that too much in the Army
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 07:05 AM   #88

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Sean, you get my vote also! Can we start a campaign?? I'm about as conservitive as one can sensibly be and I'll agree that in the interest of our survival as a free republic constraints are needed on commodities necessary for our economy. For over 30 years both sides of the political isle have been selling our interest off shore. How many Americans know that Japans investment in the Alaska pipeline gauranteed them oil in perpertuity. Or that Canadas agreement to have the pipeline traverse Canada waived rail tariffs into the US. And of course there is much more. Sean for President! Toy Haulers in the Cabinet!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:51 PM   #89

....If I fillup everything I require 450 gallons of Diesel fuel....so I have to leave the fancy women alone for at least a week maybe the dog doesn't get any more of those milkbones he gets the rawhide bones and I have to give up several other vices....mainly rental movies and I have to cut my happy workers hours some and cut bonus ....oh well...geofkaye
Old 08-30-2005, 11:17 AM   #90

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and I have to cut my happy workers hours some and cut bonus ....oh well... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
didn't Henry Ford once astonish people by doubling the wages of his employees and similtaneously cut the price of his new cars by a half, and (still continue offering the full range of black-only paint options) ??
.. some of his ideas apparently worked out quite well

Edsel FatDog
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:34 AM   #91

Here's an entertaining take on the subject.

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:54 PM   #92

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diirk:
Here's an entertaining take on the subject. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>LMAO

06 Rampage 387
RRC/AMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:02 PM   #93

I just saw a news report of $6.07 diesel in Atlanta, Ga. YIKES.
high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:33 PM   #94

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diirk:
Here's an entertaining take on the subject. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aint' that the truth.

2005 Attitude 26'FSAK
Crime Pays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:08 PM   #95

So now the station owners in the gulf states will raise prices to cash in on the natural disaster (price goughing) and the news media will make a big deal out of it, which in turn will give the station owners elsewhere in the US a reason to also raise prices to screw us all.

I feel bad for everybody that was effected by the hurricane, and I have asked my chief if we as a fire service in So Cal have any ability to send manpower to help our brother firefighters in Louisana, Mississippi, and Alabama. I know that a number of SAR teams have been sent to help rescue people, but I believe the Firefighters and Police who work and live there need relief also to deal with their families and homes. Hopefully relief will be on the way soon for those guys and gals.

Sadly though, also on the way are those people who will try to capitalize on the problem by raising prices on goods needed to put life back to normal. The gas station owners now have another reason to get rich quick, and suppliers of needed goods will raise prices also, we see it all the time.

It's during these types of natural disasters that we see the best and worst in people. Many people risk their own lives to assist or rescue people who are trapped and in need of help. The police and fire personal forgo dealing with their own property to help others. We see stories of residents going block to block searching for the neighbors who need help. I take my hat off to all of those people, for they are heros in times like this. But we also see on TV the low lifes in society doing nothing but taking advantage of the situation by looting everything they can. Yes I can see someone getting food and water to survive, but when they are carrying big screen TV's and stereos and expensive items of clothing and furniture, well thats where we see the worse our society has to offer. That's when I believe we need to go back to the wild west days and shoot first and ask questions later. And now I just heard on Fox that there are guys riding around in trucks with weapons robbing and shooting at police and fire personal. It just really makes you wonder...

And the really sad part is that some police officer or firefighter or citizen will defend themself against these low lifes and the low life will get hurt or die, and the ACLU will eventually sue that officer, firefighter or citizen and they will lose everything they have left to their name.

Where has our society gone wrong, where the looters have more rights than the people sworn to protect the life and property of those same people...

My prayers to all those effected by Kat...

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:43 PM   #96

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> But we also see on TV the low lifes in society doing nothing but taking advantage of the situation by looting everything they can. Yes I can see someone getting food and water to survive, but when they are carrying big screen TV's and stereos and expensive items of clothing and furniture, well thats where we see the worse our society has to offer. That's when I believe we need to go back to the wild west days and shoot first and ask questions later. And now I just heard on Fox that there are guys riding around in trucks with weapons robbing and shooting at police and fire personal. It just really makes you wonder...

And the really sad part is that some police officer or firefighter or citizen will defend themself against these low lifes and the low life will get hurt or die, and the ACLU will eventually sue that officer, firefighter or citizen and they will lose everything they have left to their name.

Where has our society gone wrong, where the looters have more rights than the people sworn to protect the life and property of those same people...

My prayers to all those effected by Kat...

Clark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clark, to the best of my knowledge the Gov. of Louisiana has declared Marshall Law in that state. I cant stand to see those looters walking down the street with two thirty packs of bud light, or a DVD player, cash register etc.... I dont condone violence however if it's not a necessity then KEEP YOUR DAD GUM HANDS OFF IT!!!

2005 Attitude 26'FSAK
Old 08-31-2005, 05:27 PM   #97

10-4 CP...just saw where they're stealing furniture also...but the New Orleans mayor has told 1500 policemen to move over to looting duty, so maybe it'll be better...

BTW...heard about this one the way home...http://gaswatch.energy.gov/ if you see any gas stations getting ridiculous at their pricing...

Sean
Old 08-31-2005, 05:51 PM   #98

WWFan thats a great site I actually have one to report just for the he!! of it. A local gas station had #2 diesel for $2.99 yesterday and today it's $3.15. I dont know if thats gouging but thats more than a 5% increase in 24hrs.I know its probably nothing compared to the gouging going on out east, but unless that money is going to help victims of Kat. I want my money back.
CP

2005 Attitude 26'FSAK