Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2005, 05:30 PM   #99

Good idea...I don't know what the true definition of 'gouging' is either (other than if the act takes some serious skin, greenbacks, or property from a person, I think that'll fly), but I do know that our market is COMPLETELY partitioned from theirs in the gulf, other than market crude prices- our environmental processes required here in CA are totally different that theirs- so their stock (or lack thereof) wouldn't affect us anyway. The ONLY thing that would affect us is if the market there goes haywire and our refineries start selling our supplies to them. THAT'S one of the protections that I firmly believe needs to be in place, as I spoke of earlier in this thread.

It's just a guess, but I think those gas companies there are going to make getting their production up and running Numero Uno- they are seeing $$$$ fly past their eyes at an unbelievable rate right now...

Sean
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2005, 06:07 PM   #100

Amen WW, Amen.

CP

2005 Attitude 26'FSAK
Crime Pays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:15 PM   #101

I went by an Exxon on Aviation Blvd near LAX yesterday, diesel $3.29.9 It's funny, I have seen the same station one of the lowest priced stations around, now one of the highest priced.

How long will it take for diesel to go back down and gas to be overcharged again?

Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:46 PM   #102

Clark:

I think that's one of the phenonomen of "zone pricing"- bewilder the customers with deceit and dysfunction-sort of like "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle 'em with BS"... boy...sure wish my task of being our company's margin guru could come up with something like that! Darn customers are just too used to consistency!

Oh well...grin & bear it? and buy stock in Vaseline?
Old 09-02-2005, 07:05 PM   #103
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Don't forget the KY Jelly!
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:33 PM   #104

Tom- does it really matter which J&J product you use? I feel so silly calmouring up to the checkstand with KY in my hand...can I still use good 'ol Vaseline? It sure does stick alot better! (AS the fuel prices will!).

$3.49 in the High Desert this last weekend...at that rate, I'll be lucky to have 5,000 on it by the end of the year (have 4400 now)...

And BTW...if anyone really wanted to make a difference, shop around for the best gas...I noticed yesterday the Ontario Mills Unocal @ 2.65 for unleaded, and 1/2 mile away on the North side of the Mall there were people paying $2.95/gal at the Shell...wassup with that?! I caught one guy going in to pay and mentioned to him he could get it 30 cents cheaper around the corner, and he split.

Then I needed some today, went to the Unocal, and paid $2.91/gal...go figure. I'm a firm believer that: A) if you've got time, and b) you want lower gas prices, and c) if you spend $3.00 and 2 miles to look for a cheaper price, then we'll ALL be better off. Those who pay the higher prices are just condoning the profit levels of these 'looters'.

My OTHER $0.02...
Old 09-09-2005, 03:53 PM   #105
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good news!

No, the sky isn't falling, the gas prices are. Down from 3.29 to 2.65 here for unleaded, Diesel is down to 2.54.

Probably won't last, think I'll take a chance and fill everything up. Guess they knew I wanted to go camping next weekend.

You know, its pretty bad when we rejoice at 2.50 plus.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:29 PM   #106

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You know, its pretty bad when we rejoice at 2.50 plus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy Tom:

Ain't that the truth...still about $3.29 for diesel around here ($2.93 for UL)...Moski wants to fill up the SLC's 60 gallons, but I think I'll wait a tad o time before I have to fork out...can't seem to be able to stomach a $180 fillup bill yet.

Sean
Old 09-09-2005, 05:36 PM   #107

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Diesel is down to 2.54.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK...that's it! We're moving to Oklahoma!

Weekend Warrior LE3305
King Salami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:36 PM   #108
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hang loose, I think from what I've seen around here the price might come down a little.

Kinda like speaking for everyone else! Price might go up tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:43 PM   #109

Hey King!!! How the heck are ya?!

They better come down a whole bunch, otherwise there's gonna be some he!! to pay for someone...but I got to admit- even this first week that school's back in session, the traffic situation's been alot better...hummm....traffic?...Gas prices...whiiiicccchhh one!!
Old 09-09-2005, 05:50 PM   #110
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey King, good to see you in here.

We gots lots of room but little area for ATV's. Only place in the state with real dunes is called little sahara out in western Ok. BUT, fuel is a little cheaper. Come on down!
Old 09-09-2005, 07:35 PM   #111

I think the prices are gonna come down quite a bit in the next week or so...there's just no way this level can sustain itself.

If it wasn't for the fact that it'll take me about $100 just to go East to get out of the state, I'd take you up on that Tom!!
Old 09-09-2005, 10:57 PM   #112
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If it wasn't for the fact that it'll take me about $100 just to go East to get out of the state, I'd take you up on that Tom!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tell you what, Come on out, I'll have a place to put you with hookups, Pooper optional.