Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:18 AM   #1

Has anyone replaced their OEM thermostat on a WW FS model with a digital thermostat?. All I want to control is the heater.
If you have done this mod can you post the manufacturer/model you used and a wiring diagram?

TB

PS, I have done a search and only came up with one thread where someone was adding a second A/C.

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2007, 05:18 AM   #2

Has anyone replaced their OEM thermostat on a WW FS model with a digital thermostat?. All I want to control is the heater.
If you have done this mod can you post the manufacturer/model you used and a wiring diagram?

TB

PS, I have done a search and only came up with one thread where someone was adding a second A/C.

WW FS2300
Old 02-28-2007, 07:00 AM   #3

Hey TB....wassup buddy?

This is one of the mods I'd like to get to- I just keep forgetting to get to Wal-Mart to look at these Hunter thermostats...

Ken Lenger has a really good explanation of this mod here.

Let us know if you do it and how it works!
Thanks!
Old 03-02-2007, 06:51 AM   #4

I just bought the same Hunter Thermostat and I am installing tis weekend. If you would like pic's lemme know.

2BlueHeelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:39 PM   #5

We tried installing a programable thermostate (like the one mentioned above). Turns out we have a 12vDC furnace and the thermostat was 24vDC. As a matter of fact, ALL the thermostats we looked at were 24vDC and most stated they would not work on 12vDC. We ended up getting a regular manual thermostat for 12vDC furnaces.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:45 AM   #6

Mine is not programmable and workes GREAT! Simple to install and runs on AA bateries.

Hunter 42999b

Old 03-03-2007, 06:23 PM   #7

I bought the Hunter 42999 today, will install it tomorrow.

TB

WW FS2300
Old 03-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #8

It's easy to install and 10 hundred percent more accurate than the cr@ppy Dometic pos I threw away

Old 03-04-2007, 06:23 AM   #9

I have wanted to replace the thermostats in my motorhome for as long as I can remember, mainly due to the poor repeatability of the on - off cycle, but..., the coach has two heating / cooling zones(front and rear on a 36' coach). Both thermostats are mounted up in the front with remote sensors to each of the zones.

Any idea how the sensors interface to the new thermostats??
Old 03-04-2007, 07:14 AM   #10

Any of you guys have this wire combination, red purple white blue green brown,original thermostat is Duo Therm on a 07 Warrior LE.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:30 AM   #11

I installed the Hunter 42999 thermostat this morning and it was a piece of cake. Two wires, white wire to the W terminal and red wire to the RH terminal. I just left the factory supplied red jumper wire between RH & RC and added my red wire to the RH terminal, two screws to mount it to the wall and done.
It is also nice to be able to just glance at the display window to see the current inside temp.
Second best $24 I ever spent on my TH next to the IQ4 smart charger.

TB

WW FS2300
Old 03-28-2007, 07:13 AM   #12

Just did this mod with a RiteTemp Therm model #8025 from Home Depot. Currently on sale from $30 to $10. I use it only for heat and it is a simple install that took all of 5 min. The directions on the web pg actually instruct on RV install. I highly recommend it and love being able to see the digital read out from across the room.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to Ace_Clark
I replaced my Duo Therm with a Honeywell model I got from Home Depot for my house. I liked it alot, but it was sticking way too far out that it would be easy to bump it as you walked along it. Not only that, it is a single speed for the fan. Since, I am low on cash, I haven't put anymore money on this project and just put the junkie Duo Therm back on. Mind you, it has two speed settings and in Texas, you really want that cold air flowing! When money comes in, I want a RV model or home model, but has to have three speeds as my Brisk Air AC has three speeds.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #14

I have a duo therm stat, and the wiring colors are not as depicted in the how-to. I also have a separate stat for the rear of the coach. What I need are where the designated wire taps, regardless of color, go on the Hunter stat, designation by designation. For example, G on the Duo Therm goes to G on the Hunter, or wherever it actually goes. I tried to do it following the posted schematics, and it just wasn't happening for me, so I reinstalled the old one hoping for some online help. Thanks in advance very much.