Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:07 PM   #1

A few days into our first trip the carpet was getting super dirty. We could sweep the linoleum but sweeping carpet leaves a lot of dirt behind.

I was going to buy a small portable vacuum and store it in the basement storage compartment. But I changed my mind when I found the Dirt Devil Central Vacuum at RVupgrades.com.

The installation was simple and the vacuum works great.

Wes

high desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2005, 06:07 PM   #2

A few days into our first trip the carpet was getting super dirty. We could sweep the linoleum but sweeping carpet leaves a lot of dirt behind.

I was going to buy a small portable vacuum and store it in the basement storage compartment. But I changed my mind when I found the Dirt Devil Central Vacuum at RVupgrades.com.

The installation was simple and the vacuum works great.

Wes

Old 09-12-2005, 06:48 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I installed the same unit in our motorhome. It's amazing how well it picks up dirt. Seems like with kids and camping, there's always plenty of dirt around. Nice job
Old 09-12-2005, 08:07 PM   #4

Oh Geeez....Wes...haven't got alot of other 56mods done yet, and you bring out the most expensive and most inticicing, and my DW's birthday is coming up next month!! (Yeah...like that'll fly...been there- done that, and ain't gonna go there!)

Man...I had to puruse the WWW a tad to see exactly what the buzz was about this unit...I'm a little skeptical about the power (one guy said it's more powerful than his shopvac- I'd say he needs a new shopvac, but then...what do I know!).

Did you get that fandangled beater brush unit for the $268.99? BTW...that darn CW wants $359 (Club Price for it- gawd I hate that place. Man have they brainwashed a poopload of peeps- I'd rather shop at a pawn shop).

Good job!! Like the install in the cabinet...is it noisy? What about the bag...is it in the powerhead? And what's the red plug sitting next to it in your pic?

Sean
Old 09-12-2005, 08:38 PM   #5

Hi Sean,

You've got that right........Rule #1 to marital bliss.....No appliances as gifts. Better get her one of these.

The vac while not as powerful as a shopvac has a surprising amount of power. I'm really happy with it.

The beater brush that you get is the far left attachment in my pic. It's a little narrow but it does a good job.

The noise level is acceptable.....Better then a lot of portables.

The bag is in the main unit. The end that has "Dirt Devil" printed on it comes off and the bag is in there.

And.......about that plug......there is a hole there that WW felt was necessary for some reason. I can't figure any reason for it. I think it was a DUH!! on the part of the professional coach builders at WW. I put the plug in to keep out the elements.

Wes
Old 09-12-2005, 10:35 PM   #6

Hey Wes,

Your storage cabinet is different than mine....I have my 30 amp charger/convertor mounted to the left of the plug....and the convertor is plugged into that mystery plug that you have. I Also have my complete 110 breaker panel just in front of your vacuum setup....and under the plug about where your vacuum is is my second breaker panel that I installed that is 20 amp and feeds my front air conditioner. SO in my case I don't have the room to add that cool little vacuum deal....by I am jealous......

James

2006 F-350 CC, Diesel, SRW, LB
jab3143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:40 AM   #7

Hi James,

Ooooooh...so that's the reason I have that hole in the floor. Somebody forgot to tell the guy with the hole saw that they were changing the location of the breaker panel/inverter. Mine is under the stove. They forgot to tell the "safety decal guy" also....there were high voltage warning decals on the door of the compartment. The only thing that was originally in this compartment is the 12 volt fuse block and cut-off.

Wes
Old 09-13-2005, 01:47 PM   #8

Now that is sweet. A girl could get used to seein' her guy use that...Rooodddd, I have a new mod for you!

Good work
Deb
Old 09-13-2005, 02:35 PM   #9

Hi Fab Deb how are are? Its times like this when I'm glad my wife never reads IRV2. when we went to Pismo we did not even think about a vacume. Boy was that a mistake! Not sure if we need somthing this elaborate though but it is nice. Glad my wife won't see it!!!

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:16 PM   #10

This is such a great mod, that JUST FOR YOU Donno, I'm gonna send a printed copy to Jennifer- that's if FabDeb HASN'T already!!

What great Christmas gift, ey?
Old 09-23-2005, 06:51 AM   #11

HaHaHaHaHa Don't you dare! I have enough to do turning the kitchen into bilit!

Griz

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:02 PM   #12

I didn't like the way the off-white vac outlet looked so I just replaced it with a white one from rvupgrades.com. Looks much better in the WW imo.

Wes
Old 02-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #13

Wes:

I'm getting real close to starting this mod...did you see that they lowered the price down to $253?

I just wish I would have ordered it a little sooner so I could give it to Moski tomorrow

Thanks for getting this one back up on the heap!

Sean
Old 02-13-2006, 03:40 PM   #14

I saw the price drop, seems I'm always a day early and pay a dollar too much.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just wish I would have ordered it a little sooner so I could give it to Moski tomorrow </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You owe it to your neighbors not to start an earthquake! There's been enough of those lately.