Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2005, 05:29 PM   #15

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
Marianne! I know by now Who's Who in the SC Crowd Department! I read Howie's post that he was letting Dianne take care of it for him (now that I re-read the post, I cudda sworn he said something about Lady Di making the decision! Howie? Did you change your post buddy and not tell me? ). and I kinda knew you were letting Nicky take care of your side!
Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for splainin' that, Sean. Now I know what you're talking about. It's clear as mud!
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2005, 07:17 PM   #16

Hey..no problem...mud will be mud! [Waiting for Howie to chime in here and make the mud more translucent]
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:28 AM   #17

I can tell You people a easy way to find any sat.signal is if You have a old Dir.T.V.card rec.box hook up to your dish and turn on to sig.point with compass tune in to sat110 or 119 the screen on any T.V.shows the sat.& str.meter also the sound stays one when it locks 85-96 that's a good signal. Also if you have a dual cone the dish has to tilt about 4* right to get both sat.or You can use one cone dish and tape a sec.cone on left side and get it that way also but you also need a sig.switcher both ways for the two cones.remember tune T.V.to Chan.3or4 same as dish.receiver box.Have fun its not all that hard takes longer to set up the T.V.and the rec. box then 5min.tops
Old 12-06-2005, 10:21 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">TOM, where are you when I need some help, these WW guys are trying to get me to change to DTV </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Warren, what am I gonna do with you. Don't you know that there is no left in Ca, or west for that matter, its all east. Course, in Texas its all upside down anyway.

I was trying to stay out of this little mess but since you insist. Dish, direct, it all works, just have to get adjusted to what you need to do. I can set my dish network 500 dish up in no time as long as I can get a shot at the birds. When using a dish 500 dish you need it skewed a certain amount. Mine stays fixed all the time so I don't know what the amount is but the 119 bird is to the west of the 110 bird. If using a round dish you are just looking for one satellite anyway so just go after 119. If your elevation is not correct you usually get the 110 but not the 119. Number one thing!!! Make sure your dish is mounted exactly vertical before looking for the satellites, makes things sooo much easier. Lay the level on it from both sides and make sure the mount is straight up first, then check the compass for south, then watch your signal finder and slowly swing the dish to the west of south, I usually go to the second bird I see and thats usually 119. My results may not be yours so practice, practice, practice.

Those automatics take all the fun out of it.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:53 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
You have to watch Warren and his Aussie dish...you know, the upside down rig....

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:39 PM   #20
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Let me jump in here, as as soon to be toy hauler owner and a long time pop-up owner who had Direct and now dish. I don't know if I missed something or not, but you said you have the tri pod and a satellite signal meter. If you have the tripod with the scale on it, use your compass and find North, aim the north on the tripod to the same place. mount the dish and again using your compass and the angles you got from the zip code, point th dish. With the signal meter hooked up , slowly turn the dish right and left about 15 degrees on the scale till the meter pegs adjust it per its instructions and keep going till it peeks. check the meter on the TV to be sure you have the right satellite and strong signal, you should be ready.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:50 AM   #21

iRV2 No Limits Club
Soooo TB, Did all this conversation help any? Have not heard anything for a couple of days, watching movies on Dish more than likely.

See yall in the funnies, Warren
WAGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:10 AM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
the only time I've seen it's really beneficial to go with DN is when you want a HD TIVO- DirecTV still wants $1000 for theirs when DN is only $300...Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OR, you can lease the DVR from DN, for $5 per month, and it is guaranteed forever. Reception problem, recording problem, it doesn't matter, they will replace it. That's what we did.

WAGM Wrote;
110 is for pay per view ), I never look at 110 after I find 119.
That's not entirely true. I find that several of the HBO channels, and the National affiliates are on 110, and the remaining HBO channels are on 119. Here is a link that tells what channels are on what satellite.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:52 PM   #23

WAGM. I haven't had a chance to play with it since I got home. Right now it is 20 deg. outside with a sheet of ice and snow on the ground. Sure am glad I winterized the WW Monday night.

TB

WW FS2300
twinbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:23 AM   #24

When I had the tripod dish, it was always easier to find 110, then just tweek it over to 119. I had a Dish500, so I had to make sure to get both. Now I have the King Dome, and it only takes a minute or two.

I have to agree with earlier posts about Dish being a PITA. If we didn't have Dish in the house and all the PVR's and crap, I'd go DTV for the trailer. So, I just set up for 119 and leave it there.

2007 Rally site
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:09 PM   #25

Man sure is a lot of talk just to watch TV. I heated up a 2ft length of 1.5" pvc and bent it to the angle of my ladder and put the Direct dish on the end. Then slide it into a pole holder on my lader. Hook up the $12.00 sat finder and move the dish untill the meter is pegged. Then I climb down and turn on the TV and go to the signal meter. If my guide is downloading I'm good. If it says wrong sat I go back to the ladder and go left or right untill I hit the other signal. Only two to find so I have a 50 50 chance the first time. Have TV in 5min.

Don

06 LE 3505
Grizwald2 is offline   Reply With Quote