Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2016, 10:34 AM   #1

Evergreen, would you buy NOW or NOT???

i have the opportunity to acquire a t/h at a decent price yet i am holding out for a lil better one, BUT as we know evergreen has folded and is sippin' drinks on some beach? so i ask you folks who have been around a while would you buy a unit now or not?? there is a whole bunch of things to consider that as the owner of such a unit that from point of sale there will be ZERO warranties and manufacturer support, but is that really such a big deal since most, not all parts can be covered/obtained w/an ext warr??
meseahunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2016, 10:42 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
How much is the discount?
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:22 AM   #3

13k off msrp
Old 07-09-2016, 09:51 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by meseahunt View Post
13k off msrp
13k off an MSRP of 26k or 13k off an MSRP of 100k? Makes a difference.

These are a risk, for sure. But many of the components are same across the board. You're basically buying a new RV which will likely at least have *some* issues - if you do well, hopefully they're minor.

I think I'd be wanting at least 33% off real MSRP (not some fictional dealer number) - and ideally in the 40-50% range. Alternatively, some (in writing) dealer based warranty.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #5

13k is off the 47k msrp sheet? dealers are not allowed by law in tx to offer any sort of orig manf warr, they can only offer ext warr's
Old 07-10-2016, 01:20 PM   #6

Hold out for $19K off.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:48 PM   #7

Ummmm, 1st Post. Yikes.
Yesterday we bought an Evergreen for more than 50% off MSRP. We haven't picked it up yet. We did not know they were going belly up either. Glad we bought the extra warranty, for sure. Wow. We'll be sure to mention to them that we considered them not saying anything about it as a bit disappointing.
We are still excited and looking forward to many miles of smiles
ShinySideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:35 PM   #8

Last year I bought an Ever lite (division of Evergreen) 232RBS. Now that it seems I have the first year bugs worked out (did them myself) it's a very nice unit. All composite (no wood in the walls, floor, or roof) and a double welded aluminum cage. I feel confident that it will last for many years. I was shocked to learn that the company folded given the product they were producing. The only thing I can figure is their cost to produce these trailers was more than they could charge for them. At the savings you guy's are getting I think I would have to think very seriously about jumping on those deals.
stormrider15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
Ummmm, 1st Post. Yikes.
Yesterday we bought an Evergreen for more than 50% off MSRP. We haven't picked it up yet. We did not know they were going belly up either. Glad we bought the extra warranty, for sure. Wow. We'll be sure to mention to them that we considered them not saying anything about it as a bit disappointing.
We are still excited and looking forward to many miles of smiles
Update: We 'closed' our TH deal yesterday and the dealer had already prepared paperwork stating Evergreens dissolution and gave us a dealer paid warranty package to make up for it.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:18 PM   #10

Depending on what dealer your buying from, you can do better than $13k off MSRP. A friend is closing on a deal....MSRP was $87k, they added right at $10k in dealer installed options, bring total cost to $97 MSRP...they finalized the deal for $75k...so thats $22k off of MSRP. Dealers want to move the Evergreen/Lifestyle units and most will make a great deal. You can buy an aftermarket bumper to bumper warranty from $2k-$3k depending how long the warranty is. I have heard of a few units that were produced towards the end that have a lot of QC issues...so also look at production date of the units. You can use that information to negotiate a price even lower for late production date units. Good Luck!
suprdave1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:38 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave1958 View Post
Depending on what dealer your buying from, you can do better than $13k off MSRP. A friend is closing on a deal....MSRP was $87k, they added right at $10k in dealer installed options, bring total cost to $97 MSRP...they finalized the deal for $75k...so thats $22k off of MSRP. Dealers want to move the Evergreen/Lifestyle units and most will make a great deal. You can buy an aftermarket bumper to bumper warranty from $2k-$3k depending how long the warranty is. I have heard of a few units that were produced towards the end that have a lot of QC issues...so also look at production date of the units. You can use that information to negotiate a price even lower for late production date units. Good Luck!
Yes, very good advice. Although I despise money talk,
Here's our deal, for example:
MSRP $117,000.
They asked $58,500
We offered $56,500 and they took it.
That's less than 1/2 off MSRP.
We weren't going to even buy that day, but that, to us, was too good of a deal to pass up.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:34 AM   #12

I'm going back tomm for the last negotiation session on two of the three units they have left so will see just how much of a deal I get?? I have called sooooo many dealers doing my research and I have gotten nothing but sad news from them, from the deep discounts they are having to offer to the huge number of units coming back in-trade due to what has happened w/the manf..... so I'm not gonna lie and say it does not worry me since these units just don't have a long enough track record and there is very little owner discussion out there to base good/bad on??? I'm not worried about the warranty issue, for me it is about the reliability!!! good luck to me
Old 07-18-2016, 05:24 AM   #13

We have a group in Yahoo groups of Evergreen owners. If you haven't already you might look there for the answers your looking for. I love my trailer. My only concern is if I damage the skin is how it will be repaired. Worst case is my insurance will total it. Evergreen used a completely different process in thier manufacturing of the walls floor and roof that should last for many years. Other than that everything else can be fixed. I understand folks being nervous and trading thier trailers warranted or not. I'm not worried about my trailer. I had the usual stuff wrong with mine you find with a new trailer. I fixed them myself. It's the easiest trailer to work on I've had so far. Try yahoo groups. They are good folks.
stormrider15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:49 PM   #14

Pulled the plug today on the Reactor, orig msrp 47 final price 30.5 plus dealer threw in a 7 yr ext warr, now the fun begins....

Tags
evergreen