Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-30-2005, 07:54 PM   #15

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
i however do have a question.
it evidently will take an engineering type but all are welcome to hazard a guess.
what is this thing that came with the trailer:

http://irv2.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4304

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike:

I think I remember a post about this "thing"...I believe it is a shelf-doubler that you could put in one of your cabinets to gain more space. A footstool so you can reach the AC Vent? Perhaps...did you tell them how tall you were prior to ordering it? Maybe it's a custom one!

You got yours with a sofa???!!! Wow...I missed that option (you are in the LE, aren't you? Hope you are, and you've got the Wi-FI set up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got the high end run of cabinets builders. This foot stool looking thing is so you can
stack your DVD, VCR etc in the entertainment
wing of your upper cabinets next to the TV.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2005, 08:01 PM   #16

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... (By the way, WE were the first ones to put in those overhead reading lights ... heh, heh, heh ... thought I'd let you get away with that, eh, Big Bro?).. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well then SANDY, it is you who has the congrats coming, although tech-pubs '56 shoots a mean diggi-cam. and yea, where IS King? probably over helping brother

but Sean, i DID get those 2 captains chairs (swivlers) with the two bay windows. Now that is a great option. every vehicle i have worked on for years has been a primer grey sleeper, i just aint too much for the flash on the outside. well, one of my Springers has a G.D. paintjob that i asked a freind to do once and it is a awesome piece, although still subdued, but this time for the first time i decide to toss in a little splash. and it is against my nature. but,... the billet interior and the bay windows. the bay windows are something everyone should consider.

(and Sean, i'll call you manana and maybe we can get a southern contingency headed on up to central CAl soon, that Jawbone or Mojave. we'll swing by and get learnem on the way up.

FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 08:04 PM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You got the high end run of cabinets builders. This foot stool looking thing is so you can
stack your DVD, VCR etc in the entertainment
wing of your upper cabinets next to the TV. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

which oddly enough is EXACTLY where i found my short little footstool
it looks like I won't be calling that gas-condom-nozzle guy with my idea afterall
Old 04-30-2005, 08:16 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but Sean, i DID get those 2 captains chairs (swivlers) with the two bay windows. Now that is a great option. every vehicle i have worked on for years has been a primer grey sleeper, i just aint too much for the flash on the outside. well, one of my Springers has a G.D. paintjob that i asked a freind to do once and it is a awesome piece, although still subdued, but this time for the first time i decide to toss in a little splash. and it is against my nature. but,... the billet interior and the bay windows. the bay windows are something everyone should consider.

(and Sean, i'll call you manana and maybe we can get a southern contingency headed on up to central CAl soon, that Jawbone or Mojave. we'll swing by and get learnem on the way up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although they make six (sp) a harder job (yuck,yuck,yuck)...they are a thing of beauty...the gauchos just have tendency to try to capitulate you outta 'em... bay windows have a tendency to get ya that 'Bay View' (Captain Obvious yackin' here!).

I've always been amazed at the paint jobs on the HDs...sounds like you got a real custom one. The WW graphics don't even come close, but they'll do.

And our trip...si senoir! Remember I'm 3 hrs ahead of you right now...tomorrow night is anudder drinking night planned with one of our programmers...should be a hoot (you just gotta know 'BEP' [logon name])....
Old 04-30-2005, 08:22 PM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
[QUOTE]... (By the way, WE were the first ones to put in those overhead reading lights ... heh, heh, heh ... thought I'd let you get away with that, eh, Big Bro?).. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well now I'm corn-fused...WW also includes "Accent" lighting, which is also known as "mood lighting"...I believe we are getting the "mood" lighting, as well as the overhead reading lights...our '95 SLC has reading lights. So now I'm wondering about the posts from 56 and Sandy...are you sure they weren't part of the package you were supposed to get and someone just forgot to install 'em?

Things that make ya go hummmmm......
Old 04-30-2005, 08:27 PM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWFan:
[QUOTE]... (By the way, WE were the first ones to put in those overhead reading lights ... heh, heh, heh ... thought I'd let you get away with that, eh, Big Bro?).. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well now I'm corn-fused...WW also includes "Accent" lighting, which is also known as "mood lighting"...I believe we are getting the "mood" lighting, as well as the overhead reading lights...our '95 SLC has reading lights. So now I'm wondering about the posts from 56 and Sandy...are you sure they weren't part of the package you were supposed to get and someone just forgot to install 'em?

Things that make ya go hummmmm...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problemo.... the SLC has the nice reading
lights but the LE models don't.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:30 PM   #21

no, check out '56 pictorial of where and HOW he installed two little spotlights above the bed. he was all proud he didn't get himself in the mirror when he shot the picture.

and when we remodelled at work a few years ago, we took out a rail system in the conference room with about 15 of those lights on it. and everyone was trying to nab them including the electricain, but somehow they mysteriously all ended up in a box underneath my desk at work, and a lightbulb went off in my head when i saw '56s idea, well now we know it was Sandy and King's idea, and i can anticipate putting a couple/few of them in my trailer if i have the hankering.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:36 PM   #22

I remember that..(Yes...I laughed my butt off when he mentioned that...Sandy says he's retired- he must be a retired rocket scientist, because NOONE else would've thought about it [56- you keelllllll me!!!] Either that, or he's a ghost!

Just how many lights are you gonna light your bride with??! Geeezz...kinda theatrical, isn't it? Maybe we outta stay for the show!!
Old 04-30-2005, 08:45 PM   #23

I remember that..(Yes...I laughed my butt off when he mentioned that...Sandy says he's retired- he must be a retired rocket scientist, because NOONE else would've thought about it [56- you keelllllll me!!!] Either that, or he's a ghost!

Just how many lights are you gonna light your bride with??! Geeezz...kinda theatrical, isn't it? Maybe we outta stay for the show!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK...... So we removed the WW emblem logo mirror
from the headboard and went to Home Depot and
and bought mirror tiles for the ceiling
Old 04-30-2005, 08:54 PM   #24

Hate to coin a phrase here in public like this, but here 'ya go..."to each his own". OK...that said...

56: just the ceiling? Let's get creative here...what about the walls? Sometimes when you're turning the..."...wow...maybe went too far on that thought!

OK...try this...if you don't have one of those fandangled picture-phones...webcams? (OK...went too far on that one also..).

At some point, we're just gonna have to get together and focus our conversations on more productive things, like "how do you like to chalk your wheels", or "what grease do you use on your pin" (trailer!).

And to think that this thread was labeled "FatDog Needs a Longer Sewer Hose"...
Old 04-30-2005, 09:05 PM   #25

and look, i hadn't noticed that until now, but '56 you DID remove that WW mirror-thing from the wall at the front of the bed.
i honestly haven't been in mine enough to exactly remember everything but it looks like you did alter yours.

and Sean with all your ehmmm,.. little ideas on the interior,
yours must be some kind of spectacular on the inside.
i know you are sporting a mega watt sound system, you probably ran sound for Led Zeppelin in the '60's?
but, the video end of it i'm guessing doesn't lack a lot of commitment either??
Old 04-30-2005, 09:09 PM   #26

No..I admit...lacking on the video side...and NO...no extras on the bedroom thing either. Toons- yes...I'm just glad I can still remember how to get in the darn thing when I'm ready to go to bed.

Where does 56' have the add'l pics? I Gotta see!!
Old 04-30-2005, 09:54 PM   #27

Where does 56' have the add'l pics? I Gotta see!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is a photo with the WW mirror logo removed
Old 04-30-2005, 10:15 PM   #28

Now I remember that foto, and I remember the reading lights, but now I don't remember where the logo was...I've looked inside em a whole bunch, but can't recall that? Got a 'before' pic?

I know you took this pic a few days ago, which would be a couple after you got it, but wow...you guys were quick at getting your own bedding stuff..looks good! Makes me wanaa go to bed (remember...I'm in CT..it's 2:00am here now, and I think I will- the ORICK infomerchals is the only TV i'n gettin now).

Hey...gotta yack with FD some more tomorrow nite...I think there's alot he's not telling us yet (may be due because HE doesn't know yet!)....

Good nite, 56...good nite FD...good nite Sandy...good nite [whoever I missed!]