Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-30-2005, 12:03 PM   #1

Right now your at the dealer complaining that
your sewer hose it just too small. You probably
got the courtesy sewer hose kit which cost you $395

That's OK..... take your saw and cut the tube
These stock LE models will only carry a 10 foot
hose in the compartment. Solved that problem by cutting
off the end of the tube and have the 20 foot
hose coil into a 5 gallon bucket. The bucket fits perfect

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2005, 12:03 PM   #2

Right now your at the dealer complaining that
your sewer hose it just too small. You probably
got the courtesy sewer hose kit which cost you $395

That's OK..... take your saw and cut the tube
These stock LE models will only carry a 10 foot
hose in the compartment. Solved that problem by cutting
off the end of the tube and have the 20 foot
hose coil into a 5 gallon bucket. The bucket fits perfect

Old 04-30-2005, 03:13 PM   #3

56!!

Is Mike getting his new rig right now? What happened- already filled up the pooper??!! Must've been a tough pre-inspection- man!- he really does know how to try things out before he takes 'em off the lot! I wonder how many burritos it took to muster up a goot one to fill up 50gal!

Just got back from quite the 7-hour "tootle"....rented a car, drove to Boston, south to Newport, RI, and back to Windsor, CT. Ready to get some grub, then come back to the hotel to start getten' live here...

Mike: If you got your beast, we gotta know how it went, and quickly!! I'm dyin' to find out how it went!!

56: Tired of yours yet?! Has the newness worn off yet?

Sean
Old 04-30-2005, 06:03 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to FatDog

that is funny '56 !
i never used that tube for storing my sewer hose on my last trailer because the cleanout head of the hose didn't fit into it. but i will have to check out this model here.
frankly, i got a little tired of having my sewer hose just tossing on top of the batteries in that forward compartment. Boy, between the batteries venting and the sewer hose tossed on top of them, that sure was one compartment that i sure didn't have to worry about algae or anything like that growing in it
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:12 PM   #5

That's one issue that I'd be interested about, because I do the same thing- the hose goes in the front compartment next to the LP tanks- the 90 degree 'adapter' has a hard time going in a 4" tube. I guess I could take it off as I think they now have alot better couplings now that don't have to be clamped on (although that clamp is worth it's weight in gold if the hose blows off!).
Old 04-30-2005, 06:32 PM   #6

yea Sean,
and what i like to use is that elbow that has the connector for a garen hose so you can reverse flush the tank. it it made out of a heavy clear plastic so you can 'see the results'
i just don't see that thing fitting into the storage tube, although right now i'm starting to wonder if i am perhaps the only guy out there too lazy to take it off the sewer hose every time i use it so that i CAN put the darn thing away

but since '56 has developed his 'altered sewer hose receiver element', i believe i am also going examine the possibility of doing things the right way
(and yes, i am sure, as you are sure as well, that when I see you out there, my (and your) sewer hose will be tossed in a big mess on top of the batteries still
what is '56 anyway, an engineer or something?
Old 04-30-2005, 06:44 PM   #7

You know, Mike...I have one of those clear plastic, hook up the GH, but I've never used it. I always wondered how they work when where you have to put them gets anywhere CLOSE to the ST (XXXX-tank). WW has that long PVC pipe that goes to the front of the wheels- what good does it do at that point (no really- I am asking).

That 56 reminds me of that EverReady Bunny AGAIN...he just keep on going, and going, and going... I've never seen that mod before, so I'm pretty sure he can get the patent on it as long as he can delete the picture out of his post in time...

We gotta get together soon before a) his head explodes from all these ideas, or b)he can't remember em anymore- I need to learn some of his other tricks!
Old 04-30-2005, 07:19 PM   #8

Sean, yea, i am going to look at copying his work on those accent lights. That looked nice.

But alright, i have a darn trailer again after 3 months of 'without', and i am now ready to use some diesel up. Sandy had mentioned Jawbone (i have to go look that post up again right now to see if that was the name) and i am anxious to go.
time for a roust?????? !!!!!!!!

i however do have a question.
it evidently will take an engineering type but all are welcome to hazard a guess.
what is this thing that came with the trailer:

http://irv2.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4304

My obvious guess, would be a footstool. i am 6'3" and i could not reach the interior AC vent today to open it. I have never NOT been able to reach anything. but i see this little wooden thing in the cabinet and it is like...... 6 inches tall.! What does it do? is it a footstool? two library books stacked on top of each other are just about that tall. maybe its an ottoman? whatever it is, its kinda cute, i'll probably play with it tonite as i watch TV, i'm just not sure what i'll use it for.
'56 probably has his wired for satellite reception or something by now. i'm going to go put a beer on mine and grab some space on my sofa.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I'm pretty sure he can get the patent on it as long as he can delete the picture out of his post in time... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a call into the "nozzle condom" guy so he
can make me designer sewer hose holders. I can
see this is gonna be a money maker
Old 04-30-2005, 07:34 PM   #10

Hey...I see a money-maker here...anyone 'in'?
Old 04-30-2005, 07:41 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FatDog:
i however do have a question.
it evidently will take an engineering type but all are welcome to hazard a guess.
what is this thing that came with the trailer:

http://irv2.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4304

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike:

I think I remember a post about this "thing"...I believe it is a shelf-doubler that you could put in one of your cabinets to gain more space. A footstool so you can reach the AC Vent? Perhaps...did you tell them how tall you were prior to ordering it? Maybe it's a custom one!

You got yours with a sofa???!!! Wow...I missed that option (you are in the LE, aren't you? Hope you are, and you've got the Wi-FI set up!
Old 04-30-2005, 07:45 PM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">what is '56 anyway, an engineer or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he's R-E-T-I-R-E-D! Lucky dog!!

When we got our '03 FB2200s within a couple of months of each other, King Salami and 56Nomad were on the phone every day with each other yacking about one "modification" or another. What one didn't think of, the other one did. (By the way, WE were the first ones to put in those overhead reading lights ... heh, heh, heh ... thought I'd let you get away with that, eh, Big Bro?)

SandyFeet
SandyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:48 PM   #13

Mike, Sandy & 56 (where's King?):

Ohh...and Tom...get your coach loaded...a Mojave trip seems to be in the works...I don't know if I'll have a TH at that time, but I'd love to come out for the day and meet everyone...we can get that task done, so the next trip is more comfy...

Weve got next weekend planned @ Calico...it's a regular Mom's Day thing (MY mom ain't coming and never has, though---she get a phone call and flowers) where we sit at the bar on the main street and watch all the goin's-on's during the bash)...the next weekend might be a push, but you guys go for it! Git 'er done!!

Mike, if you're gonna be that close to us on your way up, if we don't go, maybe we can meet somewhere on the path and see your new rig...comin' or goin'...
Old 04-30-2005, 07:50 PM   #14

Ohhhhhhh,
its a shelf doubler
(not a footstool) and thanks for not making me feel like an idjit
i just could NOT figure it out.
and no i'm not in the LE, i'm sitting inside my house right now on the sofa, with this thing in my hand trying to figure it out.
i just tossed it out onto the front porch once you told me what it really is. i'll toss it back into the trailer tommorrow.
i thought i had my first stepstool in my life, albeit a 5" one