Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:02 AM   #1

Finally found and fixed my wiring nightmare!!!!!

We finally found the dead short we were having with our TH today
After thinking about this and having a close friend of mine look at it we decided not to take the wall off but to chase the short down starting with the slide wiring, Glad we did, the short was in the wall of the slide where the roof of the slide is screwed to the side of the slide, The wiring was pinched between the roof and the wall, how the did not see this when they were putting it together is beyond me, The insulation of the wire was completley gone, We had to pull the wire to get it to come out. What was pinched was about 4 inches of wire. On top of this we had to remove the couch, thinking we had to remove the inside wall and to my amazement the couch was not even screwed down or together, It is now! Man I just can not believe that we, (meaning) most of us out there spend a ton of money for these TH and come to find out they are truely are built poorly, if these manufactures could just spend 10 extra mins doing a better job QCing these units 90% of all our problems would be solved.
About 2 weeks ago I called the manufacture to ask for a wiring diagram for this Fuzion and the customer rep kinda laughed and said what wiring diagram, there is none. Your building these units for the public there should be one you would think. Right!
Man I'm telling you this is just not right for the consumer,
I really do love our TH but the more I look the more I find more things that are just not correct. I can go on and on about big business screwing the consumer but I think most of us know have we end up at the wrong side of the stick,

We have used this trailer 5 times in the last 13 months we have own it and have put on just over 2700 miles on it, the last owner owned it 9 months and put on maybe 1500 miles and used it maybe 2 or 3 times,He bought it new. The transport of the trailer to CA was about 2200 miles so in all the trailer is 19 months old used 7 or 8 times and has maybe 6400 miles on it MAX, I have bascially re wired the hole unit, have fixed more stuff then I cared to even mention due to a piss poor QC job and I bet you would even find 3/4 in a PDI, I've replaced the brkaes and drums when the trailer only had 4000 miles due to improper install from the factory.
Whether I'm anal or not these things should have not failed in the amount of time it has,
I hate to admit this but I didnt have any of these problems when I own my WW and I had it for 11 years. I would be suprized it this unit last that long.
At least now I know the TH is correct and everything works the way it should.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2011, 12:09 AM   #2

Triple E Owners Club
I have a 1997. I called the mfg, last year, on a wiring question. The rep. said " I will find the schematic and email it to you. In about 2 hours I had it in my Inbox.

OneRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
How they did not see this.....? Monday of course, still hung over.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRVer View Post
I have a 1997. I called the mfg, last year, on a wiring question. The rep. said " I will find the schematic and email it to you. In about 2 hours I had it in my Inbox.
I think the reason you got yours is beccause you have a Freightliner not a TH but thats good you got it,
Old 07-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #5

There is another thread about older MH vs newer ones and it's interesting. You said your couch wasn't even bolted down? I took my couch out of my 1990 HR last night. What a job! 12 1 1/2 inch lag bolts! Getting behind it to get them out was murder and it took me over 2 hrs to do it. I guess they don't build them like they use to....
Old 07-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
There is another thread about older MH vs newer ones and it's interesting. You said your couch wasn't even bolted down? I took my couch out of my 1990 HR last night. What a job! 12 1 1/2 inch lag bolts! Getting behind it to get them out was murder and it took me over 2 hrs to do it. I guess they don't build them like they use to....
They sure do not build them like they used too thats for sure, but I sure bolted it down now

Tags
wiring