Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Toy Haulers Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-10-2005, 07:32 PM   #15

Mike:

I'm still tryin to figure out how I can make em 'open & close' 'open & close' (you know- an animated gif like Sandy's), but yes- new pic! 56 isn't the only one updating his avatar! I'm surprised your flying stick man isn't trodgin the US from West to East (or East to west, depending on your preference!).

Man...you've got that eagle eye on the beads of those tires...remind me to have ya watch our beer cooler outside this weekend, OK?

hallet: cough up the details, dude! We's minds are just goin' nuts here! And the rockers were the way to go- nuttin' like a bay window to look at at a ripe ol' age!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2005, 07:04 PM   #16

For me it just came down to convenience. Don't get me wrong, I loved the the 5ver pulled and there's relly no comparision between the two. The master "suite" was also alot nicer, but for us we decided to go back to the TT for these reasons:
1. I have a snug-lid on our truck and taking the thing on and off was a pain for the wife and I. Not to mention the weight of the 200+ lb pullrite hitch.
2. We also like to use the truck for long trips as a family when camping is not involved. Because of that, we had to remove the hitch, put the "bed-rug" in, and the snug-lid on before we could load stuff in the back of the truck.
3. I had about 5 inches of bed clearance between my lifted truck's bedrails and the bottom of the 5ver (which had flipped axels). a couple of times I came close to hitting the bedrails and got tired of worrying about it.
4. the WW FSC3200 is a wonderful trailer and with the "pop-out", we have days of room inside.

I do miss the way the 5ver towed, but we actually like this trailer alot better. I'm sure alot of that is because of all the drama we had with "Funkwood." We thought about getting a WW 5ver, but decided (for the above reasons) to go back to the TT.

Let's just say it works out better for ME....

Oh yeah,,, I never had any issues with the sort-bed,,,The Pullrite hitch is well worth the $.

If you are looking for details on the Gearbox buyback,,,see "gearbox delamination" in the trailerlife.com forum section. it's all there.

hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 07:19 PM   #17

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
well hallett,
we asked the question, and you gave 4 decent reasons
i like the 5r pull as well, but a couple times i've wondered as well about the bedrail clearance while fooling around offroad. afterall, are we offroaders or what?

and that brings up another ?????? that i have, WW now appears to be using a more extended pin box. i suppose now i have to worry a bit about clipping the inside of my tailgate with my shortbox. i haven't really checked it out while under to too much yet. hey, how much could a tailgate cost?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:48 PM   #18

hallet:

oh geeez...I just read through 4 of the 31 pages of posts on your delam issue, and I'm flabbergasted. Oh...and just before that, I was on dieselstop reading about some guy having issues with his 6.0L- that was 14 pages.

You know, about 5 years ago before we found our 95 we looked at a Fleetwood unit- brand new. After eyballin it inside, we walked around to scope out the outside, and I saw the siding (can't remember if it was fiberglass or alum), and I remember noticing the front upper siding buckled. I asked the salesgal about it, and remember her reponse to be "oh...we can fix that". Of course, my comeback was "I'm not worried about it now-it's a new TH- what about two years from now when the warranty expires!". Needless to say, we looked at others.

Now I don't know whether to poop or go blind...but glad you found WW to make it all right! Have fun with it!!

Sean
Old 05-11-2005, 09:06 PM   #19

yea, whats up when some brand new trailer (or truck) just suffers catastrophic breakdown, is never going to be fixable the way it should have been?
thank goodness you don't hear about it all that often, but a radical de-lam problem would gripe anybody.

And there sure are a handful of guys with that 6.0 who had a lot of problems, a lot of them when it first came out a couple years ago. Now most guys seem to be really happy with the 6.0

Just in time Sean for you to start thinking about kicking some tires on the dealer floor
Old 05-16-2005, 02:33 PM   #20

Mike:

Yeap...plan on doing that this week if all goes well!
Old 05-16-2005, 03:02 PM   #21

now i'm willing too, may not be ready, but i'm willing

got turned rotors and new pads on truck. i also noticed fluid leaking, but since it was tranny fluid and it was coming from the tranny, i didn't attribute it to the brakes. makes sense ehhh? when i put the Mag tranny pan on, must have left a couple bolts not tight enough and 40,000 miles later i'm missing two bolts. i'll toss them on as soon as i can find two and call it a day.

over at the dealer today, as i walked out of service, i aimed towards the truck lot like a man possessed. if the first thing i had seen was a cheap brand new 4x4 dually with a starving looking saleguy standing next to it, well right now i'd be emailing you a pic. unfortunately, the first truck i saw on their lot was a $52K 2 wheel drive harley edition F350. i just turned around and walked back to work.

i was going to go unpack the 5'r today, but didn't have it in me to unpack all the bikes/gas/tools/stuff with the original OEM paper wrap still around the toilet still. not one flush and unloading stuff already?? we'll take it to one of the local county parks friday. i insist upon being able to at least drain a tank before i unload all that stuff.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:39 PM   #22

FD:

Nice catch on that tranny fluid not coming from the brakes! You're just one 'faart-smeller'! But didn't the dealer have a couple of bolts?

Boy...wish I would've known that you'd go straight for that HD model...I cudda warned 'ya! Not particularly the way to get indoctrinated into F350 pricing! You gotta work your way up, man! Hey...when you're ready, let me know!

And I can tell you're still quite bummed over the weekend...I agree about not unpacking the rig...just jump back on that horse and ride into the sunset! Heck...take a couple more days off work...it's OK with me- you need it!

Sean
Old 05-16-2005, 03:55 PM   #23

Well...I have finally fallen to the dark side.

This is my first offical post here.

Sean...you are a WILD-MAN!

Howie...nice to see your face here too.

Here's my shack-on-wheels setup...

05 NEXT LEVEL 38CKS http://bestsmileys.com/happy/3.gif
PhatFireMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 05:04 PM   #24

Phatty,

Good to see you here too!!! Sounds like you all had a great time this past weekend. Next time I'll make sure that I can stay and play.

See Ya, Clark

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 05:30 PM   #25

PhatFireMan
Nice trailer, excellent avatar pic, and i'd like to know more about you truck wheels. they look good in your avatar against your acetoned truck badges.
Welcome Phat !!
and Sean is a Wild-Man luckily enough for every one of us

and Clark, i'd just like to say again how much i appreciate your offer of help, and it was nice talking to you Friday.
i think some rare sort of guys are in the RV world

Mike
Old 05-16-2005, 06:50 PM   #26

Oh Kris!!!

New you couldn't stay away for long! Welcome to iRV2!

Wow...your truck looks burgandy or 'fire brown' in the pic...did you paint it since last weekend?!

Too much fun last weekend, eh? I wish I could've stayed longer, but there'll be other weekends!

Good to see ya here!

Sean
Old 05-17-2005, 05:47 AM   #27

Thanks guys for the welcome...but now I'm all choked up.

Seriously though. I'm a forum-nerd over at Ford Truck World as well, so Mike, if you want to see some pics of my truck check out my gallery over there... Ford Truck World
The only thing that I don't have pics of yet are the air bags, tank, and compressor. I added a female air connector at the rear bumper so I can hook up an air line for filling tires and such...very conveinient.

Howdy Clark!

Hallett...glad to see it finally worked out for you getting rid of your QueerBox. Unfortunately for me I reached the end of my one-year warranty and was forced to get my delam repaired by MTRV. They patched/painted the bubble on the side, and they replaced the entire front cap with a "better" one. Along with about a dozen other problems I've had, including the WORST one...the leaking roof! Who knows how much rot is going on inside my walls right now!

At this point I am just going to use/abuse this thing and NEVER even consider buying Fleetwood again. Every time I hear about their increasing corporate losses, or some fat corporate exec getting fired...I stand and CHEER! Yeah!

05 NEXT LEVEL 38CKS http://bestsmileys.com/happy/3.gif
PhatFireMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:49 AM   #28

Phatty:

Good site...like the pics- your "red" sure is close to fire engine red! Lots of mods- did you do those yourself?

It amazed me just how much reference there is to hallet's delam issue- I don't think I've ever seen a larger thread anywhere! But I guess you've resigned yourself to living with it- oh well, huh? Just keep some koolcoat in the rig and watch for brown spots!

Sean